k, so when a certain friend of mine was 16 and i was 18, she got put in a situation where she was very desperate and thought it best to offer herself to me sexually in exchange for shelter. i was not comfortable with this but tried to see about the shelter anyways and no luck b/c legal custody.

it was really damaging because i sort of saw the raw power right there even though i didn't exercise it and then i couldn't PROTECT her to boot. it turns out that she is now extremely insistent on being on the receiving end of exactly that same raw power and in fact defines her relationships exclusively in those terms. it had a weird deja vu feel to it.

NOW, she will not be in a relationship without it, even if the particular relationship isn't very healthy for her. otoh, i am about as safe as it gets for her and taking that role with her would be extremely protective and respectful from her point of view. she gets a lot of shit for it and has been hurt really badly over it in the past, so the same goes for me talking about her liking it being a way of defending her from her perspective.

it's hard to be a straight dude sometimes

Edited by dm ()

Sexuality manifests itself in a myriad of different ways. You should respect her desire to exchange hers for warm, shelter, etc.
[account deactivated]
what i'm wondering is whether or not i would be cisgendered if i did it

tpaine posted:

dm posted:

k, so when a certain friend of mine was 16 and i was 18, she got put in a situation where she was very desperate and thought it best to offer herself to me sexually in exchange for shelter. i was not comfortable with this but tried to see about the shelter anyways and no luck b/c legal custody.

it was really damaging because i sort of saw the raw power right there even though i didn't exercise it and then i couldn't PROTECT her to boot. it turns out that she is now extremely insistent on being on the receiving end of exactly that same raw power and in fact defines her relationships exclusively in those terms. it had a weird deja vu feel to it.

NOW, she will not be in a relationship without it, even if the particular relationship isn't very healthy for her. otoh, i am about as safe as it gets for her and taking that role with her would be extremely protective and respectful from her point of view. she gets a lot of shit for it and has been hurt really badly over it in the past, so the same goes for me talking about her liking it being a way of defending her from her perspective.

it's hard to be a straight dude sometimes

another rhizzone rapist. jesus fuck

the world really is a vampire

On the surface, people would just see you as a patriarchy having abstinence only sexhaver who oppresses women.

bong_san_suu_kyi posted:

Sexuality manifests itself in a myriad of different ways. You should respect her desire to exchange hers for warm, shelter, etc.

that was 7 years ago. she's fine atm and can come stay with me if she needs to as a friend and everything just like other friends if they need help!

kinda proves my point

oh my, a person wants a very specific thing from their partner in a romantic relationship that may cause them to repeatedly pick bad partners by over-prioritizing it. truly this is a new and strange phenomenon totally limited to your friend.
whoa cyclonedude what did dm ever do to you
sex for shelter is probably something i would think long and hard about

Cycloneboy posted:

oh my, a person wants a very specific thing from their partner in a romantic relationship that may cause them to repeatedly pick bad partners by over-prioritizing it. truly this is a new and strange phenomenon totally limited to your friend.

check your privilege

gyrofry posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

check your privilege

what, my aromatic privilege? that's not privilege, that's just not having to deal with sexual imprinting and the toxic Western culture's fucked up view of romance.

Edited by jools ()

it is the human condition that desire and social norms can't be extinguished through individual volition, merely repressed and transmuted into neuroses

gyrofry posted:

it is the human condition that desire and social norms can't be extinguished through individual volition, merely repressed and transmuted into neuroses

it's actually really easy, to deal with this problem. just break up with jerks and look for someone with whatever qualities you're looking for (black hair, bathtubs full of cash, an interest in mathematics, a huge amount of miles prower over you) who is not also a jerk. that's your love advice for today. peace.

Edited by jools ()

remember that little kid who wrote a book about love and got on all the talk shows, theres def a niche for you out there cyclonebuddy
cyclone boy is gonna be alone forever.
[account deactivated]
i sort of feel like contriving a situation where i get to say "you don't get to speak for your ventriloquist dummy"

girdles_gone_wild posted:

cyclone boy is gonna be alone forever.

wow nice bourgeois conception of family. i'm gonna adopt a bunch of kids. fappo.

"hi, i'd like to adopt a child, please. no, i'm not married. why? well i'm what you would call asexual aromantic. yes, i guess you could call me a sexual deviant, sure. well, i just want a lot of children around me. hello? hello? we must have been disconnected."
[account deactivated]

Cycloneboy posted:

wow nice bourgeois conception of family. i'm gonna adopt a bunch of kids. fappo.

they'll just run away at the soonest possible moment. You'll end up grounding them for a week whenever you find them again. They be crying in the backseat while you're driving them home, berating them with, "CHECK YO PRIVILEGE, SON. NOW YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO SEXHAVERS?!?" while pointing to various blotches of roadkill on the side of the road.

getfiscal posted:

"hi, i'd like to adopt a child, please. no, i'm not married. why? well i'm what you would call asexual aromantic. yes, i guess you could call me a sexual deviant, sure. well, i just want a lot of children around me. hello? hello? we must have been disconnected."

what a slut

getfiscal posted:

it's perfectly possible for a single person to adopt a child. check your privilege.

Cycloneboy posted:

getfiscal posted:

it's perfectly possible for a single person to adopt a child. check your privilege.

there is hope but not for us

Cycloneboy posted:

a single rich woman yeah.

a man that says they don't have sexual feelings trying to adopt a bunch of kids: hopefully less of a chance.

getfiscal posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

a single rich woman yeah.

a man that says they don't have sexual feelings trying to adopt a bunch of kids: hopefully less of a chance.

nice bigotry. what, you think that women can't be pedophiles? most pedophiles (including those who molest same-sex children) identify as heterosexual, anyway. fuck there's so much wrong with this post.

Cycloneboy posted:

nice bigotry. what, you think that women can't be pedophiles? most pedophiles (including those who molest same-sex children) identify as heterosexual, anyway. fuck there's so much wrong with this post.

who said anything about pedophiles. whoa. why'd you make that leap. little bit of a slip up there, cycleboy.

getfiscal posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

who said anything about pedophiles. whoa. why'd you make that leap. little bit of a slip up there, cycleboy.

oh yeah, how could anyone make that "leap."

you know there are a lot of ways you could screw up your brood of little actuary's helpers without rubbing up against them. for example, you could try to convince them that being aromantic is a real thing.
[account deactivated]
Maybe it's a controversial stance, but I think that sexual perverts, like Cyclone Boy, should NOT be allowed to adopt children for the express purpose of doing sexual acts to them. Sorry is that offends anyone, but it's how I feel.

getfiscal posted:

you know there are a lot of ways you could screw up your brood of little actuary's helpers without rubbing up against them. for example, you could try to convince them that being aromantic is a real thing.

yes, and then i might convince them that the grass is green, and that blood is red.

and that A=A
real talk im all for making fun of cycloneboys weird autistic teenage life but conflating people who make up sexual orientations for themselves online to pedophiles even jokingly is like, pretty god dang fucked up. pedophilia and pederasts are a real thing and its not something to joke about yo. god damn.
okay i won't pester cycleboy anymore but like maybe instead of kids think about getting a chia pet or something.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

real talk im all for making fun of cycloneboys weird autistic teenage life but conflating people who make up sexual orientations for themselves online to pedophiles even jokingly is like, pretty god dang fucked up. pedophilia and pederasts are a real thing and its not something to joke about yo. god damn.

i am neither autistic nor do i have a made up sexual orientation.

even Kinsey, operating in the 1940s, detected the existence of asexual individuals (who he called Category X) during his study. it's a real thing. go fuck yourself? maybe? just an idea.

i don't even know how a brain can function without sexual drives, and i'm a semivolcel.

getfiscal posted:

i don't even know how a brain can function without sexual drives, and i'm a semivolcel.

why would it not.

no seriously, why would it not.

we all know its v possible that and brain would and i'm sure you would be a better parent than lots of people cycloneboy. assuming when your parents die they'll leave as much money to your adopted post-gender chyldryn as your grandmother did for you. inshallah.