[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

the arabs call condoleezza rice "kundara ra'ees" which means shoes of the president

Tzipi Livni calls her "Condi", they're that close.

Transient_Grace posted:

Tzipi Livni

dude thats just a name tpaine made up fyi

tpaine posted:

george bush was great because he was so obviously the dimwitted dauphin of a powerful family who was completely unable to do anything but what was explicitly laid out for him by the marauding vultures who surrounded him that the liveliest political debate centered around the stupid vs. evil idea, i.e. how much of his administration was fueled by ignorance and prejudice and how much was fueled by avarice and cunning manipulation, now we have his sequel, this would-be reformer who is worse in every imaginable way but is clearly not a stupid or ignorant person, just incredibly boring as he laughs and plays his little piccolo alongside us as we're pulled further and further under the surface

George W Bush owns

j sakai posted:

The 2004 election was an important victory for revolutionaries here, the most important in many years (all the sweeter because in our very weak state we can only get the fruit that falls from the tree). It is axiomatic in war that success depends in large part on using the mistakes and incompetence of the enemy. While civilians may wish for the “best” capitalist government, we revolutionaries need incompetence in the seats of power – and the Bush royal family has raised hubris and incompetence to an art form. It is a sign, actually, of system failure, like Czar Nick in Russia lurching suicidally into World War I.

Bush and Mr. Ketchuphead are obviously far from the same, no matter what left rhetoric may say. The Gores and Kerrys are state managers, can more or less manage or mangle the sinking welfare state, but they can’t build mass popular movements to save their lives (or as Maureen Dowd once wittily remarked, why be for Gore “who can’t even win when he’s won?” ). While Bush & the his far right crew can successfully ride the white euro-settler majority despite shooting the bottom out of the u.s. national boat, but couldn’t manage a hot dog stand. If revolutionaries here could actually choose the general staff of our opposition, we couldn’t dream up a better choice from our point of view. Ah, more years of stupid adventures, trampling over the loyal middle-classes & mismanaged takeovers – it’s political bliss (reminds me of the flip of that old Black Muslim song, “Black Man’s heaven is a white man’s hell”).

oh yeah bc the left was so lucid during the bush years
i don't miss bush b/c as far as i am concerned it is still basically 2003

it probably will be for the rest of my life

Meursault posted:

George O Bluth owns

j sakai posted:

They ask me what I do and who I do it for
And how I come up with this shit up in the studio
All I want for my birthday is a big booty girl
All I want for my birthday is a big booty girl

The true victory (the true "negation of negation") occurs when the enemy talks your language. In this sense, a true victory is a victory in defeat: it occurs when one's specific message is accepted as a universal ground, even by the enemy. (Say, in the case of rational science versus belief, the true victory of science takes place when the church starts to defend itself in the language of science.) BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS