http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/09/stephen-colbert-i-love-my-church/
Stephen Colbert shelved the satire for the evening and opened up about his Catholic faith to a packed gymnasium of students from the Jesuit Fordham University.

“I love my church — warts and all,” Colbert told 3,000 students Friday, according to The Associated Press.

The comedian was joined at the New York event, which was billed as a discussion on humor and spirituality, by Cardinal Timothy Dolan.

Colbert, who has taught Sunday school, said his jokes are not at the expense of religion, but rather about the misuse of it, particularly in politics.

“If Jesus doesn’t have a sense of humor, I am in huge trouble,” he joked.

In a transcript of Dolan’s remarks, which were posted on the Archdiocese of New York’s website, the cardinal said his two nieces were thrilled he got to spend the evening with Colbert.

“I informed them that tonight would pale compared to being with Clint Eastwood two weeks ago at one of the two national conventions, especially when he said to me, ‘Cardinal, you know I played a preacher once, so I know that neck thing you wear is mighty uncomfortable,’” he said.

The cardinal, who was introduced as being a future contender for pope, told Colbert he had deep respect for his commitment to his faith.

“Stephen, part of my admiration for you is that, while you often tease and joke about your faith, and the church, there’s no denying that you take your faith seriously, and look to the church as your spiritual family,” Dolan told the comedian.
but catholicism is the only reasonable way of being a christian really? in the west at least
catholicism owns
Say what you will about the evils of Rome, at least it's a colorful religion.
when i was like 14 he interviewed assange and i remember being really uncomfortable vaguely, just watching it
show me on the crucifix where they touched you
im a catholic

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

when i was like 14 he interviewed assange and i remember being really uncomfortable vaguely, just watching it

Ah, so you're 15

Help NO. Help
im 14
[account deactivated]
i'm a cultural catholic and will always defend Rome against the heresies of protestant filth aka "religious capitalism"
fukk da christian infidel dumfucks. death to those who insult islam. peace.
i really like this new taylor swift song... listened to it 10 times already...

getfiscal posted:

Castrate all white Christian men in the name of God.

babyfinland posted:

getfiscal posted:

Castrate all white Christian men in the name of God.

the inherent self-hate and racism of islam shines through again....

babyfinland posted:

fukk da christian infidel dumfucks. death to those who insult islam. peace.

God is real, Allah is not.

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

im 14

getfiscal posted:

same, except 3 or 4 times. i like the direction her music is going

[account deactivated]
I guess i would call my dad's side culturally atheistic, they're all godless going back at least as far as great-granddad. Kind of feel I've been screwed out of a Spiritual Team to root for, so to speak.

Squalid posted:

I guess i would call my dad's side culturally atheistic, they're all godless going back at least as far as great-granddad. Kind of feel I've been screwed out of a Spiritual Team to root for, so to speak.

Same.

atheism is soooo 20th century

babyfinland posted:

Castrate all men in the name of Goddess.

ftfy

Here on this board you see the flag of America and you see the flag of Islam. In the flag of America here, you see that they use for their religion. You see red, white and blue as colors. Over here you see white and red only (the flag of Islam). These are very good teachings that you should know.

So we have this sign before you so you can read and learn something from it. You see stripes of red, stripes of white, and then you see a blue square here full of stars. "What does that mean Elijah?" It means truth in the American people. This is their flag, the root meaning of themselves- their color. That red represents the Sun; however, the red representing the Sun is besides an equal stripe of white, which represents the truth and the white represents the white people and the blue square represents untrue like the sky.

We say there's a blue sky, but you can go up there a billion miles and you will never find no blue. So today, God had given me the secret of all these things and I'm here to teach you the secret. That blue represents untrue. Just as the sky looks blue; yet, theirs is no blue sky. So, you may chase it all day and night long in your planes, but you won't find no blue sky up there.

You may say, "Well Mr. Muhammad, I see you have on a blue suit, does that mean you're untrue? No, this blue I'm wearing is because I live among untrue people. To get among them, to get their attention, you look like them and can creep up to them; he thinks that's himself.

The America flag and its true meaning: When the original scientists designed this for white America, he told him, he said, "I put the blue in here for you, because you will not be true." Blue represents untrue." There is nothing by nature that is actually true in blue; it can always disappear, because that's not the true color of nature or the universe's signs. The true color in the universe is the Sun, and the Sun is fire. Its red and it produces color. Whenever there is an artificial like plant, it can change that artificial plant into another color, because it is the master and does this. The Sun brings up the colors out of the earth into plant life and into other creeping, crawling, walking life. The Sun can change it to whatever it wants it to be or change it to something else.

You have never studied the universe and the planets in the circle of the universe, as it's a circle itself. The whole universe is a circle. You that have never studied this; though you have studied astronomy. Some of you have not gotten this deep into this, because the teachers that taught you some knowledge of astronomy didn't have it themselves and if they had it and knew the meaning of its end was referring to you, he would not have taught you it no way. This is why they don't attack me and put I their paper to make me prove what I teach. It makes him so little until you have to take something like a magnifying glass to find him. Therefore, he doesn't want to challenge me out here before you. I would love to have him stand here and challenge me. I would give him $20,000 dollars every hour if he would come here and try to contend with me.

"Well Mr. Muhammad, I think you're talking too fast, "No, I am not. I have mine from God, but god gave him the worst of what he had in his store house. He made the worst man that ever lived in the Sun, although we have not gotten to that yet. You will agree with me when I have taught you how he was made and give you the knowledge of how you can test the truth. You don't know how to test the real truth, because you have never heard the real truth. I can teach you how to test it. I can teach you how attack me and how I can ward you off.

That scientist that gave America a flag was a black man. He (the white man) didn't know how to make one with science like the black man, because the black man was the maker of this color and stripe, so, he made America a flag with truth and with justice and with fire that will ultimately destroy the falsehood that will come in the Sun. He put it there before the white man's face in this color. Don't call it old glory. Its old hell to you.
da american flegg has meening

the red stands for hardiness, bravery, and valór
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

wanted to hear some evidence for catholicism.

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

catholicism owns

I converted to Catholicism when I was 23. the true social teaching of the Church, starting with the sermon on the mount and including pro-worker encyclicals like Rerum Novarum, is the only true and non-reactionary political agenda in which I can find not only justice but love. the current Church is heart-breakingly disinterested in its own radical message, but writers like Mounier, Maurin, and Simone Weil, and movements like the Catholic Worker, still demonstrate the beautiful demand of Christianity.
behead all those who insult slam

Hilarious, catholicism, colbert's funniest joke yet
catholicism is disgusting idolatry
it's actually beautiful idolatry
ecce homo gran poder
White Christian men you say???