THank u.

Urbandale posted:

Bambu is an LA rapper and organizer with a solid org and his videos are great. Also he's a Maoist and talks about organizing with gang members from his community.

http://youtu.be/0pnSpUbOyLI
http://youtu.be/s8KXGapAfBI

I also recommend Killer Mike, Cheif Keef, Odessa Kane, Lupe Fiasco, Kendrick Lamar, Brother Ali, and The Coup.

I came here to rep for Bambu

Surprised you didn't link his tribute to our honorable chairman though

I also gotta mention Wasun, who is linked in my signature

blinkandwheeze posted:

getfiscal posted:

blinkandwheeze posted:

"cultural works are not inherently more valuable because of their intended political message" is a contrarian opinion?

this might be your most anti-maoist position.... and i like it.

Actually,

Works of art which lack artistic quality have no force, however progressive they are politically. Therefore, we oppose both the tendency to produce works of art with a wrong political viewpoint and the tendency towards the "poster and slogan style" which is correct in political viewpoint but lacking in artistic power. On questions of literature and art we must carry on a struggle on two fronts.

so... what I'm getting from this is you don't like hip hop and are using a Mao quote telling us to put every effort to make quality, relateable agitprop to justify your personal tastes...classy

The guy who says panda on the song panda is more marxist than you.

SparksBandung posted:

so... what I'm getting from this is you don't like hip hop

haha Blinkandwheeze, infamous on the rhizzone forums for his dislike of rap music

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

he was thinking of Me

i am also thinking of you.

[account deactivated]
7Cus2UvzlvU blink this ones for you

gyrofry posted:

most hamilton clips ive seen haven't impressed me but this one is kinda cool.

love this beat

ribaraca posted:

not only one of the best songs in recent memory but check out angela davis at 3:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8VO4Rm3ulw
best album last year imo, i think danny brown is lowkey the most revolutionary artist. my music opinions are not very esoteric sorry sorry im trying
...how could you do this to me

blinkandwheeze posted:

Marx and engels both revered the reactionary monarchist balzac over any of the didactic and polemical "social problem" novelists that shared their political sympathies. marx chastised any author that would reduce an individual to merely the spirit of their age. engels explicitly stated that "the more the opinions of the author remain hidden, the better for the work of art"

just something 2 think about before elevating an artist's expressed political opinion as a primary arbiter of value or whatever

very carefully

neckwattle posted:

very carefully

im locking this thread because its a bad old thread and is very embarrasing to me and people keep bumping it, sorry, this is an abuse of mod powers, please post your complaints here in this thread.

if you want to talk about rap music make your own thread

Edited by tears ()