discipline posted:

Goatstein what do you think about eugenics

opposed in practice

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

Petrol posted:

saying that the CIA never does anything is not the same thing as disputing claims without evidence that it is an omnipotence that perpetrates nonsensical, ridiculously circuitous and seemingly counterproductive acts mostly to mess with us

well, since we're on the topic. id be the first to admit that a lot of us here In The Zzone are quick to point the finger at the CIA about all kinds of stuff, to the point where it can be funny to say stuff like, "oh your favorite anime got cancelled? must have been, the CIA!!! haha". but, having said that, i am curious now, to know what if anything, you think the CIA actually does. if you could give an example or two, that would be great. tia.

the cia engages in covert foreign intelligence ops, assassinations, coups, etc. what it doesn't do is intentionally leak damaging information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

Le wikipedia owned.

ilmdge posted:

dm do you still read a bunch of economics stuff?

no, i don't read all that much anymore and when i do it's usually psychology/anthropology/sociology oriented stuff. closest thing i have been reading is Graeber's new book on bureaucracy but i accidentally left it in my car that got hit pretty bad while it was parked in front of a friend's house so i won't have it back for a few weeks!

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

Goatstein what do you think about eugenics

opposed in practice

tell that to nemtsov

[account deactivated]

Crow posted:

Petrol posted:

saying that the CIA never does anything is not the same thing as disputing claims without evidence that it is an omnipotence that perpetrates nonsensical, ridiculously circuitous and seemingly counterproductive acts mostly to mess with us

well, since we're on the topic. id be the first to admit that a lot of us here In The Zzone are quick to point the finger at the CIA about all kinds of stuff, to the point where it can be funny to say stuff like, "oh your favorite anime got cancelled? must have been, the CIA!!! haha". but, having said that, i am curious now, to know what if anything, you think the CIA actually does. if you could give an example or two, that would be great. tia.

the cia engages in covert foreign intelligence ops, assassinations, coups, etc. what it doesn't do is intentionally leak damaging information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

Le wikipedia owned.

PRESIDENT: You think, you think we want to, want to go this route now? And the--let it hang out, so to speak?
DEAN: Well, it's, it isn't really that--

HALDEMAN: It's a limited hang out.

DEAN: It's a limited hang out.

EHRLICHMAN: It's a modified limited hang out.

is this a tpaine seinfeld edit?!

[account deactivated]
Hey I can find one example of something vaguely similar to what we're talking about so my unsubstantiated theories are thus accurate. I'm watching Ancient Aliens on Syfy
tell that to nemtsov
Prime Minister John Key says he would not resign if it is proved that the GCSB carries out mass collection of New Zealanders' communications.
Mr Key has always insisted he would quit if it was proved that New Zealanders were subject to mass surveillance.
He insists the GCSB has told him that it is not capable of doing mass surveillance and is not legally allowed to do it.
Late last week former GCSB boss Sir Bruce Ferguson told Radio New Zealand that there was mass collection of New Zealanders' data as part of spying operations in the Pacific.
Sir Bruce also maintained however that it was legal as it was collected inadvertently and that the information on Kiwis was not used.
When asked today about whether there was a difference between the terms "collection" and "surveillance", Mr Key responded by saying he was "sure the lawyers would tell you there is a difference".
When pressed further, he refused to comment, saying he wasn't going to go into the GCSB's operational details.
dp

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

Look at these master plotting geniuses :byodood:
why the fuck wouldn't a government conduct massive surveillance on its populace
because the populace surveills itself
because you surveill yourself at night

Hey I can find one example of something vaguely similar to what we're talking about so my unsubstantiated theories are thus accurate. I'm watching Ancient Aliens on Syfy

You got owned

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

congratulations everyone, faily planet and DYTD have more traffic than LF prime, and the hot threads list has posts with ratings in the single digits. we have killed the forum, with our bad posting.
[account deactivated]
mods please add :byodood:

chickeon posted:

10,000 dead cats

10,000 dead cats is my favourite alfwave band.

A prison on Twitter doesn't like communism. Let me spell it out for you: C I ayy lmao

A prison on Twitter doesn't like communism.

catchphrase

jews did 9/11. the evidence? jews did a bad thing in the past, and could have benefited from doing 9/11. stop this denialism
Am Oron, Whom doesnt understand social media, At your service. The CIA did nothing wrong
An interesting point, for the office clown to say, at the circus that is casual Friday at CIA headquarters
the Millennial emphasis on identity politics rather than anti-capitalism is likely the result of the successful culmination of a variety of government and corporate sociological projects and propaganda. now in late capitalism the privileged can sit around and obsess over court manners and feel superior while the unwashed masses around them live in squalor but probably deserve it for lacking appropriate appreciation for liberal intersectionalism. the aesthetics of feudalism rise again, first as tragedy then as farce.
if so many people are buttmad about capitalism and hand wring over its co-optation of the identity politics-based radicalism how come it continues. are there a bunch of people out there saying "capitalism is great we just need to clear white privilege from the entrepreneurial universe". i'm not friends with any of them on my social medias. where are they hiding hmmm. the Fermi paradox for the new flat Earth
buttmad is a great word. the word "butt" is that of a child, it forms a childishly impotent attempt at scatological abuse, it evokes a toddler with a shit-filled nappy having a fit in the Costco. i dont care where it came from or who else uses it.