the democrats have learned nothing. i don't mean the officials, because of course they haven't. i'm talking about the rank and fail shitforbrains on social media. absolutely nothing.
One time on Facebook I got accused of being a Russian troll paid by Trump because I suggested that the guys telling everyone to write letters to congress maybe weren't the spearhead of resistance they were making themselves out to be and because I have a Russian name.
"writing letters to congress" is taking the Bastille compared to what they mostly do, which is complain about russians and annoy the fuck out of me on facebook
there's been some exciting new innovations in the field of go-to-labels-you-can-give-to-people-who-are-insulting-you-in-inconvenient-ways over the last couple months. i don't even pick that many fights anymore but have still been dubbed both "a Kremlin troll account with 63 followers, retweeting Rhania Khalek, FFS" and a "typical antifa" in just the last couple weeks
it's just so close to the Secret Kenyan Muslim Agent thing they were so mad in the ass for a decade about that i still have trouble comprehending that they don't see it. to be fair though the dumbass conservatives who believed that didn't accuse all their critics of being Kenyan spies

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

people who think this is the end for the useless Third Way democrats are delusional. in 2000 they nominated boring ass Gore with goddamn Joe Lieberman. he lost, so in 2004 we had an election against a hated worthless idiot who got us into a terrible war and they nominated fucking John Kerry. he lost and the next time they tried to nominate Hillary. she lost to Obama so then they nominated her again, suppressing an actual populist. the chances that they wont put up some asinine mediocrity like Tim Kaine in 2020 is fairly nil. they'll bank on hating trump being enough. it didn't work in 2004 and it didn't work in 2016 and it wont work in 2020

to be fair though the dumbass conservatives who believed that didn't accuse all their critics of being Kenyan spies

the go-to accusation was paid soros troll. i quit twitter years ago and i'm still waiting for my cheque

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/02/hillary-clinton-trump-election-loss-russia-fbi-interference

“As Nate Silver has concluded: if the election had been on October 27, I would be your president.”

She noted that Podesta’s emails appeared on WikiLeaks less than an hour after the release of a 2005 Access Hollywood tape in which Trump bragged about sexual assault, catapulting his campaign into a downward spiral.

“What a coincidence,” Clinton said. “You just can’t make this stuff up. Did we make mistakes? Oh course we did. Did I make mistakes? Oh my gosh, yes. You’ll read my confession and my request for absolution. But the reason why I believe we lost were the intervening events in the last 10 days.”

"What a coincidence!?" -Something a democratic presidential candidate and a lady spraying water from a balloon into the sky to disperse the chemtrails says.

Funny liberal comedy

The President of Late Night

Hillary Clinton appeared at a women’s conference in New York on Tuesday, and late night could think about nothing but the presidency that might have been.

“Hillary Clinton today said she is very aware of the shortfalls of her campaign that caused her to lose the election. Specifically, Short Falls, Michigan, and Short Falls, Wisconsin.” — SETH MEYERS

For some hosts, Mrs. Clinton’s appearance threw President Trump’s tenure into stark relief.

“So she made mistakes, publicly recognized them, and owned up to her shortcomings. No wonder she lost. That’s totally unpresidential.” — STEPHEN COLBERT

“Wow. I mean, no ‘tremendouses’? No hand gestures? Not one description of chocolate cake? I didn’t realize how much I’d missed hearing sentences with a beginning, middle and end. You can really tell when Hillary’s speaking, she really knows who Frederick Douglass is.” — TREVOR NOAH

babyhueypnewton posted:

Funny liberal comedy

The President of Late Night

Hillary Clinton appeared at a women’s conference in New York on Tuesday, and late night could think about nothing but the presidency that might have been.

“Hillary Clinton today said she is very aware of the shortfalls of her campaign that caused her to lose the election. Specifically, Short Falls, Michigan, and Short Falls, Wisconsin.” — SETH MEYERS

For some hosts, Mrs. Clinton’s appearance threw President Trump’s tenure into stark relief.

“So she made mistakes, publicly recognized them, and owned up to her shortcomings. No wonder she lost. That’s totally unpresidential.” — STEPHEN COLBERT

“Wow. I mean, no ‘tremendouses’? No hand gestures? Not one description of chocolate cake? I didn’t realize how much I’d missed hearing sentences with a beginning, middle and end. You can really tell when Hillary’s speaking, she really knows who Frederick Douglass is.” — TREVOR NOAH

i'm not sure if jon stewart was ever funny or if i was just 20 and bush was president

norm mcdonald said something about how bad comedians say things to make people clap, not laugh. i think about that a lot
norm has a netflix special coming out soon, and a recent book my brother described as "brilliant" .
i met rodney dangerfield many times, got close to him as a person and a friend . i know the real story about him and here it is: he never got any respect
Trevor Noah is so insanely unfunny. Norm's book in the other hand, is good

ilmdge posted:

norm has a netflix special coming out soon, and a recent book my brother described as "brilliant" .

i almost bought that book for my brother at xmas but it turned out he already had it. everyone says it's great, except my dad who called it "demented"

My bro got the audiobook so the whole thing is in Norm Voice
i need that book.

I swear to god
I have been on the internet too long because I am at a party right now and they're talking about politics and I am not participating because my first cellular instinct to nearly 50% of anything said is to troll them unmercifully or simply respond "that is the stupidest motherfucking thing I have ever heard you piece of shit" so instead I am making my wife happy by bitching on the phone to a message board read by 40 people, thus completing the cycle

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

40? who's the other 35. haha nice.

I have been on the internet too long because I am at a party right now and they're talking about politics and I am not participating because my first cellular instinct to nearly 50% of anything said is to troll them unmercifully or simply respond "that is the stupidest motherfucking thing I have ever heard you piece of shit" so instead I am making my wife happy by bitching on the phone to a message board read by 40 people, thus completing the cycle

What.... another betrayal? You're supposed to be taking the rhetorical kung fu that we practice in this temple, out to the masses, and ending every power rant with the signoff, "rhizzone dot com", or barring that, you can be honest with everyone rip the ANTI- off your ANTIFA patch, but enopugh double agencing

I swear to god

she'll never get over not having her turn to be president after so many years of tolerating her husband interfering with teenagers