There's a new forum up on SA and skylark is mod
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=242

he died
Slenderman Subforum
Sea Monster Megathread - Fuck the Ocean.

^^^^ lmao you can't make this up

DeleuzerAndRetardi posted:
Sea Monster Megathread - Fuck the Ocean.

^^^^ lmao you can't make this up

Best Gun For Shooting Ghosts??
Pages: 123

Author: Weed Death

so the whole forum is just people trolling each other from what i can gather
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lmao dorkasaurus_rex had made two threads and they both got closed immediately and he was probated
I guess that's why he seemed a bit harried when we spoke this morning...
when you go out to dinner with him how many entrees does he simultaneously order
I've actually seen him offer up his doggy bags to homeless on the way back home, without so much as even looking for a pat on the back in exchange; the little things like that go a long way to change your perspective on the guy.

girdles_gone_wild posted:
lmao dorkasaurus_rex had made two threads and they both got closed immediately and he was probated

Seems money can't buy him everything in life.

AMAZING ORB PHOTO
how many times per thread in that forum am i obligated to mention the denver airport
finally us rhizzonites are gettin' comrades in high places...

Groulxsmith posted:
I've actually seen him offer up his doggy bags to homeless on the way back home, without so much as even looking for a pat on the back in exchange; the little things like that go a long way to change your perspective on the guy.

o thats great, soon he'll be giving knee surgeries to the Real badas dudes who need it and he denied fucking MEDICAL care??? Maybe??? Or maybe he'll be giving homeless scraps LIKE HE FEEDS US LIES FROM THE TABLECLOTH.

Future me : WOW. I am SO sorry. dorkasaurus rex just THROUGH the patriarchy & also the other bad SOCIAL RELATIONS OF CAPITALISM & INJUSTICE into the OCEAN. And he gave his SHIT DAD SKYSCRAPER to the HOMELESS. Wow do i feel fuckin stupid and BAD BOY. he was truly a GOOD MAN and not a FAILTARD
haha yeah let me make fun of an idiot rich weirdo who is loose with his money instead of humoring him, comma, im a dumbass
cheatign

girdles_gone_wild posted:

some PRIV'LIDGE!!!!

Skylark posted:
cheatign

Skylark posted:

Veeerry carefully
He became a mod very carefully, OP.
edit: fuck, I was beaten on that one
veeerrryyy caaarreefulllly looolllll Blaaahhhhh hahaha bleh heh
[account deactivated]

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
so the whole forum is just people trolling each other from what i can gather

i really like ghosts and conspiracy theories and i like reading scary things and i want to talk abt them

amke me a mod, assoon as possible, thanksio inio advancio (thats italian for all u haters)

Skylark posted:
i really like ghosts and conspiracy theories and i like reading scary things and i want to talk abt them

you know any interesting analysis on recent conspiracists developments? i dont "get" the general 'aaargh symbols! symbols everywhere' thing from vigilantcitizen people or the more out there stuff (like david icke saying there are space snakes flying in the sky and that the moon is colored etc)

icke is kind of hard to follow because his conspiratorial synthesis is just so all-encompassing
In 1972 David Icke published Persecution and the Art of Writing, commonly understood to advance the argument that some philosophers write in such a way as to avoid persecution by political or religious authorities. Some of Icke's students have read their teacher as interested in a philosophical "esotericism" aimed primarily at protecting politics from philosophy – the reasoning of which might negatively affect opinions undergirding the political order. Taking his bearings from his study of Maimonides and Al Farabi, and pointing further back to Plato's discussion of writing as contained in the Phaedrus), Icke proposed that the classical and medieval art of exoteric writing is the proper medium for philosophic learning: rather than displaying superficially philosophers' thoughts, classical and medieval philosophical texts guide their readers in thinking and learning independently of imparted knowledge. Thus, Icke agrees with the Socrates of the Phaedrus, where the Greek indicates that, insofar as writing does not respond when questioned, good writing provokes questions in the reader--questions that orient the reader towards an understanding of problems the author thought about with utmost seriousness. Both for Icke and for Plato, genuinely philosophical writing does not impart special knowledge to its reader, but helps its reader deepen his understanding of the problems underlying all special knowledge: those readers who seek special knowledge in Platonic dialogues have the propensity to apply fragments of philosophical discourse to political life, thereby betraying the cause of genuinely philosophical writers. The case of the trial of Socrates is paradigmatic.

Icke's general "hermeneutical" argument--rearticulated throughout his subsequent writings (most notably in The City and Man--1978)--is that prior to the XIX century, Western scholars commonly understood that philosophical writing is not at home in any polity, no matter how liberal. Insofar as it questions conventional wisdom at its roots, philosophy must guard itself especially against those readers who believe themselves authoritative, wise, and liberal defenders of the status quo. In questioning established opinions, or in investigating the principles of morality, philosophers of old found it necessary to convey their messages in an oblique manner. Their "art of writing" was the art of exoteric communication. This is all the more apparent in medieval times, when heterodox political thinkers wrote under the threat of the Inquisition or comparably intransigent tribunals.

Icke's argument is not that the medieval writers he studies reserved one exoteric meaning for the many (hoi polloi) and an esoteric/hidden one for the few (hoi aristoi), but that, through rhetorical stratagems including self-contradiction and hyperboles, said writers succeeded in conveying meaning proper at the tacit heart of their writings--a heart or message irreducible to "the letter" or historical dimension of texts.

Explicitly following G.E. Lessing's lead, Icke indicates that medieval political philosophers, no less than their ancient counterparts, in writing, carefully adapted their wording to the dominant moral views of their time, lest their writings be condemned as heretical or unjust, not by "the many" (who did not read), but by those "few" whom the many regarded as the most righteous guardians of morality: precisely these few righteous personalities would be most inclined to persecute/ostracize anyone who is in the business of exposing the noble or great lie upon which stands or falls the authority of the few over the many.

jools posted:
icke is kind of hard to follow because his conspiratorial synthesis is just so all-encompassing

but i can get the 'why' of some of his stuff exists. i can get how the moon landings are depressingly unromantic for instance

but schizo stuff like this (movies as illuminati prophecies or something idk) i cant even begin to see why it exists. and its popular

moses IS the cat diety and resonates the odd effects on friday the 13th. Which is precisely why Elijah Wood tries to contradict his statement ~ By bringing up the golden mean and sacred numerology position.
pls dont post pics of urethral dildos even if they're mine
the word you're looking for is "sound"
those are some badass headphones