[account deactivated]

Bablu posted:

drwhat posted:
how did you do this where is this from what

ditty app

omg this is ridiculous

read Freud through Lacan. read Zizek through Supermechagodzilla
who/where/what do I read Hegel through
hmm thats true. probably why I never read Hegel, I need a forums poster to tell me what to think first
so i should disregard all of your opinions because you've posted them on a forum? thanks, that clears things up
no sarcasm meant in that post, the great LF book thread is what told me what to read and led me to what I know today

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

anyone reading this series on a white supremacist anarchist that apparently went undetected in the anarchist movement for years?

https://medium.com/@rossstephens/about-schmidt-how-a-white-nationalist-seduced-anarchists-around-the-world-chapter-1-1a6fa255b528

https://medium.com/@rossstephens/about-schmidt-how-a-white-nationalist-seduced-anarchists-around-the-world-chapter-2-1849e232b943

https://medium.com/@rossstephens/about-schmidt-how-a-white-nationalist-seduced-anarchists-around-the-world-chapter-3-7d288d84b170

part 3. the authors keep speaking about Schmidt like hes some sort of super-secret fascist infiltrator, but quite a lot of the evidence they've collated seems like it was pretty out in the open. should there not be wider questions about how/why an anarchist organisation harbored someone like that for so long? like look at this lol;

Speaking to the double standards of the organizational culture Schmidt had helped create at the ZACF, a source told us that Schmidt received no official criticism about voting for the FF+, but a female member of the ZACF was disciplined around the same time for wanting to join a feminist reading group.

has anyone read Black Flame? itd be interesting to see if it was obvious in the book itself too.

one of the comments on Schmidts denial;

seems like this was 'known' for years yet the an-com org didnt say anything?

lol at the references here and in part 1 to drunken fights over this stuff

drwhat posted:

i have literally zero assets and i don't know anything.

thanks and same.

drwhat posted:

i heare that M something,, Mark?? Mark's is a good thing for thjis

A vanguard isn't something theoretical Lenin dreamt up because he loved dictatorship, it is the form that radical politics takes whether you're the Bolsheviks, Crimethinc, Occupy, or Greenpeace. Whether people choose to delude themselves into thinking they are not a vanguard is irrelevant, the only result of this denial is the vanguard is formed by those with the most social capital instead of professional revolutionaries. Occupy basically functioned because a leadership cabal formed among those with the most force of will/connections/free time/moral superiority who guilted people into silence to get anything passed at the general assembly. This is probably the only way consensus can function outside of a small clique of friends.

Anarchist groups are almost always groups of friends who distribute social capital through ideological correctness rather than devotion to a sports team or a common hobby. That this would result in being easily infiltrated by a white supremacist should be no surprise, particularly since this guy seemed to have real influence instead of just being a homeless crustpunk.

this also applies to most communist sects obviously but I do think anarchist ideology makes it worse.
I've been really down on Maoists lately. Sometimes it sounds indistinguishable from Trotskyism when taking about the USSR or contemporary imperialism. This may just be a side effect of posting on reddit
i bet 1$ on the royals to win cuz of a friend's smile

also hegel is so garbage i don't even need to read him to know

the dialectic is pee and poop

the trialectic, which i invented btw,

is 3x funnier and better and more revolutionary

babyhueypnewton posted:

I've been really down on Maoists lately. Sometimes it sounds indistinguishable from Trotskyism when taking about the USSR or contemporary imperialism. This may just be a side effect of posting on reddit

social imperialism theory is great man. i mean it's like of course it makes sense to align yourself with Nixon and Pinochet because Stalin is no longer in power. that's not a dumb idea at all.

chickeon posted:

drwhat posted:

i heare that M something,, Mark?? Mark's is a good thing for thjis

yes but i would like to also understand hegel better independently from charles mark

oh well i'll do it myself

just like read hegel, it will be fine
i have a hard time believing zizek actually released a new book that isn't just a copy paste of three other books he already wrote ten years ago
remember when zizek plagiarized a white supremacist? pepperidge farm remembers.
if i get even a relatively small windfall one day i'm going to hire a surprising number of all my internet friends to start an investment consulting firm, which i will not manage day to day because imagine herding those cats. the office in a loft in brooklyn we share with jacobin and the ford foundation will also have my alternative satirical paper that publishes in russian.

drwhat posted:

p.s. there are people who stare at charts and do some astrology-level bullshit with numbers. that is called "technical analysis". it is a complete waste of time.

(At Grenadier Financial)

me: Alright so Hillary Clinton sent troops to oversee elections in Cuba. What's our plan around this?

tpaine: Let me talk to her.

deadken (over skype): Hi guys. I'm in Belgrade. I haven't slept in four days. I couldn't hear what you two said but you should really all come to Yugoslavia, the parties are insane.

future widow: Shut the fuck up, Ken.

bhpn: Jesus. You people are repulsive. Shouldn't we be down there helping the insurgents instead of trying to making money of this?

skylark: I'll give you this $20 bill if you shut up for the rest of the day, bhpn.

bhpn: I'm probably the only one here that still cares about communism.

skylark: I'll give you $50.

bhpn: Deal.

Keven: I don't understand what my job is. I don't even understand how you make money. You just argue all day.

discipline: Guys, just popping in for a second, but I raided another series of CIA shell companies and put the money into the main portfolio.

Keven: What should I tell people that I do?
put me in the freaking skit. wtf
-

Edited by Chthonic_Goat_666 ()

piss posted:

The skit may not have included you, but my heart is full of piss.

getfiscal posted:

piss posted:

The skit may not have included you, but my heart is full of piss.

have you considered shipping books to me?

i guess everyone stopped reading for a couple of weeks.

i read To Our Friends by The Invisible Committee, which is a bunch of angry French anarchists being angry. it reads exactly like it sounds. but it's alright.
It just so happened I read through Introduction to Civil War by the Tiqqun Collective (of few of who's members are said to gone onto form the The Invisible Committee) last week and realized that it was even more Sorelian than I remembered.

Nor had I thought of before the implication of its harping on the figure of Bloom as the symbol of the Imperial citizen body which is marked out for "reduction and abasement."
trip report: I ended up explaining the whole of To Our Friends to my mom and she's now a french anarchist. thanks obama
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
billy blum is alive and well enough to have just published a new anti-empire report yesterday
i can't commit to a book so these are the ones i'm like a quarter of the way through:
- collection of speeches by Palmiro Togliatti
- Soviet book from 1970s about the practice of Soviet democracy
- re-reading A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Malkiel out of curiosity
- Submission by Houellebecq
- a book about the French journal Cahiers du cinema
- a pulpy non-fiction book about making checklists
- a 2002 edition of an Economist book about financial markets

I am also going to read a book called Pound Foolish which is about how almost the entire personal finance industry is a scam.
read the first two and burn the rest
ive been reading "the waves" by virginia the wolf. i think she's the GOAT. go read the waves
Halfway through Fanshen. The first 150 or so pages is just one endless description of the horror of feudal life in China, which is extremely my shit. Is there anything like Fanshen re: the USSR/collectivisation?
CHEVENGUR!

that would be the book about Rosa Luxembourg, a horse, solar communism, and total fucking victory in defeat

http://www.amazon.com/Chevengur-Andrei-Platonov/dp/0882333097

read the review
"Geniously written and absolutely terrifying. After you finish reading, you will have the feeling that either you or Platonov must be crazy and then you will realize with horror that the world he describes has a structure and you can even see how it is making sense. Reading "Chevengur" is an experience that you will find precious and that you will never dare to repeat. Don't try to read more than 100 pages a day, however, if you care for your sanity. The main point is that Chevengur is NOT a satire on Soviet reality and Platonov does share the views of his characters. If you can accept that fact, this is a book for you. Otherwise, don't bother to ever read Platonov"

HES RIGHT... also it is funny and "satirical" and amazing

fuck now I gotta make a wikipedia page in english for it

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Чевенгур

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/800586.Chevengur

heres this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Foundation_Pit

Platonov also has a short story collection I read thats all shit fucked from the civil war and is amazing if u want to know how to survive as a wife, child, husband, soldier, nurse, etc. in desperate fucking end-times

Here are the other greatest russian novels of all time:

Master & Margarita

Sanin

chickeon posted:

read the first two and burn the rest

read em all, burn em all, and send the ashes 2 me by posts