EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

ok ill do my turn thing tomorrow

k

ya akhi, take your turn
i probably cant do dis im real busy irl right now
aright no worries. anyone else interested in taking over FARC or AUC??
i'll be a FARC
aight i think ima do a new starting card draw so FARC doesnt immediately get fucked, ill post it in a bit
1995 - Player's Turn: Ontario.

Political Situation: The social-democratic NDP government has been crippled by a recession, forcing it to make cuts while running a large deficit. One million people are dependent on the province's welfare system and the public sector unions are angry at imposed contracts that include unpaid leave. At the same time, anger over perceived high taxes has galvanized the opposition, limiting hopes of solving the crisis through tax hikes.

Card draw: Card is "Radicalism". Player chooses "Left Wing".

Narration: Facing certain defeat in an impending election, Premier Bob Rae steps down in favour of an Ontario NDP leadership race. The elected leader is Howard Hampton, a fiery leftist that has successfully drawn a line against austerity within the party.

Card draw: Card is "Defection". Player loses 1D6 MPPs. Roll: 6.

Narration: Following Hampton's election as leader, 6 ONDP MPPs defect to Lyn McLeod's Ontario Liberal Party in preparation for the coming general election. Government majority is now very thin, meaning that Hampton must act quickly.

Platform Stage: Leadership is Left Wing Radical (8). Modifiers: -1 Federal Fiscal Austerity; -1 Business Counterattack; +1 Crisis Response. Platform: 7 (Left-Social-Democrat).

Narration: Hampton releases "People's Power: A Manifesto for an Ontario that Works" which calls for a wealth tax and higher income taxes to fund a program of job creation. Also included is pharmacare, universal child care and an Ontario pension plan which would intervene in the economy.

Election: Election called for October 1995.

Opposition Turn: Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario next.
lol
OK, heres the fresh start:

Cartels are first up. The first card is Mexican Traffickers, which can increase the Cartels' income from 3x # of bases in the first propaganda phase (at the end of the first 'campaign') to 4x. That has the potential to make the Cartels insanely rich if they can get a lot of bases down, but since it came up so early the other factions are probably going to be watching for that kind of play. The second card has the Cartels eligible last, so they're probably not going to get to act on that if they pass- it probably makes sense either to execute the event or to conduct an operation w/o a special activity in order to deny the -10 resources event to the government.

I forgot to mention how the tracks work on the board. The 0-99 track on the outside tracks resources and support. Right now the situation is:

Resources:
Govt - 40
FARC - 10
AUC -10
Cartels - 10 (Cartel Victory >40 if Bases >10)

Support:
Total Govt Support - 50 (Govt Victory >60)
Opposition + FARC Bases - 20 (FARC Victory > 25)

The boxes in the corners track the number of Guerillas/Troops/Police available to the factions, as well as the number of bases.

Bases:
Govt - 1
FARC - 6 (FARC victory if Bases + opposition >25 as above)
AUC - 1 (Victory if AUC Bases > FARC bases)
Cartels - 6 (Victory if Bases >10 & Resources >40 as above)

Cartels have the farthest to go right now but that first card could result in an early Cartels victory if the other players fuck up.

Design notes for the cards:

Mexican Traffickers: The Cali Cartel had relied on its own delivery networks to get cocaine to US market. Disruption of that cartel’s distribution routes through the Caribbean and the dismantling of the Cartel itself in 1995-1996 created opportunities for Mexican traffickers to provide Colombian wholesalers with delivery and retailing services. Already prior to Op Millenium, the Colombian Bernal group was working with a Mexican Ciudad Juárez-based cartel to deliver 20-30 tons of cocaine monthly to the United States. Mexicans soon came to dominate US cocaine distribution with more extensive and efficient networks.

Mono Jojoy: A Colombian military and police operation in Meta Department in September 2010 killed the FARC’s operational second-in-command, Victor Julio Suárez Rojas, alias Jorge Briceño Suárez or "Mono Jojoy”, adding to a period of strong pressure on guerrilla remnants.
Also one interesting thing is that the Cartels start out with a base and an underground guerilla in Cali- this makes that base invulnerable to the gov't for the time being because they can't use "Eradicate" special actions on cities, and they can't kill bases until they've executed a "Sweep" operation to flip guerilla pieces from "underground" to "active". Because a Rally action in a spot where you have a base lets you place (# of bases + population) guerillas, and Cali is a population 3 city, the Cartels can immediately drop 4 guerillas in Cali, so things can get pretty out of hand there for the gov't rapidly
[account deactivated]
oh and to get this out of the way

1.5.1 Negotiation. Players may make any mutual arrangements
within the rules but may voluntarily transfer only Resources (1.7)
or Shipments (4.5.3). All negotiations are open. The rules do not
bind players to agreements.
Would anyone be interested in playing a freeform nation sim game after this one is over?
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

MaximoRoboto posted:

Would anyone be interested in playing a freeform nation sim game after this one is over?

you probably dont need to wait, this will take a while and is only really going to occupy the attention of a couple of posters for a few min a day. BF ran an Afghanistan sim on another forum a while back that i think was pretty successful

[account deactivated]
Gming that stuff takes a lot of time and effort bro. can u handle the business
someone tell stegosaurus its his turn tia
stegosaurus: if you read this, it's your turn now in the andean abyss thread (http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/topic/2259/)
[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

Gming that stuff takes a lot of time and effort bro. can u handle the business

It would be my first time running one and I'm not sure if I'm totally up for it, honestly. If I had a co-GM I can do it. Right now besides the fantasy one I've kicked around on Enver's forum I'm thinking either Colombian drug war (modelled after the game in this thread) or Iraq 2003-2012, so if anyone wants to co-GM, plz help

[account deactivated]
Thanks! I'll work on getting a write-up, and post an update on it sometime next week. a lot of these games end up being vaporware, so I'm gonna try to avoid that as much as I can. We'll definitely be in touch.

In the meantime, come play BoP:
http://z13.invisionfree.com/eRegime/index.php?act=idx
[account deactivated]
i'll make the website
get this shit out of my thread and then tell stegosaurs it shis turn. tia
[account deactivated]
theres no such ihng as a female consim nerd tpaine
sooooOOOooo I'm ready to do my move I think but I guess we're not using the save file you posted earlier? and I checked vassal and there's nothing online so do u want me to post my move here or pm it to you or what

it would be kind of cool if we could do this entirely via vassal, either fully online or passing around a save, but I understand the point now is to get shit started
[account deactivated]