Julius II (1503-1513)

Il Papa Terribile, Il Papa Guerriero

reconciled the orsini and colonna families, purged french borgia influence, recentered papal politics to rome, and set about to unify italy free of french and spanish domination. also a great patron of the arts, julius commissioned michaelangelo to paint the sistine chapel's ceiling.
[account deactivated]

leo xiii, 1810-1903, reigned 1878-1903
condemned the heresy of americanism (the american clergy's acceptance of separation of church and state, i.e. creeping protestantism) in an encyclical, gave the ok to Marianism
alternatively pope joan, the patron saint of wddp
what sort of asshole makes someone paint a ceiling. how many people you know put posters on their ceiling. no one. because it's a dumb ass place to put art. so no i haven't looked at the ceiling, probably sucks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bawden

getfiscal posted:
what sort of asshole makes someone paint a ceiling. how many people you know put posters on their ceiling. no one. because it's a dumb ass place to put art. so no i haven't looked at the ceiling, probably sucks.

it's actually a pretty breathtaking ceiling. All the dude's are super ripped, muscly and shirtless and our plummy english tour guide said it's because Michaelangelo was a fllaaaaaaming homosexual, so there you go.

It's pretty funny, they tell people to be quiet because sound damages the ceiling, but a crescendo of murmuring tourists rises and rises and every 5 minutes they have an employee literally shush everyone like a library.

maybe i'll go to italy when the austerity wars hit the white homeland

check out busta ceiling
[account deactivated]
Urban II, who graciously encouraged Europeans to bring the light of Civilization to the barbarian occupiers & desecrators of the Holy Land.
do they still enforce appropriate attire at the vatican museums

tpaine posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

getfiscal posted:

it's actually a pretty breathtaking ceiling. All the dude's are super ripped, muscly and shirtless and our plummy english tour guide said it's because Michaelangelo was a fllaaaaaaming homosexual, so there you go.

It's pretty funny, they tell people to be quiet because sound damages the ceiling, but a crescendo of murmuring tourists rises and rises and every 5 minutes they have an employee literally shush everyone like a library.

HEY WHERES THE ANDRE THE GIANT PAINTIN. THATS WHAT I CAME TO SEE, NOT THIS GAY SHIt

well, both carry the message of "obey"....

Groulxsmith posted:
do they still enforce appropriate attire at the vatican museums

I’m not sure how enforced it is but they don’t like shorts and girls with tanktops and cleavage will probably get admonished. I think it really depends on the mood/weather/sexual neuroses of the security guards.

pope_robot3464
[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:
Julius II (1503-1513)

Il Papa Terribile, Il Papa Guerriero

reconciled the orsini and colonna families, purged french borgia influence, recentered papal politics to rome, and set about to unify italy free of french and spanish domination. also a great patron of the arts, julius commissioned michaelangelo to paint the sistine chapel's ceiling.

this was mine. good taste, bf

barring that, david icke
hell yeah julius
my favourite pope:

he has a plan.
i like john paul the first because he was murdered by the illuminati and international bankers
which one killed the most protestants
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Clement_VII

Not for commissioning the Sistine Chapel ceiling, but for this:

"Towards the end of his life, Clement VII once more gave indications of a leaning towards a French alliance, which was averted by his death in September 1534 in Rome after consuming the death cap mushroom. He was buried in Santa Maria sopra Minerva."
what a noob

Pope John XII

life was such that the Lateran was spoken of as a brothel

Sounds like a real fuckin party. Also one of few MurderedPopes

commodiusvicus posted:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Clement_VIINot for commissioning the Sistine Chapel ceiling, but for this:

"Towards the end of his life, Clement VII once more gave indications of a leaning towards a French alliance, which was averted by his death in September 1534 in Rome after consuming the death cap mushroom. He was buried in Santa Maria sopra Minerva."

clement switch sides more times than ellen degeneres

democratic centralism is basically a plagiarism of the doctrine of papal infallibility

Groulxsmith posted:
democratic centralism is basically a plagiarism of the doctrine of papal infallibility

communism is jews realizing that the papacy thing is kind of cool

Pope Rapetimus Prime V
[account deactivated]
my wife got thrown out of the Vatican for being dressed too sluttily lol
organized religion is a pale substitute for the indefinable ecstasy of having a really huge satisying shit. Tom knows

littlegreenpills posted:

so what was she wearing

a knee length skirt and tank top

littlegreenpills posted:

what kind of guys does she like

ones who buy her husband a kobo
i got one. they own so much.
i know right. do you think id pimp out my wife for just any old ersatz canadian kindle knockoff?
that reminds me there should be a pithy neologism to describe weird canadian knockoffs of us products. i suggest "fursatz" because, you know, beavers

littlegreenpills posted:
that reminds me there should be a pithy neologism to describe weird canadian knockoffs of us products. i suggest "fursatz" because, you know, beavers

i suggest "mulroney", after both the canadian idol host and his father.

like, did you check out that totally mulroney poster peggy nash is using for her leadership run?

int. peggy nash campaign hq. la dirigeuse flicks thru a collection of color swatches. "hmmm. gotta have the party colors. what goes with a nice ndp orange. oooh how about a bilious green, just in case anyone wasnt already associating my face with gastroenteritis"