dont objectify nugs
i respect swales as a topographic feature
all these charts that imply a discrete causation-link between an Event (the law passing) and some arbitrarily value-defined social trend (what constitutes the ideal 'Murder' by which all these separate deaths are reduced to?) are stupid and tell us almost nothing that could reliably inform future political action. the organic Whole of society is too complex for any formal understanding .

often these charts are distractions from more meaningful action that seduce us into useless debate armed with the illusion of 'unideological' knowledge.

if a gunchart had a z axis for class and supported my pre-existing beliefs it might just be the sort of arrogant delusion i could accept. maybe.
nice av, friend
you too pal
Wlecome back tpaine

Waylondo posted:

all these charts that imply a discrete causation-link between an Event (the law passing) and some arbitrarily value-defined social trend (what constitutes the ideal 'Murder' by which all these separate deaths are reduced to?) are stupid and tell us almost nothing that could reliably inform future political action. the organic Whole of society is too complex for any formal understanding .

often these charts are distractions from more meaningful action that seduce us into useless debate armed with the illusion of 'unideological' knowledge.

if a gunchart had a z axis for class and supported my pre-existing beliefs it might just be the sort of arrogant delusion i could accept. maybe.

So what you're saying is that graphs showing correlation are deceptive because correlation doesn't equal causation, that's cool

kinda surprised nobody pointed out that there are only 12 months in the year so 16/2/2014 is a nonsensical date

Lessons posted:

Waylondo posted:

So what you're saying is that graphs showing correlation are deceptive because correlation doesn't equal causation, that's cool

a bit more than that, but thats the gist of it yeah

tpaine posted:

you know who used to love gunchart? randbrick. where the fuck did that guy go and why hasn't he come back

http://www.lawyer.com/randolph-brickey.html

only twelve law points? thats not the randbrick i know...