babyfinland posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

babyfinland posted:

in my experience, normal healthy relationship does grant personal fulfillment

i mean fulfillment more like... meaning or purpose.

ya also coffee makers don't bake pizzas

Actual People actually believe that a healthy romantic relationship will grant them that kind of fulfillment. realizing that they don't can be done before you sabotage multiple perfectly good relationships because they don't.

Cycloneboy posted:

babyfinland posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

babyfinland posted:

Actual People actually believe that a healthy romantic relationship will grant them that kind of fulfillment. realizing that they don't can be done before you sabotage multiple perfectly good relationships because they don't.

nice blame the victim logic here

babyfinland posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

babyfinland posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

babyfinland posted:

nice blame the victim logic here

that's not even a little blame the victim logic

some people have problematic ideas about relationships, therefore relationships are the devil and i'm never going to touch another human being
your ideas of love are precisely the same as medieval western european clerical misogyny, and surprise they were a bunch of self imposed celibates as well
you shouldn't have read all those e/n posts growing up cycloneboy. "fucking sever" wasn't meant to be like this...
so many great posts on the last page, i can't quote them all.

Maybe cycloneboy is a troll and is actually a bit of a player. I hope so because otherwise it's kinda sad that you've given up hope so early in your life.
That's right! Scorning women is positively feudalistic!
actually i p much agree w/ the cyclone embryo, asexuality exists + is perfectly legitimate + frankly i wish i could be like him
its true that in contemporary society we construct our identities based on relationships but im not sure if thats particularly healthy
i don't think it's healthy but its human. well i guess im arguing for a weird naturalism, but i'd argue that modern society's ways of shutting out real meaningful relationships is what causes things to be unhealthy.
when i was cycloneteens age i had like similar opinions about relationships w/ girls but i realized it was just because i didnt like how my anger problem having father treated my mother and now im a healthy normal person. allah is indeed most powerful and great and good.
I think it’s simply that human relationships to forge a huge part of our reality whether we like it or not and it’s immature to shut yourself away from that rather than at least attempting to navigate it.
when i was 16 i just really wanted to be in relationships and shit and having lots of sex. i guess i haven't change at all
My problem when I was a teenager is that I got too hung up and stressed on that shit as well but now I don’t really care and am aloof and more cold-hearted and girls like me more.

I guess now I put it like that it’s a shitty life lesson but w/evs, praise Allah for this joyously confusing rollercoaster of a planet I guess.
i have only ever wanted to be in a nice committed monogamous relationship built on trust, companionship and mutual benefit and personal development, and have only been in relationships like that, but don't ask me about things, i'm sexually repressed
its really quite disturbing how every time some lf dude posts about his views on relationships with females in depth they always bring out something about being 'cold-hearted' or 'alpha' or w/e. even if it is in jest thats a really weird thing to have in the back of your mind w/r/t all your 'romantic' relationships with women yo.
love is the point of life, and sharp
dudes are broken
i find it disturbing that you use the word female as a noun bro
im sorry impper i meant to type CAFAB

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

its really quite disturbing how every time some lf dude posts about his views on relationships with females in depth they always bring out something about being 'cold-hearted' or 'alpha' or w/e. even if it is in jest thats a really weird thing to have in the back of your mind w/r/t all your 'romantic' relationships with women yo.

i dont have romantic relationships, & its not because im cold-hearted or alpha or w/e i'm just really fuckin immature

sexuality is neurosis + cyclone entity is probably much happier than i am

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

Cold-hearted was a bit of poetic licence for being distracted and absorbed in other things . I’m no alpha or lothario lol.

[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

actually i p much agree w/ the cyclone embryo, asexuality exists + is perfectly legitimate + frankly i wish i could be like him

i hope asexuals exist and that they're doing something good with their time and good intentions because the rest of us are literally fucked, well i guess some of us are fucking.

pretty much all non rape&pillagy societies have venerated people who are able to live celibate lives. celibacy owns, our bonobo like pre-occupation with our own libidos is definitely holding us back as a species at this point in time.

Transient_Grace posted:

at this point in time.

damn, cant anyone go five minutes without talking about fucking in this place
We luv 2 fuck!

Impper posted:

ken wat do u think of the fuck & destroy sticker. thats gonna be a sticker. plastered all over chicago in the most obnoxious spots i can find

customers who bought this also bought Daddy Catches His Little Slut (Daddy Sex Stories) by Candy Young

jools posted:

damn, cant anyone go five minutes without talking about fucking in this place

sex is intrinsic to the economy and society and social relations jools.

discussing politics without fucking is like talking of the ocean without mentioning water.

[account deactivated]
"Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. But I say this as a concession, not as a commandment. For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that."

Love is a game.
"I love you, but, because inexplicably I love in you something more than you—the objet petit a—I mutilate you.
This is the meaning of that breast-complex, that mammal-complex except that the orality in question has nothing to do with food, and that the whole stress is placed on this effect of mutilation.
In the fable I read, when I was a child, in these early forms of strip cartoon, the poor beggar at the restaurant door feasted himself on the smell of the roasting meat. On this occasion, the smell is the menu, that is to say, signifiers, since we are concerned with speech only. Well! There is this complication— and this is my fable—that the menu is written in Chinese, so the first step is to order a translation from the patronne. She translates—imperial pâté, spring rolls, etc. etc. It may well be, if it is the first time that you have come to a Chinese restaurant, that the translation does not tell you much more than the original, and in the end you say to the patronne—Recommend something. This means: You should know what I desire in all this.
But is so paradoxical a situation supposed, in the final resort, to end there? At this point, when you abdicate your choice to some divination of the patronne, whose importance you have exaggerated out of all proportion, would it not be more appropriate, if you felt like it, and if the opportunity presented itself, to tickle her tits a bit? For one goes to a Chinese restaurant not only to eat, but to eat in the dimensions of the exotic. If my fable means anything, it is in as much as alimentary desire has another meaning than alimentation. It is here the support and symbol of the sexual dimension, which is the only one to be rejected by the psyche. The drive in its relation to the part-object is subjacent here. "
[account deactivated]
Jacques Lacan reminds us, that in sex, each individual is to a large extent on their own, if I can put it that way. Naturally, the others body has to be mediated, but at the end of the day, the pleasure will always be your pleasure. Sex separates, doesn’t unite. The fact that you are naked and pressing against the other is an image, an imaginary representation. What is real is that the pleasure takes you a long way, very far from the other. What is real is narcissistic, what binds is imaginary.. So there is no such thing as a sexual relationship, concludes Lacan. His proposition shocked people since at the time everybody was talking about nothing else but “sexual relationships”. If there is no sexual relationship in sexuality, love is what fills the absence of a sexual relationship. Lacan doesn’t say that love is a disguise for sexual relationships; he says that sexual relationships doen’t exist, that love is what comes to replace that non-relationship. This idea leads him to say that in love the other tries to approach “the being of the other”. In love the individual goes beyond himself, beyond the narcissistic. In sex, you are really in a relationship with yourself via the mediation of the other. The other helps you to discover the reality of pleasure. In love, on the contrary, the mediation of the other is enough in itself. Such is the nature of the amorous encounter: you go to take on the other, to make him or her exist with you as she or he is. It is a much more profound conception of love that the entirely banal view that love is no more than an imaginary canvas painted over the reality of sex.
Wow. This Lacan guy sounds like a regular Adolf Hitler. What a buzzkill. I just want to chill & have sexual fun with my consenting partner. I don't need this

aerdil posted:

Jacques Lacan reminds us, that in sex, each individual is to a large extent on their own, if I can put it that way. Naturally, the others body has to be mediated, but at the end of the day, the pleasure will always be your pleasure. Sex separates, doesn’t unite. The fact that you are naked and pressing against the other is an image, an imaginary representation. What is real is that the pleasure takes you a long way, very far from the other. What is real is narcissistic, what binds is imaginary.. So there is no such thing as a sexual relationship, concludes Lacan. His proposition shocked people since at the time everybody was talking about nothing else but “sexual relationships”. If there is no sexual relationship in sexuality, love is what fills the absence of a sexual relationship. Lacan doesn’t say that love is a disguise for sexual relationships; he says that sexual relationships doen’t exist, that love is what comes to replace that non-relationship. This idea leads him to say that in love the other tries to approach “the being of the other”. In love the individual goes beyond himself, beyond the narcissistic. In sex, you are really in a relationship with yourself via the mediation of the other. The other helps you to discover the reality of pleasure. In love, on the contrary, the mediation of the other is enough in itself. Such is the nature of the amorous encounter: you go to take on the other, to make him or her exist with you as she or he is. It is a much more profound conception of love that the entirely banal view that love is no more than an imaginary canvas painted over the reality of sex.

aerdil posted:

ayn rand shit

of all that is entirely voluntary and willfully ideological