[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

daddyholes posted:

daddyholes posted:

list iterate in HTML script, lets say 20 seconds on setTimeout to dance around the search block, around 360 pages so thats what, 2 hours to capture all of it? theoretically speaking *thunder claps over ifap*

folks i was just joking about this. potentially up to 2 people have anonymously sent me download links to 1500+ page PDFs or gigantic multi-gig MAFFs or somehting in the last hour. please stop

some have apparently t aken this as a call for escalation. as much as i appreciate the innovation of the sleekly portable 8.83 MB Web-optimized "text-only omnibus" version, the "chrono-navigable" table of contents by search page URL, the Tableau formatted transparent overlay blog friendly video diary of every youtube permalink, and the animated time-lapse "Sam Kriss tour atlas" GIF/SWF autocreated by referencing his elaborately self reported movements through the Google Earth api, i have to ask first if you really think anyone is impressed that it's in semi-chronological order since it's like that in the search in the first place, and second, that for the love of G-d you please apply your talents to a competing Value of girlfriend equation instead of trying to take down the next matthjis krul. also: don't use my work email for anything like that again, ever. consider this the final warning.

don't despair, tpaine! i believe the moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends towards justice. and if this is true, then surely communism will win. eventually. who knows when or how. but i believe message boards and communities like the rhizzone do a lot to help advance humans in that direction, even if they can be weird or dumb sometimes
thank you for the explanation of what rhizzone is.
i havent read a book in years and i sure as hell dont bother providing sources or evidence for my arguments. im Punk as F`g
mods change tpaines name to Guattari Hirohito
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i didn't want to have to come back on here this morning but this:

is not something i'm going to accept anymore. send me any more attachments like this and i'm going to not only block you but seek a ban with the full force of the bylaws. you know i have the connections to back it up, don't test me.
e: fuck,, okay, false alarm. turns out this was a pretty good photoshop of an existing image the stinkatrator in question found on the World Wide Web. the original can be found below for anyone who wants to see it ( TRIGGER WARNING):

Spoiler!

http://www.rhizomes.net/issue5/poke/pokemon.html

tpaine posted:

What I'm trying to get at here in this twilight hour is this: I'm garbage, I deserve to die, but at least I fucking have a grip on the truth of things and am willing to admit it. the rest of you little cuntlings need to examine your own lives and what it means to be punk. because the clock is running out .

thanks discount Doug Stanhope

but yeah AynRandCap you literally described what I did to find the rhizzone and I essentially agree with your point that safe spaces (lol sort of) like this are net helpful in building left consciousness

that depends how you define 'left' and also 'consciousness'
well how would you? If you're gonna scare quote define the counter m8.

(You're one of the best posters btw)
I never posted in old LF so I missed the Great Migration to WDDP and postplace. Is it really full of diaper people?
wddp certainly was, don't know if the place is still around though

tpaine posted:

this is a forum for philosophy hipsters, but not even philosophy hipsters, for psuedo-philosophy hipsters. i'm so drunk i can't even find the keys to type, but here i am pegging you nuttros to the wall. i made up that word, and deliberated whether there should be one t or two and i decided on two ts and backspace erased everything back to the original word to fix it because i'm drunk. that's who i am, but i still got you pegged. ha HA! but i don't know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs

actually im smart but nobody likes my opinions because they're trolls.

tpaine posted:

my evidence is any thread here, basically. watch people here either a) retreat to sources, i.e. try to have some other person argue for them, or b) retreat to ad hominems, oh shit, i used a fallacy word. no one here can actually argue anything on their own two feet, it's all either HERE ARE SOURCES TO DO MY WORK FOR ME I DIDNT READ THEM AND NEITHER WILL YOU or OH YOU THINK YOURE CORRECT? YOURE OBVIOUSLY ONE OF MANY BAD THINGS OR MAYBE FAT. WHICH I'M NOT

Alright, listenup, chuckletits, I'm getting real sick of your BS here. This is your final warning: Either cite your sources or meet the pain train. That's right, bucko, a one way ticket to the pwn-zone, population—You. Synthesize on that, Dr Poo tardass rider.

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Mods?

yes?

[account deactivated]

TheIneff posted:

well how would you? If you're gonna scare quote define the counter m8.

(You're one of the best posters btw)

'one of' ...

well i think you were implying that a forum like this, being a sort of cliquey ghetto, can have little impact. but that's only true if you think of 'the left' in terms of that broader mass of people hardly any of whom will ever know this place exists. in fact, we may only be a tiny subset of that greater left, but by having a place where we are able to share and discuss material we find interesting (and for me this is practically the only place i have such discussions outside of one-on-one conversations), perhaps we are each of us better able to develop our understanding of things. which is what i would mean by 'consciousness', i.e., not some ethereal fedora'd 'enlightenment', nor a narrow adoption of some particular philosophical stance, but an ongoing process of critical engagement. i find myself unable to cling desperately to cynicism about this because, unlike tpaine, i am no longer 12.

I didn't realize my framing was so clumsy but all of the above is what I meant to refer to when I spoke on "building left consciousness". Threads like "what orgs to join lol" or whatever are specific things that I can cite in terms of actively engaging in prop to get this community, or at least open enough elements, out and "conscious" in the deliberate Marxian sense of agitating towards communism i.e. Get Out Of Your Room Sometimes. That's what I meant by this place being a net positive.
if all you are doing on the left is this forum youre fucked, ban uourself
uh i mean, there are many opportunities to ease your restless spirit and achieve the warm glow of the righteous by contributing to efforts around you in your community. if you feel you can't apply yourself where you live, consider moving. if you have nothing to defend, nothing to be proud of, your politics will eat into you like acid, but if you can see the work you've done with your own hands and show it to others both it and they will strengthen you in all of your life.
much like my posts.

TheIneff posted:

That's what I meant by this place being a net positive.

hahah see when you said 'net helpful' i read it as 'not helpful'

[account deactivated]
in memoriam, please change tpaine's name to GetDownWithTheSicknessUntoDeath
oh, don't mind all that 'garbage deserving of death' talk. you guys are all right in my book

tpaine posted:

Petrol posted:

i find myself unable to cling desperately to cynicism about this because, unlike tpaine, i am no longer 12.

i'm 43 years old and my wife died

high five

[account deactivated]
this forum very nice. i like