bitcorm
Analogue: A Hate Story is a video game made by a person who calls themselves Christine Love and happens to be transgendered.

https://twitter.com/christinelove

The game is available for $10 on Steam on both Windows and Mac and has sold ~30,000 copies.

The title of the game is a reference to a prior game made by Love called "Digital: A Love Story" which is set in the golden age of dialup BBSes, I haven't finished this one though.

Analogue is set in a space-age future. But without spoiling too much, although it has mechanics somewhere in between a Japanese "dating sim" and a "visual novel", and also features a command line interface at points, the topical focus of the game is feminism. Although it takes place in the future, you spend your time analyzing the logs of a space ship whose inhabitants have, for many generations, reverted to a society virtually identical to medieval Korea. A girl from a more modern time is forced to live in this environment.

You interact with the two female AI, *Hyun-ae and *Mute, one of which is decidedly liberal (and enjoys cosplay), and the other of which is in charge of security for the medieval regime and strongly supportive of their old-fashioned ways. They will each grill you on how you morally interpret the events recorded in the game. In the end, it is up to YOU which of these lovely ladies you prefer! Or... can you get both?

Edited by Alyosha ()

--In one of Daddy's clubs there's a black cocktail waitress named Elois.

--Elois?

--Yeah, Elois. E and Lois. We called her Lady E.

--Where was she from? Compton?

--She's from Ladora Heights.

--Ladora Heights. The black Beverly Hills.

--It's not the black Beverly Hills. It's the black Palos Verdes. Anyway... Lady E, she was a man-eater-upper. Un-fuckin'-believable. Every guy who ever saw her had to jack off to her at least once. You know who she looked like? Christie Love. Remember that TV show? Get Christie Love... about the black female cop? She always used to say,

--"You're under arrest, sugar!"

--What was the name of the chick who played Christie Love?

--Pam Grier.

--No it wasn't Pam Grier. Pam Grier was the other one. Pam Grier did the film. Christie Love was like Pam Grier TV Show without Pam Grier.

--So who was Christie Love?

--How the fuck should I know?

--Great. Now I'm totally fucking tortured.

--Whoever it was, she looked exactly like Elois.

--Anne Francis.

--No. That was Honey West.

--Anne Francis is white.

--I'm tryin' to tell a story here. She looked exactly like Elois. We come into the club one night... and there's Carlos, the bartender. He's a wetback. He's a friend of mine. I says to him, "Carlos, where's Lady E tonight?" Apparently Lady E was married to real piece of dogshit, a real animal. He used to do things to her.

--Like what? What would he do?

--Beat her up?

--I don't know. He just did things. So anyway, one night she plays it real cool. She waits for him to get drunk. He falls asleep on the fuckin' couch. She sneaks up on him, puts superglue on his dick and glues his dick to his belly.

--Jesus Christ!

--I'm serious, man. I'm dead serious. They had to call the paramedics to cut the prick loose.

--Was he all pissed off?

--How would you feel if you had to do a fuckin' handstand to take a piss?

Alyosha posted:

Analogue: A Hate Story is a video game made by a person who calls themselves Christine Love and happens to be transgendered.

https://twitter.com/christinelove

The game is available for $10 on Steam on both Windows and Mac and has sold ~30,000 copies.

The title of the game is a reference to a prior game made by Love called "Digital: A Love Story" which is set in the golden age of dialup BBSes, I haven't finished this one though.

Analogue is set in a space-age future. But without spoiling too much, although it has mechanics somewhere in between a Japanese "dating sim" and a "visual novel", and also features a command line interface at points, the topical focus of the game is feminism. Although it takes place in the future, you spend your time analyzing the logs of a space ship whose inhabitants have, for many generations, reverted to a society virtually identical to medieval Korea. A girl from a more modern time is forced to live in this environment.

You interact with the two female AI, *Hyun-ae and *Mute, one of which is decidedly liberal (and enjoys cosplay), and the other of which is in charge of security for the medieval regime and strongly supportive of their old-fashioned ways. They will each grill you on how you morally interpret the events recorded in the game. In the end, it is up to YOU which of these lovely ladies you prefer! Or... can you get both?

clicked on the link and immediately saw a wddp anime avatar poster. thers no escape

less than a week ago bitcoin ppl lot two million dollars in a pyramid scheme.
man wddp drama and bitcoin crashes. its like spring 2011 has been continuing for over a year after most of us left it behind
http://www.dailytech.com/Pirateat40+Makes+Off+56M+USD+in+BitCoins+From+Pyramid+Scheme/article25538.htm

"Pirateat40" Makes Off $5.6M USD in BitCoins From Pyramid Scheme

i just did the math and that's about 6% of all the bitcoins in existence
Bitcoins
Get away
You get a good desktop with good internet and you're okay
Bitcoins
It's a gas
Grab those bits with both hands and make a stash
New anime wallscroll, cheetos, mom's basement daydream
Think I'll buy me a Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya box set

Bitcoins
Well, get back
I'm all right Pirateat40
Keep your hands off of my stack
Bitcoins
It's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit
I'm in the high-fidelity first class audiophile set
I think I need my own lolicon series

Bitcoins
It's a crime
Share it fairly
But don't take a slice of my pie
Bitcoins
So they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a node
It's no surprise that they're giving none away
Bitcoin is pretty high right now ($10) and scams have always been happening. Same crap has happened with Eve ISK countless times
my favorite eve story was the time some guys internet detectived some major guild leader and then cut his power lines right before a big raid
[account deactivated]
there was another time where this dude built himself up from the bottom of some guild, putting in his time for like two years, climbing the ladder, until they put him in charge of their logistics and then he stole like $100,000 worth of their money and gave all their resources to his old clan who he had been a double agent for this whole time
http://nakedkeynesianism.blogspot.com/2012/01/hyperinflation-in-bitcoinland.html

Goethestein posted:

there was another time where this dude built himself up from the bottom of some guild, putting in his time for like two years, climbing the ladder, until they put him in charge of their logistics and then he stole like $100,000 worth of their money and gave all their resources to his old clan who he had been a double agent for this whole time

this is one of those things where the story afterwards sounds kind of cool until you remember what playing eve and being in an mmo guild are actually really like, and then its disgusting

stegosaurus posted:

Goethestein posted:

this is one of those things where the story afterwards sounds kind of cool until you remember what playing eve and being in an mmo guild are actually really like, and then its disgusting

what a bunch of rubes. they should have invested all that money into the American dollar, a form of currency completely free from scams, frauds, devaluation and total losses
[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

william curlos williams

tpaine posted:

wow. nice dollar ownage

purestrain gil

Superabound posted:

what a bunch of rubes. they should have invested all that money into the American dollar, a form of currency completely free from scams, frauds, devaluation and total losses

HAhahah FUCKING OWNED!! take thart george washington, you piece of shit!

AmericanNazbro posted:

HAhahah FUCKING OWNED!! take thart george washington, you piece of shit!

d-d-did you hear that Thomas? i did it, i f-ffinally did it.... Master Paine, th-thou art avenged....*exhales last breath*

stegosaurus posted:

http://nakedkeynesianism.blogspot.com/2012/01/hyperinflation-in-bitcoinland.html

Not properly inflation because it was not based on expansion of the money supply. It was a change of valuation in the currency itself, but we should be careful not to just call this "deflation" and "inflation" if we want those words to retain their true meaning. To do otherwise is disingenuous, pretends an esoteric currency is directly comparable to mainstream currency and betrays a lack of knowledge in what inflation actually is.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon." - Milton Friedman

I defend bitcoin mainly because of all the bad economics its critics use, the same people who have been forecasting its imminent, permanent crash for years now and I guess still believe they are right

i'm a bitcoin, joel, could you defend me?

babyfinland posted:

i'm a bitcoin, joel, could you defend me?

A Florida man "obsessed with Fox News and the Republican party" felt that his girlfriend was too "liberal" -- so he decided he had to kill her.

The report recounts several incidents in which Kappheim allegedly arrived "stark naked" at the home of his girlfriend's friend, choked his girlfriend and told her that he would "kill her and burn her home," the Palm Beach Post reports.

Kappheim explained to a sheriff’s deputy, “He was very conservative, and his girlfriend was liberal and he felt he was going to have kill her," according to the arrest affidavit, according to WPTV.

His mistake was that he even considered dating a liberal woman. That's just creating trouble for yourself. Shoulda picked Mute

eh, ive done the same thing for the same reasons w/ my gay lovers
professional bit-miner chiming in
another hack http://bitcoinmagazine.net/bitfloor-hacked-250000-missing/

Goethestein posted:

less than a week ago bitcoin ppl lot two million dollars in a pyramid scheme.

the pyramid scheme isnt as impressive as how the guy managing the trust was also running a distributed mining operation to launder everything he stole, hes a definite genius

Alyosha posted:

lol i guess "an unencrypted backup of the wallet keys (the actual keys live in an encrypted area)" sounds better than 'i straight up stole ur internet money' but not by much

ANYONE ELSE WANNA BET THAT THIS IS THE SHADOW GOVERNMENT THAT KEEPS STEALING OUR BITCOINS IN ORDER TO KEEP THE WORKING MAN DOWN AND UNABLE TO USE AN ALTERNATIVE SYSTEM OF OBVIOUSLY SUPERIOR CURRENSY

Alyosha posted:

Roman Shittyman

somebody is ransoming mitt romneys tax returns for one million dollars in bitcoins

Goethestein posted:

somebody is ransoming mitt romneys tax returns for one million dollars in bitcoins

heh "somebody", you're so modest

ill pay you 2 million britcrowns and a free Diablo3 activation key to release them now