[account deactivated]
I heard this was because of "C Section" birthing, OP. Thanks for starting the discussion.

One recent study of maternal mortality in New York City found that 79 percent of women who died in childbirth had Cesarean births.

this kinda jumped out at me. wouldn't you expect that the causality might be inverted (women experiencing serious problems during childbirth have a higher likelihood of needing emergency c-sections)?

[account deactivated]
what is rate of cesarean in the US compared to other countries? i'm guessing its way higher?
The patriarchy.
don't sign your posts
[account deactivated]
what is the vanity or patriarchy-related reason for a c-section

doesn't it give you a big, permanent scar
tighter vag = dance all night
im pretty sure that this has more to do with poverty + bad healthcare + young mothers than it does with not squirting the babies out through the inferior natural hole

Groulxsmith posted:

my wife chose to have a c section because she didnt feel like laying in a hospital bed screaming for 48 hours like her mom did.

[account deactivated]
the inferior, natural hole
home birth is a really funny concept. yup dont mind me just farting out a baby in an unsanitary location with no painkillers or medical supervision like i'm sarah connor in a bunker running away from cyborgs in the year 20XX

Goethestein posted:

Groulxsmith posted:

my wife chose to have a c section because she didnt feel like laying in a hospital bed screaming for 48 hours like her mom did.

but on the plus side, that's a whole 2 days away from you!

it would be nice to get some citations for any of these statistics, i can pull the papers off pubmed and we can look at them

AmericanNazbro posted:

i dont think you've noticed but the human female reproductive system is one of the most poorly designed things in all nature

much liek your posting
[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

i dont think you've noticed but the human female reproductive system is one of the most poorly designed things in all nature

it's funny that you refer to the vagina as "The Inferior Natural Hole"

i truly feel sorry for your wife who must constantly deal with you pushing your steampunk fetishes on her

gyrofry posted:
tighter vag = dance all night

i imagine c-sections in the victorian era were usually fatal
abortions

discipline posted:

Goethestein posted:
home birth is a really funny concept. yup dont mind me just farting out a baby in an unsanitary location with no painkillers or medical supervision like i'm sarah connor in a bunker running away from cyborgs in the year 20XX

ah yes, like those heathens in europe with lower rates of maternal and infant mortality. also most women in the world.

most women in the world have no choice but to squat in the dirt. one would think that those who have the option of avoiding it would do so, but alas the reactionary notion of what is "natural" seizes the mind of the Modern to great extent

not just for sandwiches anymore

AmericanNazbro posted:

Goethestein posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

it's funny that you refer to the vagina as "The Inferior Natural Hole"

i truly feel sorry for your wife who must constantly deal with you pushing your steampunk fetishes on her

im pretty sure that attaching a superior hole to someone for the purposes of copulation is more of a cyberpunk idea. please do not mix up your punks.

[account deactivated]
my friend who is a badass just finisehd school for midwifing and she would kick your retarded butt up and down the avenue if you (very hypothetically) ever had the balls to say ignorant as fuk things like that to her irl goatstein
midwife school lol. did she order the two-vhs set in the fifteen minute window where she could get a free shamwow

E: CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WIFE'S PREGNANCY

PLEASE WRITE 1500 WORDS COMPARING AND CONTRASTING THE MIDWIFERY ACCREDITATION PROCESS & PRACTICES IN THREE U.S. STATES, USING SOURCES THAT ARE NOT YOUR OPINIONS ON FEMALE ANATOMY

Edited by NEOADMINISTRATOR ()

rofl
i always assumed it was God's punishment for creating more Americans

Groulxsmith posted:
i imagine c-sections in the victorian era were usually fatal

up until some point i think they werent even performed unless the mother was basically dying. i dont know when this point was. thanks for reading my post

bye goat
[account deactivated]
in america it pays better to a doctor and plays better to a jury to err on the side of action
[account deactivated]
100% of rich white women have c-sections

its a perfect storm of narrow hips, love of anesthesia, and an all-consuming desire to not stretch out their trophy wife vaginas

i was a c-section birth, starting a long tradition of never touching vaginas.

gyrofry posted:
bye goat

bring him back i'm not ready to be the posting floor one cannot fall below