getfiscal posted:

ontario's last municipal election

¿Que? Municipal elections in Ontario are concurrent?

LandBeluga posted:

getfiscal posted:

¿que?

as in, the province-wide election for individual municipal governments, of which i voted in an election where the mayor or whatever was elected by like a few dozen people lol

getfiscal posted:

in ontario's last municipal election i voted for someone my father said was a good guy and i never looked into anything else about him.

i voted for ron paul in the primaries

getfiscal posted:

LandBeluga posted:

getfiscal posted:

¿que?

as in, the province-wide election for individual municipal governments, of which i voted in an election where the mayor or whatever was elected by like a few dozen people lol

ya participation is in the low teens, like twelve percent here. it rules. I get an actual appreciable hours-long rush from voting whereas in presidential elections or even primaries the high is much sharper and ends a lot quicker.

my favourite vote was when there was a by-election going on in my district but it was about to be cancelled by a snap general election due to the government falling on a confidence vote, so there was this weird gap where they knew all the votes were going to be thrown out but they still had to have the ballot station open anyway, so i voted that day and then my vote was thrown out. pretty metal.
[account deactivated]
i ordered pizza off just-eat last saturday (champions league final night), it has a good selection and you're sure to find what youre looking for

im staying in a hotel in stratford atm and its a total dive haha, what the fuck happened in the 5 years since i was here last, why wont that helicopter stop hovering there and just go away, why is london such a ballardian nightmare, wheres the nearest mcdonalds

cleanhands posted:

im staying in a hotel in stratford atm and its a total dive haha, what the fuck happened in the 5 years since i was here last, why wont that helicopter stop hovering there and just go away, why is london such a ballardian nightmare, wheres the nearest mcdonalds

Stratford's the same as it's ever been. The silverlink's been swapped for a load of new train lines and the Olympic site is there but nothing is going to change Stratford. You'll still get stabbed in Maryland on a tuesday lunchtime.

cleanhands posted:

i ordered pizza off just-eat last saturday (champions league final night), it has a good selection and you're sure to find what youre looking for

doesn't the olympic village have the world's biggest Mickey D's or something now?

no they opened the biggest ever in seattle once they got word tom had moved back to town

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

no they opened the biggest ever in seattle once they got word tom had moved back to town

its a flattering gesture but it really doesnt make a lot of sense. why have such a large mcdonalds when they really just need to organize a small team to operate on-call. but try telling that to corporate...

babyfinland posted:

its a flattering gesture but it really doesnt make a lot of sense. why have such a large mcdonalds when they really just need to organize a small team to operate on-call. but try telling that to corporate...

Its like a water main - if its diameter is too small you have to run water through it faster. But as the water speeds up it exerts less pressure on the walls of the pipe, and the pipe can collapse because of this.

swampman posted:

babyfinland posted:

Its like a water main - if its diameter is too small you have to run water through it faster. But as the water speeds up it exerts less pressure on the walls of the pipe, and the pipe can collapse because of this.

thanks for the Fluid Dynamics flashbacks, bernoulli

[account deactivated]