[account deactivated]

Lykourgos posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

greece has been going downhill since alexander died. film at 11.

alexander the great was a fucktard whose greatest "contribution" to greek "civilization" was the introduction of absolute monarchism. woo.

Uh excuse me alexander contributed in many ways, such as burning persepolis. when was the last time you burnt persepolis? Also alexander wandered around with his company of gentlemen and then when he died he bequethed his kingdom to the strongest. truly he was a randian objectivist superman.

alexander's greatest achievement was playing foil to diogenes, in that story where he asks diogenes if there's any favour he can do for him, and diogenes says "yeah, fuck off"

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/27/world/europe/greece-faces-national-strike-to-protest-austerity.html

big strike, lots of protests

“If people did not protest, there would be something wrong with the measures,” Petros Christodoulou, deputy chief executive, National Bank of Greece, told CNBC Europe’s “Squawk Box” Wednesday.

While Greece has received several tranches of its bailout from international lenders, much of this has gone towards recapitalizing its troubled banks rather than into the real economy.

in this age of neo-feudalism, the manners (banks) must prevail.
Why not go all the way and just lend out able bodied Greeks as indentured servants proportional to Greece's debt to the Eurozone? Germany gets most of them, Spain and France get some, etc etc. I mean yeah it's cruel and backwards, but can you just let Greek citizens off the hook for the debt their sovereign government accrued!?! Not on my watch. This six day week stuff just isn't going to 'cut' the 'mustard' for 'Europe.'
sorry about your leg barbarossa
dude you drowned in a river yo