Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

Nobody is as smart as me. Nobody is as correct as me. Don't ask me to explain why. As a neurotypical you are beneath consideration.

can you just fuck off already, everyone hates you and your insecure little hatecrush on me is gross and pervy. youre dumb and you contribute nothing

i dislike your posts because 99% of them are complaints about other posters and their politics

thats not true at all

the truth is dialectically related to the middle

discipline posted:

The_Schliski posted:

Not a single Soviet with any sort of official control - for what that's worth - over the release of nuclear weapons ever would have used them, there were a couple times when they couldn't be sure if NATO / US were launching on them and had evidence that NATO / US were launching on them, and still when faced with the prospect of using them hesitated and instead did nothing

yah I know but actually creating over 10 thousand nuclear bombs is a bad thing imo

i dont really care about the nuke stuff at all

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

Nobody is as smart as me. Nobody is as correct as me. Don't ask me to explain why. As a neurotypical you are beneath consideration.

can you just fuck off already, everyone hates you and your insecure little hatecrush on me is gross and pervy. youre dumb and you contribute nothing

i dislike your posts because 99% of them are complaints about other posters and their politics

btw this is actually you, and its not "other posters" its only me. go away you nasty little creep

babyfinland posted:

btw this is actually you, and its not "other posters" its only me. go away you nasty little creep

i absolutely never start it. it's always you, and then you go all crybaby like this when i respond

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

no u

im glad that moral exemplar babyfinland has the grace islam imbues upon him to be the most vitriolic, invidious, and spiteful person on this forum
good discussion all, broke some ground here

AmericanNazbro posted:

good discussion all, broke some ground here

I'm a big stupid idiot.

hi
[account deactivated]
been tryin
to meet you
must be
a devil
between us
or whores in my head
sorry for being rude and mean
can we reboot this thread

gyrofry posted:

can we reboot this thread

http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/topic/1489/

discipline posted:

The_Schliski posted:

Not a single Soviet with any sort of official control - for what that's worth - over the release of nuclear weapons ever would have used them, there were a couple times when they couldn't be sure if NATO / US were launching on them and had evidence that NATO / US were launching on them, and still when faced with the prospect of using them hesitated and instead did nothing

yah I know but actually creating over 10 thousand nuclear bombs is a bad thing imo

the other thing is that once a premier had his finger on The Button In The Football, without fail he became interested in disarmament because the enormity of the situation finally materialized in his brain

for this to happen to Ronald Reagan he had to watch The Day After but after he saw the made-for-tv-melodrama he was on board too i know this because i read a book about it!

well i listened to the book. on cd

babyfinland posted:

goldmine this thread

in soviet russia, thread goldmine you!

discipline posted:

look, I understand that there were really horrible things happening in the soviet union

and I’m not defending those things

but I will say that the world was a much better place with the soviet union around. a global counterweight to the transnational capitalist class, preventing widescale interventions and mass financialization was a good thing

and there’s no doubt that the russian people were way better off in the soviet union than they are now

and that developing countries grew exponentially under both soviet and US competitive aid programs, that the global south had more bargaining power

and I know that labor was floundering but it still had bargaining power too

there are more prisoners in the united states than in the rest of the world combined, women are pieces of meat and children are doped from birth

now everything is terrifying, and remote controlled planes violate sovereignties to drop missiles in people’s houses for no cause. sure it happened back then but it warranted more than a shrug

when people give props to stalin for defeating hitler do they pause to think that maybe without an aggressive bolshevik dictatoship menacing the east and fomenting revolution in germany that maybe hitler wouldn't have risen to power. just a little idea.
if planned economics worked so well then like why hasn't any country stuck with it for any length of time. like hey i've got a slam dunk economic success formula but for some reason i can't convince anyone to go along with it. yeah that's realistic and not just snake oil.
i subscribe to the great man theory of posting
i'm glad that the soviets promoted national independence. like their constant invasions and deformations of allied states around neocolonial economic policies.
[account deactivated]

The_Schliski posted:

discipline posted:

I see it was mostly net positive until the full scale nuclear war that will inevitably shroud the planet in death and destruction. I am not an expert on soviet history and don't want to come across like that (please educate me), I'm speaking more from a global historical perspective of what occurred in the global south between WWII and the end of the cold war

similarly, britain, france, and israel are moral paragons for their absolute refusal to use the bomb

Really lookin forward to your doctoral thesis They Were Asking For It: Deconstructing the Holocaust Mythos, Donald

Crow posted:

Really lookin forward to your doctoral thesis They Were Asking For It: Deconstructing the Holocaust Mythos, Donald

another good one is "they took russia out of the war!"... like brest-litovsk. well yeah but their hapless batshit government under lenin decided that bolshevik pride had to be world wide and went into dictator mode and the resulting civil war devastated the economy and killed a fair number of people. but like i guess that doesn't count.

I never understood the point of performing for an empty room.
[account deactivated]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_shipments_from_Czechoslovakia_to_Israel_1947%E2%80%931949

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:toXbRkG1nA8J:www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php%3F133269-Czechoslovak-military-aid-to-Israel+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
[account deactivated]
tom went to russia recently and was presented with the gift of a jar of beluga caviar. when he got home he poured the caviar into a warm tub of water and sprinkled fish food on it for weeks in hopes of "getting the whales to grow". when his nurse came for his monthly bowel obstruction removal she was so overwhelmed by the smell that she quit health care and entered the nunnery.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

getfiscal posted:

Final Fantasy X is one of the only Final Fantasy games I refuse to touch *the others being XI and XIV, due to them being MMOs* because I dated a girl once who was obsessed with X and X-2. She would spend as much time as she could get away with playing X, finish it, then start over again. She had multiple saves with 100% completion, but never did a "Full grid game" because they took too much time to do. She was... special. There was a point where I could tell you everything you wanted to know about the game, simply from being at her place for her billionth playthrough.

its like looking in the mirror