in the event of a people's revolutionary force demolishing bourgeois spectacle democracy, I would miss one thing, and that would be watching Gilles Duceppe sass everyone. but he's been off his game for a while now anyways

drwhat posted:

i'm voting in Laurier-Sainte-Marie

i lived in that riding for a year or so in 2013. i've heard the bloc is going full anti-muslim this time though which is sad.

The Hohxaists have come up with a catchy campaign slogan: Occupy the Space for Change

From their website,

What It Means to Occupy the Space for Change

In this election the word change is heard often. Canadians from one end of the country to the other say they want change. The slogan of the NDP is, It's Time for Change. The Liberal Party says it is for Real Change. Another party (They can't bring themselves to the name the Communist Party of Canada, those revisionist traitors) says it is for Fundamental Change. For its part, the MLPC calls on the working people to Occupy the Space for Change. Only Harper's party wants nothing to do with change, especially not a change of government!

looking forward to all future elections where all slogans are just increasingly long sentences that end with Change
Reclaim the Topos of Metamorphosis
wish the mlpc had lawn signs for me to put up

RBC posted:

i'm pretty sure they do. or you can get a banner that says "our future lies in the defence of the rights of all" or whatever.

RBC posted:

rip, angry tom, your liberal pandering was outmaneuvered by the liberals (you should have seen that coming from their name, probably) and no one in quebec cares about you unless you can defeat harper and niqabs, and now you will languish in obscurity as the media crows over your warm corpse. rip.

i'd like to also take this time to congratulate all the candidates on their work in the theatrical presentation of Choice: Well, There's Only One Really.

Soviet_Salami posted:

The Hohxaists have come up with a catchy campaign slogan: Occupy the Space for Change

occupy is so hot right now

the ML party would do so much better if they said straightforward that they want an electoral system like cuba's instead of saying "no election without selection - fund the process not the parties".
when i got off the subway in rosedale this morning there were a bunch of liberal party people set up outside the station. as i walked by, a middle aged dude came up to them to shake their hands and was like "i need to thank you all for doing such important work! justin was amazing in the debate last night!!! etc". this was a grown-ass man who was positively psyched about the liberal party of canada, inspired by the words of justin trudeau. how do these people exist? it's been so long since i finished university and i have so little day to day contact with earnest bourgeois liberals that i had kind of forgotten that they do live in the flesh and walk amongst us
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

IM TRAPPED IN MY OWN FLESH

same

has anyone told this tom dude yet that Inevitable Struggle Has Broken Out

solzhesnitchin posted:

when i got off the subway in rosedale this morning there were a bunch of liberal party people set up outside the station. as i walked by, a middle aged dude came up to them to shake their hands and was like "i need to thank you all for doing such important work! justin was amazing in the debate last night!!! etc". this was a grown-ass man who was positively psyched about the liberal party of canada, inspired by the words of justin trudeau. how do these people exist? it's been so long since i finished university and i have so little day to day contact with earnest bourgeois liberals that i had kind of forgotten that they do live in the flesh and walk amongst us

it's especially weird that you forgot if you live or work in rosedale

drwhat posted:

solzhesnitchin posted:

Holy shit I bet this is a sick burn in Canada

i am actually just working there temporarily... and culturally it is very different from being around the kevin o'leary types i typically work for/near in the newer rich areas further uptown
getfiscal should i vote for the communist party candidate

Flappo posted:

BOOOOOM, eh? sorry

“If we’re going to have a domestic industry that is economically viable, we need a foreign policy pragmatic enough to support it. We just can’t sell to our closest allies. We need to broaden the market.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/union-asks-ndp-to-keep-saudi-armoured-vehicles-deal-under-wraps-fearing-significant-job-losses

Hands Off ISIS!

good ol union

Neon_Night_Rider posted:

getfiscal should i vote for the communist party candidate

sure. why not. actually seeing them in action this time made part of me wish canada had a left party. because they make so many people uncomfortable. at the debates they are allowed into they can put on a show because the NDP will be like oh we of course we critical support the saintliness of israel's policy of blowing up infants and the communist can be like israel is an apartheid state folks. which i guess is what they've found with quebec solidaire too, that just having someone there who doesn't say horrific things is comforting.

Flappo posted:

drwhat posted:

solzhesnitchin posted:

lol

What's actually wrong with the cpc? I know a couple of them on Twitter and they seem alright
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
some are on ciabook, the ones i know seem fine. ive heard other people call them young but some of the ones involved in specific campaigns are doing great work
the only thing that i have ever been down with is the sickness, and that's only a memory because i don't get up much anymore
So which is the Rhizzone-approved Canadian Communist party anyway? The original or the M-L Maoist new age one?
I see RCP-PCR graffiti on the way to work everyday, nice MAO next to the ol' hammer and sickle, or a decent EAT THE RICH right on atwater.
mlcp is the one to vote for. the cpc is a watered down revisionist party

stegosaurus posted:

What's actually wrong with the cpc? I know a couple of them on Twitter and they seem alright

well historically they were just straightforwardly pro-soviet and very close to the CPUSA's position on most things. the main difference is that they still run a small number of independent candidates rather than submerging into the NDP. but in quebec they liquidated into quebec solidaire basically. in recent years they have made some criticisms of CPUSA but they are still officially linked through international forums. they have a few very strong members but a lot of them are just sort of joining because it's the historical pro-soviet party rather than positions (like CPUSA). they have gone whole hog pro-KKE though while a lot of european Communist parties are critical of them (I think Syriza is still the official greek member of the european left party with PCF and such.)

the MLPC is basically the nicest cult. they were hoxhaist until that unravelled and their weird leader said "we are our own models". then he went to cuba and was like alright yeah we should support this, and decided to support north korea too so now there is a lot of praise of korea. but if you read their documents it is all in bizarre coded language which was developed by their deceased leader (his wife took over when he died many years ago). like they buy big banners that use awkward language and it's weird. i know one of their candidates and he is super nice and smart though.

the cpc seems ok to me. i went to one of their talks a couple years ago. the topic was something like "what can we learn from the success of the quebec student protests". the speakers were the leader of the ontario cpc and iirc the leader of the montreal ycl. they were both really good.

well on like 90% of issues all the little left groups overlap. it's just on that 10% they will be wacky and disturbing in creative ways.
Flip those percentages and you have the rhizzone

stegosaurus posted:

Flip those percentages and you have the rhizzone

New Cadre Membership Questionnaire (SECRET!)

1. Is it possible to corner Christopher Dorner? Yes / No

(Looks over clipboard.)

You answered No, which is the correct answer. Welcome aboard!

donald u know youre not suppose to post any excerpts of that outside the secret pdf forum, come on

getfiscal posted:

this is justin trudeau for people that don't know. this is a real press conference btw.

Prime Minister Trudeau

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/10/10/liberals-within-reach-of-majority-poll.html

The URL is more optimistic than the article.

We all deserve to die.