Chthonic_Goat_666 posted:

wholesome meme i whipped up. it was funnier in my head... .

Maoism-Unruheism

iirc deadken wrote a good thing once about how orwell inoculates people against recognizing or understanding real totalitarianism by presenting them with an exaggerated totalitarian fantasy that could never actually exist.

i think i'd add that this also primes them to believe fantastic propaganda which would never hold up to real scrutiny, leveraging their imaginary concept of a radically evil state against the west's designated Bad Country du jour (NK, Cuba, Venezuela, Soviet Union...)

like Condom Pizza is something no sane person should ever take seriously, but if the entire extent of your political imagination about unfamiliar state structures is a 1984 infinite conspiracy that spends inordinate resources bending over backwards just to make you, yes you, as miserable as possible, then it doesn't seem like a stretch

Edited by shriekingviolet ()

[account deactivated]
percentage of wealth owned by Europe’s top 10 percent over the past 700 years

We Need A New Black Death

shriekingviolet posted:

iirc deadken wrote a good thing once about how orwell inoculates people against recognizing or understanding real totalitarianism by presenting them with an exaggerated totalitarian fantasy that could never actually exist.

You do recall correctly, I went and read the thing and it was indeed good:

https://samkriss.com/2013/01/28/forget-orwell/

uhhh Sam Kriss jihad Sam Kriss state department cheese pizza

am I doing this right?

look we might be hard on sam around here but accusations that he prefers plain cheese pizza? even we shouldn't sink to such a low.

so brave of Hillary to be a former tennant at a building near another building
hillary is light itself, a goddess, and her radiant presence lingers in order to bestow secret blessings on even the most reluctant supplicants
lifestyle questions are sub-reformist but i still have to wonder what the hell is up with people looking all black bloc- / demsoc-lifestyler in their profile pictures who have apparently been using union-smashing ride services in yellow taxi markets the whole time up until now
Not even once, that's my motto.
Lyft has also demonstrated to exploitative companies exactly what they need to do to profit from an atmosphere of growing but undirected unrest against a right-wing government: pledge a bunch of money to a 501(c)(3)/(4) affiliate fighting on an issue that happens to benefit them such as the immigration status of many of their drivers in major markets
dweebs on twitter are all talking about switching from Uber to Lyft as if they aren't identical companies but for the color and the name.

whoever was on the night watch at Lyft and came up with this million dollar donation to the ACLU idea is a fucking snake. idk if it was the execs who first came up with it or what but they just nabbed a bunch of market share for chump change under the guise of charity. they are probably getting backslaps right now and it makes me fucking sick.
probably a late-night text from top-flight Lyft investor Peter Thiel
yeah the lyft business model is literally just as repellent as uber's, but the one thing they have going for them is that the ceo isn't as transparently repellent as a human being which has also basically been their marketing campaign the past year
the Koch brothers also came out against the executive orders because of course they and most of their co-ALEC backers want control over skilled workers from the third world to devolve to private sector bosses so they can hold the threat of deportation over their heads, countdown to liberals telling me "I never thought I'd support the Kochs!" begins now
Lyft drivers make a bit more money iirc
lyft drivers have all around a better deal than uber drivers when it comes to working for a union-smashing, worker-exploiting company funded by beige-ist Cali technocrats. other people who have a better deal over their counterparts: wage slaves over chattel slaves
lyft drivers def use collective bargaining in Seattle, which is 1000% better than what uber drivers have (a mostly-unpaid-for hybrid)
i think you'll find that uber's plan to automate all cars is actually a big step towards a FALC utopia. capitalism will automate itself out of existence. buy my book, printed in a two-worker factory on pages made from wood harvested by the ClearCutotron 5000.
Get your side hustle on with Uber!!!
*starts shucking and jiving in the most minstrel show way ever*

pukekiller posted:

Get your side hustle on with Uber!!!
*starts shucking and jiving in the most minstrel show way ever*

Do you like going out to restaurants? What if I told you that you could make money by going out to this restaurant for nine hours a day four days a week?
Uber's also a hell of a lot closer to supporting Whabbist violence then anyone getting turned away at the airports is. Big boy Saudi Fund investment.

Edited by pukekiller ()

camera_obscura posted:

lyft drivers def use collective bargaining in Seattle, which is 1000% better than what uber drivers have (a mostly-unpaid-for hybrid)

against which both Lyft and Uber fought tooth and nail

HenryKrinkle posted:

what he doesn't tell you is that if you email him, you've already been hacked with up to one hundred trojans.

Edited by cemetery ()

HenryKrinkle posted:

Shubelmorgan is my wife.

as we resist within the settler-occupied territory of Amerikkka we must understand suppressed facts about displaced native cultures

which Trots did this

ATTENBOROUGH: today, we will meet the VICE writer. while unquestionably a liberal n00b, even he proves able to describe Trot demo philosophy in a few succinct vocalizations
look what i bumped into while digging for the pic in the ketamine thread

those were the days, my friends
[account deactivated]
it's the only fully loaded citrus soda... with carbos