looks like gay marriage is going down in North Carolina, 60 - 40 or so.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/08/politics/north-carolina-marriage/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

now the literally dozens of people in north carolina who want to get married will have to settle for being married except in a handful of legal situations which can largely be handled with other contracts. no justice, no peace.
gay marriage is yet another ploy by the ruling class to divide and weaken the solidarity of workers and it's hilarious/sad that so called leftists can't understand this
goy marriage
one good thing about gay marriage votes is seeing how much gay people hate black people, largely because black people tend to have principles and don't just hitch their wagon to any vain attempt at identity politics.

55% of voters in the state support some form of legal recognition for gay couples in the form of either marriage or civil unions to only 41% completely opposed. But at the same time 55% of voters plan to support the amendment that would prohibit any legal recognition for same sex couples while only 41% are opposed

[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

one good thing about gay marriage votes is seeing how much gay people hate black people, largely because black people tend to have principles and don't just hitch their wagon to any vain attempt at identity politics.

"I’m not sure what to do with this. I’m thrilled that we’ve just elected our first African-American president. I wept last night. I wept reading the papers this morning. But I can’t help but feeling hurt that the love and support aren’t mutual.

I do know this, though: I’m done pretending that the handful of racist gay white men out there—and they’re out there, and I think they’re scum—are a bigger problem for African Americans, gay and straight, than the huge numbers of homophobic African Americans are for gay Americans, whatever their color."
/

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

gay marriage is yet another ploy by the ruling class to divide and weaken the solidarity of workers and it's hilarious/sad that so called leftists can't understand this

but north carolina does, and thats why this amendment was successful. there was nothing homophobic about this voting result, only a show of solidarity from the proletariat.

[account deactivated]
i love you tpaine

Petrol posted:

but north carolina does, and thats why this amendment was successful. there was nothing homophobic about this voting result, only a show of solidarity from the proletariat.

And given the large black population down there, it was an excellent display of the kind of interracial brotherhood that MLK used to talk of.

i dont know shit about it, can you elaborate or gief links pl0x

it's hilarious trolling by the ironic homophobia crew
lol

Lessons posted:

it's hilarious trolling by the ironic homophobia crew

yes and/or no duh

cleanhands posted:

yes and/or no duh

i'm glad to see our smartest members have realized there is literally no point in caring about anything
I care about literally everything
i care about video codecs and linux task schedulers

littlegreenpills posted:

i'm glad to see our smartest members have realized there is literally no point in caring about anything

i care but pity is a dehumanizing emotion imo

cleanhands posted:

i dont know shit about it, can you elaborate or gief links pl0x

Yeah I’m sure it’s a coincidence that the centres of gay advocacy in the country are also the powerhouses of liberal hegemony.

*spends decades denigrating the rural and regional masses both rhetorically and economically, wonders why they won’t buy wholesale into your agenda*

i wana do it

you misspelled "everything" as "gay marriage", a common mistake

WillieTomg posted:

you misspelled "everything" as "gay marriage", a common mistake

Yeah but gay marriage is the particular form of everything being deployed at this time. You can tell they are dismayed at the racial solidarity of people voting against this so expect more blatant moves to divide and conquer.

The dixiecrats never died, they just relocated to Georgetown and Berkeley

1 time a Professor (liberal arts class) was out so a different professor was there and she spent an hour explaning how the hicks and hillbillies in the south are racist, but in college we're progressive. Later i found out she was, literally a south african expat. Well that's a story from Keven's neck of the woods.
yeah i'll take a 6 inch with gay marraige on it

Keven posted:

1 time a Professor (liberal arts class) was out so a different professor was there and she spent an hour explaning how the hicks and hillbillies in the south are racist, but in college we're progressive. Later i found out she was, literally a south african expat. Well that's a story from Keven's neck of the woods.

thats maybe better than the time i had a microecon class taught by a greek fascist

once a nurse told me that she wanted to move to the american south because there "blacks know their place"
gays have to call straights "sir" and str8s call gays "boy"
[account deactivated]
it's okay to call people boy if you spell it boi
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

like half of them would find that hot though.

haha i thought it was kind of hot when i was typing it

im rly random lol... i like god and think hes real + i dont beleve in gay marriage.... guess u could say im not 1 of everyone else.
[account deactivated]

mistersix posted:

Keven posted:

thats maybe better than the time i had a microecon class taught by a greek fascist

a maoist taught me macro econ out of a mankiw textbook.

mankiw is cool.