littlegreenpills posted:

btw why are teenage catholic girls so fascinated by the human reproductive system and contraception and sexuality in general

they're taught by tehir parents an church that it's all magic and possibly devil magic duh

thats what franklinwdixon did out of college. wonder what hes doing now

stegosaurus posted:

he transitioned into management of the tutor company and then had a child and then defriended me on facebook (not court ordered)

TheIronChancellor

littlegreenpills posted:

tutoring is trill in my pre work permit days i used to make sous-le-table $$$ tutoring math+science to smelly little children from the catholic high school across the road. btw why are teenage catholic girls so fascinated by the human reproductive system and contraception and sexuality in general they will exercise their parents' $15 an hour to continually ask egregiously extra-curricular questions about them of a married man in his mid twenties? it was very annoying

its the original catholic dialectic

getfiscal posted:

stegosaurus posted:

he transitioned into management of the tutor company and then had a child and then defriended me on facebook (not court ordered)

lmfao for real? haha

im going to see if i can go freelance not through a company, but ive seen rates for companies offering 30 - 50.

20 - 25 is the standard entry-level rate but thats exploitative. 40 is a reasonable middle, but some ppl do 100 - 150 for mcat lsat etc

isee / ssat are the middle school standardized tests that r used for applications to elite prep schools

stegosaurus posted:

lmfao for real? haha

yeah. he was a SPUSA member but he went to one of their meetings in baltimore and was like yeah mao is cool and they didn't react well iirc.

getfiscal posted:

stegosaurus posted:

lmfao for real? haha

yeah. he was a SPUSA member but he went to one of their meetings in baltimore and was like yeah mao is cool and they didn't react well iirc.

thats cool. but hes just a happy bourgeois father of two with a lease on a mercedes now or what/

actually maybe he shut down his facebook altogether so i defriended his ghost. because i don't like being friends with people who aren't active. just doesn't feel right.

stegosaurus posted:

but hes just a happy bourgeois father of two with a lease on a mercedes now or what/

yeah he makes pretty good money. i haven't talked to him in a year or two though. i think his wife's grandfather was a major official in china or something and FWD is fluent in chinese now so he chats with his in-laws about like mao's grandson being fat or whatever.

be careful with that shit lgp

gwarp posted:

i used to get paid $10 an hour to tutor people in o-chem 1 & 2 and im also looking to get the same job again this fall, hmm...

what is ur situation in this, this is not good for u

Superabound posted:

shut up dont be gross

RBC posted:

gwarp posted:

i guess its kind of a disingenuous thing to do, but put signs everywhere advertising for absurd pay, like $100/hour, someone is bound to call you, many rich parents are desperate to give their idiot child that last shred of hope in going to a medical school not in the dark hole of blackness that is the caribbean.

thats a good plan

in general tutoring is a useless job, long extinct with the creation of web 2.0

uh no its a growing market precisely bc of web 2.0, theres a ton of new shit being introduced into classrooms that teachers and parents dont understand so they need young ppl to help their kids manage their academic career Thats where I come in

start tutoring and before you know it you're going to be a fiery passionate teacher in an inner city school good luck
in Texas, tutors with a bachelors degree, even some with teaching certifications make around $8-12 average for tutoring. It's a pretty hot business
hm i think ill make money instead
texas is cool.

chickeon posted:

gwarp posted:

i used to get paid $10 an hour to tutor people in o-chem 1 & 2 and im also looking to get the same job again this fall, hmm...

lol o-chem sounds like maybe the hardest possible thing to tutor, go do this shit for 4x as much goddamn.

i dont even have my degree yet, only reason i got the job is because it was a work study thing and i got a's in both of the classes.

babyfinland posted:

irving park / old irving, avondale, humboldt park, logan square, albany park

bc they r good location/cost of rent for me

BabyFin land You wanna Go twoZZs on a two bedroom in pilZen?? HahHAhahahHA

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

pilsen is thh best

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

babyfinland posted:

why

mexican food

American Apparel shirts never actually say American Apparel across the front?! Should've gone w 'Legalize Gay'

I realize I've exposed myself as a white hipster, yes, despite appearances that indicate otherwise
pilsen is hard to get to i guess um that would be cool except can we do a dif neighborhood

babyfinland posted:

pilsen is hard to get to i guess um that would be cool except can we do a dif neighborhood

BabyFin land would you hold my hand at this party
http://willlaren.tumblr.com/post/88035392063/this-performance-art-piece-took-a-weird-turn

littlegreenpills posted:

Superabound posted:

shut up dont be gross

i meant dont permanently ruin their sex lives by giving them actual advice

The_Boourns_Identity posted:

in Texas, tutors with a bachelors degree, even some with teaching certifications make around $8-12 average for tutoring. It's a pretty hot business

yeah ugk had a song about that. rip pimp....;

jeffery posted:

babyfinland posted:

BabyFin land would you hold my hand at this party
http://willlaren.tumblr.com/post/88035392063/this-performance-art-piece-took-a-weird-turn

asagigig

um so i might be more flexible than i originally thought i will tell u. but yeah r u serious pm me

babyfinland posted:

gwarp posted:

what is ur situation in this, this is not good for u

a lot of schools will offering tutoring to their students for free, and the students that work for them are offered usually in the range of $10 an hour (sometimes as a condition of work-study). basically targeting college intro classes at major universities isn't really worth it imo (still put your information out there), large competition from both the institution and freelance students. community colleges usually don't offer as much academic support to students and there's no grad students there that are capable of tutoring, so it can be worth it. standardized test prep is the way to go i think, but not something i've done.

standardized test prep is the way to go. Hi i am the kid who got tutored.
*rups open shirt and the shirt says CLASS ENEMY and i ride away trailing mustache wax*
Oh yeah well im gonna go live with Donald. in florida lol.
wicker park so i can visit you when i visit other people without having to repark
or meet me in st louis and i'll show you a really shitty time. pew pew
what are you doing in chicago.

pilsen isnt hard to get to from anywhere. but it is secluded culturally from "chicago"

i live in humboldt. im moving to bridgeport
pilsen and bridgeport are the best chicago neighborhoods.

humboldt is a cesspit of white yuppies, public housing blacks, and proud borinquens

logan square is ok.. if ur a white mom
you should move to east garfield park
like tuscany, there's nowhere to claim. it's all booked up