[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

also khamsek and jools do you really think sex pregnancy and human development are so good and beyond improvement that they should be projected unaltered infinitely into the future

who here is saying that sex, pregnancy and human development are areas of human life that 'should' remain 'unaltered'? Of course medicine will change, the nature of our relationships will change, aspects of child-rearing will change........

idg what your complaint is here

rosewierd just thinks babies + genitals are icky and gross
[account deactivated]
what is your ideal vision of babies in the future rosie

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

roseweird posted:

also khamsek and jools do you really think sex pregnancy and human development are so good and beyond improvement that they should be projected unaltered infinitely into the future

who here is saying that sex, pregnancy and human development are areas of human life that 'should' remain 'unaltered'? Of course medicine will change, the nature of our relationships will change, aspects of child-rearing will change........

idg what your complaint is here

iwc & rw

[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

dank_xiaopeng posted:

grown together from a collection of dna patterns selected for optimal diversity and intercompatibility, in cells with shared hormone/nutrient baths, raised communally by intergenerational families (obv the first generations will instead be raised by people born via normal human pregnancy), educated with strong focus on life sciences and reverence for life and beauty

i mean they basically do that in kibbutzes without the matrix clone farms

roseweird posted:

dank_xiaopeng posted:

grown together from a collection of dna patterns selected for optimal diversity and intercompatibility, in cells with shared hormone/nutrient baths, raised communally by intergenerational families (obv the first generations will instead be raised by people born via normal human pregnancy), educated with strong focus on life sciences and reverence for life and beauty

what do you mean by optimal dna and intercompatibility? i mean their compatibility as humans doesn't even matter if it's all being dictated by computer does it.

but at least such a nightmarish system contains the seeds of it's own destruction, the generation who you taught to revere life and beauty would become disgusted at such a banal and ugly technocracy and tear it down, fucking urgently and irrationally, staining and ruining the immaculately preserved genetic records of yet another failed egomaniacal project.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

yet another failed egomaniacal project.

this but about "Having Children and A Family"

humans already do this

[account deactivated]
just asking if you genuinely believe that such a technology would serve yr weird gynocracy or even pursue equity and not just make disembodied flesh fuckbots out of women and purge brown masses or whatever. like maybe yr ideas align more with HBD than feminism. or even if such a technology is possible at this point w/ the rate of depletion of resources
roseweird how are you planning to address the importance of physical contact between mothers and children in a childs development. infant rearing and socialization is some serious shit to play around with. youre going to create a generation of mustangs.
[account deactivated]
lol technology's not inevitable, in terms of efficiency and energy output we don't actually have all *that* much further to go here on earth.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
and like, automated vat-grown babies would be hilariously energy intensive, in fact everything you've ever posted would be without 2/3 of the human race going extinct or something. you want some kind of zardoz future basically and it's Horrific

roseweird posted:

jools posted:

lol technology's not inevitable, in terms of efficiency and energy output we don't actually have all *that* much further to go here on earth.

obviously not but i think at least 'probable'? timeline obviously depends on stability, and if you project enough economic collapses any likely development can be delayed into nothingness. i don't know about this energy and efficiency or earth stuff though, even if we never develop fusion power, we have a lot of fissionable material right here on earth, and as for the earth itself, any of this can happen In Space so whatever.

at the rate the human race is going in terms of energy use and thermal waste, in about four hundred years the surface of the earth will reach boiling point lol. this growth has remained remarkably consistent btw, about 2.3%/year for a couple of thousand years or so

anytime someone who's not a research scientist says some technology or something is inevitable or bases social decisions on technology that hasn't even been invented, i just throw whatever books on math problems that have been open for hundreds of years i'm carrying at them and yell "THEN YOU INVENT IT"
kibbutzim children ended up kind of fucked up when they still were brought up collectively iirc
[account deactivated]
this stuff is bonkers on every conceivable level but it's sort of hard to get worked up about because it's never going to go anywhere at all
I have to say that your understanding of the world and how to improve it dont really seem to based on historical and sociological analysis so much as your own personal experience with family and gender. and I mean most of the mainstream at the moment thinks marxist analysis is flawed or nonsense but destroying capitalism is a breeze compared to attacking the very concept of a family.

that being said it seems like your actual goal is to have the scientific knowledge necessary to help improve women's ability to procreate without men while secretly nursing a neurotic desire to see men disappear from the surface of the earth. and thats a cool life strategy imo so good luck.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
wait what do you mean you wouldn't talk about it? in addition to being weird as hell is this supposed to be some sort of secret plot?
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

because nature is pretty bad and evil and horrifying,

roseweird posted:

no i mean posting at the rhizzone makes me think i probably don't really take myself seriously

well i mean that might be something to think about because, i mean, nobody is ever gonna buy this hitler shit

do you really think its less cruel to pursue some kind of hitleresque globe-spanning social engineering project to eliminate men and family life and whatnot, including all the requisite violence and oppression that that requires, than to just grow up and accept your dumb family
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

i genuinely believe males will eventually want to stop existing and that their biological obsolescence will accelerate this.

because technology?

dude i believe that a man flew a magical horse across the desert and then ascended to heaven to talk to god and i'm feeling like yeesh what a goofy idea that is
i dont think, by and large, people ever stop wanting to exist like that lol. werent you just telling me to study psychology because my ideas about how people make decisions or something were messed up

roseweird posted:

what i find odd is that people are horrified by eugenics but not by like, normal human reproduction

perhaps this is because you have brain/gender problems