[account deactivated]
it's fun replying to liberals all the time these days with the fact that e.g. Obama did exactly the thing they're livid and making hitler comparisons about. It's hitlers all the way down you fools
[account deactivated]

groundservices posted:

Keven posted:
wow I think I just did that how many irony levels are you on comic to groundserve by accident

I keep reading this over and over and I cannot make heads or tails of it

[account deactivated]
https://www.autostraddle.com/i-was-trained-for-the-culture-wars-in-home-school-awaiting-someone-like-mike-pence-as-a-messiah-367057/
sorry didnt know where else it put this, but since Trump hates China...so China arrested a billionaire in their own country, probably for being bourgeois scum and the Financial Times, the only honest bourgeois paper, has been losing its collective shit throughout the day. And it is just very funny to me. It's been one article after another. For example:

China sends a chilling message to companies in Hong Kong. You know, their own city.

Xi Jinping’s war on the rich has gone down well with the masses

Hmm, I wonder why...

It reads like the plot of a bad thriller — a Chinese billionaire sits with his entourage of female bodyguards in his apartment in the Hong Kong Four Seasons in the early hours of Chinese new year’s eve. The women are employed not only to protect him but also to wipe the sweat from his brow and back.

Yeah, if this fucker doesn't deserve to be locked up for life, i don't know who does.

Suddenly, half a dozen public security agents from mainland China burst in, overpower the bodyguards, bundle the billionaire out of the luxury hotel and spirit him across the border to face the wrath of the Communist party.
But this is not the script for a kung fu potboiler. The billionaire is Xiao Jianhua, one of China’s most politically connected and wealthy men, and his abduction from the heart of Hong Kong’s financial district last Friday has shaken the city to its core.

Sucks that I missed it.

When the UK handed the former colony back to China in 1997, Beijing guaranteed Hong Kong a “high degree of autonomy” for 50 years and left the territory’s independent courts, free press and efficient bureaucracy mostly untouched.

One of the cardinal rules of the arrangement is that no law enforcement agencies from outside Hong Kong, including those from mainland China, are allowed to operate inside the territory. Coming a little over a year after Chinese agents abducted five Hong Kong booksellers for publishing embarrassing books on the private lives of Chinese leaders, this latest breach of Hong Kong law is a terrible blow to the city’s credibility.

Either the Hong Kong government and security services were complicit in the snatching of Mr Xiao or they were negligent in allowing it to happen right under their noses.

Translation: we were forced to give back such an obedient little colony and now, if weren't reduced to being America's little rump state, we would take it back.

Several years before Donald Trump, the blue-collar billionaire, took power in Washington, Mr Xi launched his “populism with Chinese characteristics” targeting corrupt officials and the billionaire class that nestled beside them under the carapace of crooked Leninism. The son of a top party official, Mr Xi has presented himself as a blue-collar princeling and his war on the wealthy has gone down well with the masses. Mr Xiao appears to have known the potential danger he was in. He was ranked last year as the 32nd richest person in China by a prominent annual rich list, which some refer to as the “death list” because of how many people on it end up in prison. (Compilers of that list say they initially calculated Mr Xiao was the richest person in China but he responded by strenuously arguing he was much poorer than he appeared.)

And the dilettantes tell me China is now a Capitalist country. Also, LOL at "Donald Trump, blue-collar billionaire is JUST like Xi Jinping, blue-collar princeling." If there's one thing the FT is clear about, and the other "progressive" papers like the Guardian obscure, it's who is the Enemy of Capitalism and why.

As one person familiar with this case put it: “Most Chinese billionaires are like geese — they get fat on their political connections and close ties to party leaders, but at some point the emperor decides he wants to eat foie gras.”

I don't particulary like foie gras, but that is probably because tpaine has not embedded the relevant youtube on how to make it...and i guess he never will, because lets be honest, tpaine is dead and g

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4182852/Trump-s-SCOTUS-pick-founded-club-called-Fascism-Forever.html
important to boost right and scientific thinking in all arenas of discourse, so i have to point out that tpaine would make fun of a post explaining how to make foie gras, but would post a video explaining how to prepare it. thank you

swampman posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4182852/Trump-s-SCOTUS-pick-founded-club-called-Fascism-Forever.html

these chumps' skeleton closets combined with the intense centrist media desire to both call them nazis and say we must appease nazis has made me more optimistic about mass support for the left in the united states than i have ever been

Gorsuch Is Secretly Opus Dei. need to meme this approaching critical levels

cars posted:

Gorsuch Is Secretly Opus Dei. need to meme this approaching critical levels

ićll consult the boys at catholic leftist twitter.

Edited by cars ()

[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

what idiot decided to call it 'fascism forever' and not 'forever 88'

the only people who take iron pills irl are degenerates who have hemophilia from inbreeding

not an ounce of shame from the Times here on what the "pillars" are

cars posted:

not an ounce of shame from the Times here on what the "pillars" are

but where are the smoldering piles of dead children? should have gone for the triptych, Times.

Won't somebody please think of the paleocons?
The Five Pillars of American Foreign Policy:

• sincerely reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
  • performing ritual press conferences in the proper way five times each day.
  • paying an International Development alms to keep your labour force of the poor and needy barely alive.
  • austerity during the month of Ramadan, and also every other month.
  • pilgrimage to Tel Aviv.
salt
[account deactivated]
Meur salt: sulking
speaking of dead children, apparently now that Trump is president we can talk about the US's illegal invasion of Yemen. amazing about how just changing who is president can change the moral character of a shameless war of aggression!

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

the only people who take iron pills irl are degenerates who have hemophilia from inbreeding

Cool mysogyny, ban this sick filth

littlegreenpills posted:

Meur salt: sulking

*bulking

Faced with a general crisis of representative democracy, some hold out hope for a sensibly liberal Pinochet.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/2/rosa-brooks-obama-pentagon-official-says-anti-trum/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

speaking of dead children, apparently now that Trump is president we can talk about the US's illegal invasion of Yemen. amazing about how just changing who is president can change the moral character of a shameless war of aggression!

it has been sickeningly interesting to see the various approaches Democrats have attempted to explain how one child in a family is dead from aerial bombing in an ontologically different way from their sibling

groundservices posted:

I wonder how much of that Washington times is breathless drama because trump is such a character, whereas under Obama they had to Take Him Seriously, so Trump lets them blow off steam that's been pint up by overloaded cognitive dissonance and a need to look like serious thinkers who can't say outlandish(ly true) things like Obama is effectively a fascist, like all US presidents, because fascism is endemic to bourgeois clsss rule.

the Washington Times has two roles: 1) to host a group of borderline-paleo-right opinion writers, many of them pro-Trump, 2) to spread leaks by federal level officials too dubious to subject to the bare-minimum scrutiny practised by the NY Times or Wash Post, but with a higher intended profile than leaks made to the Washington Free Beacon. Seeing these two objectives lap up against each other has been fun over the last few months

shriekingviolet posted:

sounds to me like everything really was better under obama

it's really weird, snowflake, how all of the snowflake conservatives in snowflake comments sections and on snowflake twitter all seem to use the same meaningless snowflake insults, like their snowflake ideological lockstep extends to their snowflake insult of choice

camera_obscura posted:

it's really weird, snowflake, how all of the snowflake conservatives in snowflake comments sections and on snowflake twitter all seem to use the same meaningless snowflake insults, like their snowflake ideological lockstep extends to their snowflake insult of choice

participation trophy millennial need a safe space. the SO CALLED TOLERANT LEFT real racist and fascist. helicopter rides. kek. i ate all the paint chips when i was 5

gay_swimmer posted:

the SO CALLED TOLERANT LEFT

this one always makes me giggle madly

[account deactivated]

gay_swimmer posted:

camera_obscura posted:

participation trophy millennial need a safe space. the SO CALLED TOLERANT LEFT real racist and fascist. helicopter rides. kek. i ate all the paint chips when i was 5

We should have a specific thread to make fun of this type of shit

in ad 2101 war was descending
“He’s a killer, though,” O’Reilly said. “Putin’s a killer.”
“There are a lot of killers,” Trump answered. “We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent?
Get that dude an account
I listened to CNN on a stream yesterday for fun. Their reaction to that trump comment was hilarious. They dragged a lady on and she talked about "whataboutism". Lol