im pretty sure fape is sitbm or at least a reasonable facsimile if not
I think if there's any lesson to be drawn from the 20th Century it's that we have little to no predictive ability whatsoever
i think the lesson actually is that 'shit owns'

Impper posted:

ive just been sliding past his posts w/o reading them so that's always a good indication

animedad posted:
there's a potentially massive reterritorialization when you get into the business of suggesting a "remedy" though, these are the same universals that capital pushes. you cant blame people for questioning the motives of everyone involved or outright resisting this when scientific data is used to expediate global change, it's unprecedented.

“action on climate change” is code for merchant banks being able to find a new avenue to loot the treasury, and in a broader sense it’s also about the liberal bourgeois shoring up their position in our changing world by providing a reason to strip living standards and access to energy/material goods from the proletariat.

Impper posted:

who is that

yea ur def. sitbm lol
yea, what an incriminating question i asked. how could you not find me guilty, after i asked, "who is that". its like, basically a confession
*scene pans upon a court of law.*
Prosecutor: Your honor, may I present a piece of evidence to the defendant?
Judge: You may.
Prosecutor: Defendant, do you know who this is? are you this guy? *flashes a picture of a man holding a bloody knife behind the corpse of a teenage girl, laughing hysterically*
Defendant: Who is that?
*the judge, jury, and the entire courtoom, and the entire world, all yell "GUILTY!" at once, so loud that it echoes throughout the universe, and that once every thousand light years, the echo can be heard roaring over Earth as it bounces across the walls of the universe, and everyone has a huge celebration on the day the echo returns*
lol you are definitely 1000% a million % sitbm
sorry i remind ya of your, erm, 16 year old kid who posted on old LF, mate.
*scene pans upon a court of law.*
Prosecutor: Your honor, may I present a piece of evidence to the defendant?
Judge: You may.
Prosecutor: Defendant, do you know who this is? are you this guy? *hands defendant piece of paper *
Defendant: *Defendant rolls giant blunt, glances at judge from corner of eye* Come hit this shit, 'cus
Judge: *takes giant rip*
Judge: Case dismissed!

entire courtroom erupts in boisterous applause

~Fin~
was fape quoting some old posts by sitbm up there or is he just sitbm?
he is simply sitbm
thats not possible, im sitbm
oh my god im so happy youre back
im happy to be back, bro.
i really don't know who sitbm is but have your fun thinking i'm him or whatever
I'M SITBM!!
We Are All SITBM! Justice for SITBM!
send in the bacon man

IWC wrote this song

babyfinland posted:
send in the bacon, man

, tom yelled fatly through the yellowing basement door. his mom picked up an oven glove, put it in her mouth, and bit down hard as she started sobbing real hard and real quiet.

mods change my name to "tom yelled fatly"

jools posted:

babyfinland posted:
send in the bacon, man

, tom yelled fatly through the yellowing basement door. his mom picked up an oven glove, put it in her mouth, and bit down hard as she started sobbing real hard and real quiet.

don't lift sentences from confederacy of dunces to burn tom, that's cheating

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2008/s2323805.htm

DR TED SCAMBOS, NATIONAL SNOW AND ICE DATA CENTER USA: ...There’s a group that makes a very strong case that in 2012 or 13 we’ll have an ice-free Arctic, as soon as that.

Because you toch yourself ach nicht

Squalid posted:
Sorry cleanhands I just lost a letter from my dad before I even had a chance to open it, slipped out of my back pocket where I had stuck it on the way to class! So sorry if I came off as rude, I'm in a bad mood okay! :crying

thats cool id be pretty mad too in that sitch, except that would ruin my smug upper class brit aesthetic, so i wouldnt let it show

fape posted:
yea, what an incriminating question i asked. how could you not find me guilty, after i asked, "who is that". its like, basically a confession

they dont call him the worlds greatest detective for nothing... youd have to pay them a lot before theyd say that

dr ted SCAMbos

that tells you everything right there

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
“action on climate change” is code for merchant banks being able to find a new avenue to loot the treasury, and in a broader sense it’s also about the liberal bourgeois shoring up their position in our changing world by providing a reason to strip living standards and access to energy/material goods from the proletariat.

while that very well may be true, its only true because capitalism exploits all things, and using it as an excuse to do nothing about climate change is almost completely identical to refusing vaccinations because of "Big Government"

[account deactivated]
coincidentally there's a brilliant new IWC thread in the works

xipe posted:
guidoanselmi u work for nasa, right?
im looking forward to the space apps challenge this weekend!

jpl which is an FFRDC.

so i heard of this but never looked into it. this is actually really awesome.

fwiw if you have never seen this, it's incredible: http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/eyes/

guidoanselmi posted:

xipe posted:
guidoanselmi u work for nasa, right?
im looking forward to the space apps challenge this weekend!

jpl which is an FFRDC.

so i heard of this but never looked into it. this is actually really awesome.

fwiw if you have never seen this, it's incredible: http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/eyes/

omg this owns

James Lovelock, Environmental scientist and Royal society fellow, in 2006:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/james-lovelock-the-earth-is-about-to-catch-a-morbid-fever-that-may-last-as-long-as-100000-years-523161.html

I have to tell you, as members of the Earth’s family and an intimate part of it, that you and especially civilisation are in grave danger…

We have given Gaia a fever and soon her condition will worsen to a state like a coma.... We are responsible and will suffer the consequences: as the century progresses, the temperature will rise 8 degrees centigrade in temperate regions and 5 degrees in the tropics.... We are in a fool’s climate, accidentally kept cool by smoke, and before this century is over billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable.

Today

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/23/11144098-gaia-scientist-james-lovelock-i-was-alarmist-about-climate-change

Lovelock, 92, is writing a new book in which he will say climate change is still happening, but not as quickly as he once feared.... (The) professor admitted in a telephone interview with msnbc.com that he now thinks he had been “extrapolating too far"…

“The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago. That led to some alarmist books – mine included – because it looked clear-cut, but it hasn’t happened,” Lovelock said…

”The world has not warmed up very much since the millennium. Twelve years is a reasonable time… it (the temperature) has stayed almost constant, whereas it should have been rising — carbon dioxide is rising, no question about that.”

He pointed to Gore’s “An Inconvenient Truth” and Tim Flannery’s “The Weather Makers” as other examples of “alarmist” forecasts of the future.

It’s amazing how many otherwise rational people have been taken in by this apocalyptic scam, you’d think we would have learnt from Y2K
Are you sure you are reinforcing your argument with credible sources, IWC?

“Jim Lovelock has no university, no research institute, no students. His almost unparalleled influence in environmental science is based instead on a particular way of seeing things,” Oliver Morton, of the journal Nature wrote in Time.

Should we really take seriously the crackpot opinions of a rogue "scientist" whose research is not rigorous enough to stand up to scholarly review? Who are you going to believe, former vice president and Nobel Prize winner Al Gore or this seedy Wilhelm Reich looking motherfucker?

Al Gore only spruiks climate change because of his mates in international finance and banking, he stands to make a fortune from the panic. I’d rather trust a guy who isn’t tainted by the stench of the transnational elite.
If jim lovelock was lying about gaia theory and is changing his story how do we know that he is telling the truth now? Maybe the KOCH industries or Chevron or BP got to him and blackmailed him into being an oil and gas industry hatchet man. Ok so maybe al gore has hung out with some bankers in his time. What if both the climate change people and the not climate change people have their own economic agendas and are trying to make money off it? In that case the only way to decide between whats right and whats wrong is if you look at the hard scientific data. And the data says that there is definitely global warming.