Schreiber's original 7.5/10 review of a reissue of The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds, which criticized the album for being dated and passe compared to more modern albums like OK Computer, was later removed.

lmao that sounds like peak pitchfork. btyw i like pitchfork and check it compulsively whenever i find an album i like to see what they thought of it.

ilmdge posted:

pitchfork is shitty and dumb

long story short

The central tenet of Rowling’s piece was that art is effective at promoting cross-cultural understanding; perhaps she’s seen this picture of an Israeli soldier resting with a copy of The Prisoner of Azkaban. Rowling cited Palestinian poet Mahmoud Darwish’s work as an example of art that “civilises, challenges, and reminds us of our common humanity.”

This letter apparently wasn’t enough to satisfy Rowling’s readers, however. Some of them even told her that they thought of Israelis like Voldemort and the Death Eaters, which prompted the Harry Potter author to respond again. Her second TwitLonger piece, titled “Why Dumbledore went to the hilltop,” further expands her position via a small moment in The Deathly Hallows. In a flashback, Harry and his friends watch Albus Dumbledore meet Severus Snape on a windy hilltop, even though Snape was still a dangerous enemy at that time. Rowling explains his reasoning in support of her boycott opposition.

“Dumbledore is an academic and he believes that certain channels of communication should always remain open,” Rowling writes. “It was true in the Potter books and it is true in life that talking will not change willfully closed minds. However, the course of my fictional war was forever changed when Snape chose to abandon the course on which he was set, and Dumbledore helped him do it.”
likewise, Reagan and Thatcher's attempts to keep channels of communication open with South Africa were instrumental in helping the nation abolish apartheid
[account deactivated]