my posts are disappearin'!

Edited by cars ()

i dont usually listen to rap, but have you guys heard of this guy kendrick lamar? he seems pretty good and i dont feel too uncomfortable listening to him as a white person. also, kanye west? anyone?
hello and welcome to 2008-era lassez's faire on somethingawful.com. here are some dead prez youtubes,
first rage against the machine album has some cool themes
* Rage

* Machines

acephalousuniverse posted:

It's pretty common for Marxists to have an autistic and inhuman relationship to art because people who dedicate their every thought to politics with everything else as "background noise" as that guy said are in fact crippled half-people with a severed connection to their own desires and experience.

self loathing will continued to be tolerated on this forum but projection is now banned thank you.

It's pretty common for Marxists to have an autistic and inhuman relationship to art because people who dedicate their every thought to politics with everything else as "background noise" as that guy said are in fact crippled half-people with a severed connection to their own desires and experience.

this is true but it's also, as jools used to sayy, "fine"

blinkandwheeze posted:

i don't really know what your point is

same

You have an autistic and inhuman relationship to making bad posts.

blinkandwheeze posted:

getfiscal posted:

blinkandwheeze posted:

"cultural works are not inherently more valuable because of their intended political message" is a contrarian opinion?

this might be your most anti-maoist position.... and i like it.

Actually,

Works of art which lack artistic quality have no force, however progressive they are politically. Therefore, we oppose both the tendency to produce works of art with a wrong political viewpoint and the tendency towards the "poster and slogan style" which is correct in political viewpoint but lacking in artistic power. On questions of literature and art we must carry on a struggle on two fronts.

art exhibit in Chicago (note Molly Crabapple original)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVMByBIYWHg

a
l
l
a
r
t
i
s
b
a
d
in certain periods of my life I've retreated entirely into the world of books, movies, and music. it's one of the only viable options in crumbum america
this is a quote from abstract impressionist painter Agnes Martin; probably an overcorrection and not Marxist but it makes me laugh:

It is not in the role of an artist to worry about life – to feel responsible for creating a better world. This is a very serious distraction. All your conditioning has been directed toward intellectual living. This is useless in artwork. All human knowledge is useless in artwork. Concepts, relationships, categories, classifications, deductions are distractions of mind that we wish to hold free for inspiration.

Can you defeat the sweet beats of the People's Liberation Army?

The mind is always focused on the mission
The eyes are always on the enemy
Responsibility forever resting on one's shoulders
Passion always in one's heart
War can break out at any time
You lot ought to prepare well!

then the guy starts the cringe worthy chinese rapping

hot sun and the moon light
Let me remember this battle cry
Watch my iron hardened brothers arrive
etc etc go learn chinese yourself

edit: when the plane blows up it goes, are you afraid? no! afraid? no! Just waiting for the order... kill kill kill lol

no idea who they are supposed to be blowing up/shooting

Edited by Lykourgos ()

its you
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
bDGd3kLVOR4&start;=17
tpaine
i....i regret making this thread...i regret posting in this thread...
While yeah strolling into a commie forum in tyyol 2016 and saying hey have you heard of this thing called immortal technique its the only important music there is probably could have been done better, don't take shitposts personally and never regret posting.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
So what's the consensus re political music? I like rap and i like communism and I like communist rap but apparently this is a big joke... could the cool kids at least explain why?

Starting to see how tpain got the way he did
There can't be a consensus on art. Enjoy whatever you like.

xipe posted:

So what's the consensus re political music? I like rap and i like communism and I like communist rap but apparently this is a big joke... could the cool kids at least explain why?

OP mostly bumped a bunch of backpack crap from 15 years ago that has not aged well. If you want to wrestle with if killer mike is bad because he says the fag-word or good because he calls obama a piece of shit!! thats up to you.

xipe posted:

listen to whatever the fuck you want and ignore tpaine when he's hopped up on lite beer and bath salts and screaming about dad rock and masaokis videos being the highest and only form of artistic expression. sometimes i like communist rap and sometimes i like EDM instead and thats ok.

if you cant filter out and move on past spastic criticism of a thing you like and believe then i feel you're probably gonna have a challenging time with this whole communism thing in general

Baby Finland once said that politics is for perverts and losers, and he's usually right, so just keep fit and have fun.
Q736XVMTyIg

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()

[account deactivated]

blinkandwheeze posted:

getfiscal posted:

blinkandwheeze posted:

"cultural works are not inherently more valuable because of their intended political message" is a contrarian opinion?

this might be your most anti-maoist position.... and i like it.

Actually,

Works of art which lack artistic quality have no force, however progressive they are politically. Therefore, we oppose both the tendency to produce works of art with a wrong political viewpoint and the tendency towards the "poster and slogan style" which is correct in political viewpoint but lacking in artistic power. On questions of literature and art we must carry on a struggle on two fronts.

anti-oedipus has a useful perspective wrt aesthetics in this sense when they distinguish between preconscious investments of desire versus unconscious, pointing out why someone like crowd favorite mishima can have a reactionary preconscious investment of desires (nationalist/aristocratic etc.) while having a revolutionary unconscious investment of desire (thoroughly against power structures as they actually exist).
if scarface and kool g rap are reactionaries in their expression theres a similiar reason why the political reactionaries dont want anything to do with them, and its why egyptian lover or schoolly d are more revolutionary than immortal technique or ras kass or whoever. you dont need overt political statements to realize tthat kinkades paintings are the works of a cop loving anal sadist any more than you need them to realize egyptian lover would just as soon do away with private property and capitalist exploitation

Edited by ribaraca ()