[account deactivated]
Straker posted:

I've probably seen them more than you have, I just don't post as much about it. You and the rest of the thread combined may have me beat

I have a playlist with all his old stuff permanently on my desktop... actually one of the few things even on my desktop after reinstalling Windows when I got an SSD - everything else I just go back and get from my old hard drives as needed, and well, turns out you don't need much else when you have masao. I often leave his videos running in the background instead of music/tv stuff, for hours or days, there've been plenty of times I've watched everything he's made in one sitting, or fallen asleep with his stuff playing. That probably sounds a lot creepier than it actually is, the guy's just fascinating and has a soothing voice and I love his thought patterns, they're like crazy mental yoga that totally makes sense even if they're wrong and don't make sense. Kind of like the way you can recognize music and art that's been made on drugs if you've done those drugs yourself, or can follow the train of thought of someone high while you're sober. There is a little masao in all of us, he's harmless like ulillillia, so it's more fun to just witness and enjoy and try to understand. And frankly, I love psychopathology, I grew up downtown in a big city full of crazy people that were fun to talk to, and one of my favorite books is The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat. Hard to believe it's been almost three years of masao now, damn.

One tidbit I've never seen mentioned, it took me probably several dozen viewings to catch it because it's just so ridiculous... in the "noodle soup - total failure" video, or something very similar to that, his soup boils over, surprise surprise. Then from off camera Masao throws in a few almonds and says something like "this should calm it down". Of course, nothing happens. Just another totally ridiculous event that I overlooked the first several playthroughs because it didn't have any effect on anything.
i got like 5 minutes into another video and he busted out his fedora off his head and like checked the brim or something and the spell was broken
[account deactivated]
ahh gibbe gibbe gibbe gibbe
[account deactivated]
what's the one where he's like walking in three feet of snow and saying "sambuca...sambuca.." over and over. was that a thing or maybe it was a dream
[account deactivated]
haha yes. buy that man an account
[account deactivated]
theres something disturbing yet beautiful about masao, like a character in a modernist novel dwelling in the very bottom of the human condition yet displaying a certain undeniable spirit
[account deactivated]
SAHM BOOOOOKAH
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

theres something disturbing yet beautiful about masao, like a character in a modernist novel dwelling in the very bottom of the human condition yet displaying a certain undeniable spirit

hes whimsy made flesh

as you get deeper and deeper you'll find out that he is actually mentally ill in some way, and was actually sexually attracted to his sister and he admitted that to her

mentally ill, you say??

i dont believe it
he used to work for a leftist party in canada until he got kicked out for disagreeing with too much and lives in absolute filth. if he's mentally ill, then, why, surely most of the rhizzone would be crazy too and that can't be right

aerdil posted:

he used to work for a leftist party in canada until he got kicked out for disagreeing with too much and lives in absolute filth. if he's mentally ill, then, why, surely most of the rhizzone would be crazy too and that can't be right

I saw a comment from him that he used to work for a leftist party in italy and got kicked out for disagreeing too much

oh my god
this person is beautiful
masao tries to cut a citrus fruit in half for 30 seconds.flv
the reason i, uh, cut the lemon.... i'm not going to put the lemon in my hot dog, thats disgusting *lives in a pile of his own filth*
ahahaha open your freezer door, to counter the global warming
you know al gore? he never pees. he never peed in his life.
you got guys like adolf hitler and mussolini who came in, and those guys, it was like... owww, euuugh, what's that? euh, old cheese... probably from this morning or yesterday

perhaps he gets a little confused with his own politics but the word 'sambuca' is said with a rare confidence that few men can muster these days
[account deactivated]
he takes one bite of his christmas turkey cake and it tastes so horrible that he literally falls on the floor gagging
he literally fell down from eating cake with hot dogs and lemon frosting.
"it's the kind of recipe that barack obama was taught in a security briefing after he became president"
[account deactivated]
post dat vid
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lmao
you can use water..... or sambuca....
sambuca, crackers, apple juice, coffee, deodorant. Tea.
[account deactivated]