AN

in

bangladeshi or something

i just look at the pages

and am a sufi mystic dervish poet

tabarnak tabarnak tabarnak

3 1 3
i'm glad you became a good poster pink ninja
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/magazine/the-strange-case-of-anna-stubblefield.html

im reading this insane thing

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/magazine/the-strange-case-of-anna-stubblefield.htmlim reading this insane thing

This whole thing is fucked up.

i'm not even finished reading it yet. there's so much good shit in there

Those who do raise doubts about F.C. tend to go too far, she wrote in a 2011 paper for Disability Studies Quarterly: ‘‘Although opponents of F.C. present themselves as engaging in scientific debate, some instances of continuing anti-­F.C. expression meet the criteria to count as hate speech.’’ She conceded that there were studies showing that the method didn’t work, but there were others that indicated just the opposite. The skeptics’ dismissal of F.C., she argued, their insistence that it never works, could be taken as a form of ableist oppression.

i'm not even finished reading it yet. there's so much good shit in there

Those who do raise doubts about F.C. tend to go too far, she wrote in a 2011 paper for Disability Studies Quarterly: ‘‘Although opponents of F.C. present themselves as engaging in scientific debate, some instances of continuing anti-­F.C. expression meet the criteria to count as hate speech.’’ She conceded that there were studies showing that the method didn’t work, but there were others that indicated just the opposite. The skeptics’ dismissal of F.C., she argued, their insistence that it never works, could be taken as a form of ableist oppression.

I can empathize with a human becoming infatuated with another human under their care. It isn't ethical, but it is understandable. However the person with agency has a resposibility to not predate on the person in their care.

In this case, I do not empathize with her not backing down, and using her position as facilitator to fake a defense from him in her own grammar and word choice. At that point she transitions from flawed person to narcissistic monster.

that article brings out the fucked-up-peter-singer in me b/c just can't see "accidentally falling in love with yourself via a human ouija board" as morally or legally equivalent to the aggravated sexual assault of a normal person. the facts that make it a crime in the first place make it essentially beastiality
[account deactivated]

thirdplace posted:

"accidentally falling in love with yourself via a human ouija board"

lol

conec posted:

Gerard Prunier`s Africa's World War: Congo, the Rwandan Genocide, and the Making of a Continental Catastrophe

I recently read Prunier`s book on Darfur, which was good enough

Prunier seems accurate enough but there are some who view him as pro-US imperialist for acknowledging that the anti-Tutsi genocide happened. they say this in spite of the fact that he harshly criticizes the US-backed Kagame regime for its backing of proxy militias in the DRC and its illicit plundering of mineral resources.

[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

what is the book about checklists called?

getfiscal posted:

thirdplace posted:

"accidentally falling in love with yourself via a human ouija board"

lol

Yeah... That's good.

Iraff posted:

getfiscal posted:

what is the book about checklists called?

http://www.amazon.com/Checklist-Manifesto-How-Things-Right/dp/0312430000/

that F.C. thjing is written in a fucked up way seeming to assume the truth of her defense
i read that first. that article about the retardfucker. it's not fair. i could have posted it first had i had an internet connection and realized its OKAY to post normie shit from the New York Fucking Times of all places. its not fair

chickeon posted:

that F.C. thjing is written in a fucked up way seeming to assume the truth of her defense

it didnt come off that way to me, i think theres enough stuff in there to show that FC doesn't work and that stubblefield was deeply narcissistic/delusional. the only sympathetic part imo is that her sentence could be up to 40 years, which is obviously way over the top.

littlegreenpills posted:

i read that first. that article about the retardfucker. it's not fair. i could have posted it first had i had an internet connection and realized its OKAY to post normie shit from the New York Fucking Times of all places. its not fair

i posted it partially b/c ive been realising how easily the language of 'privilege' can be used for imperialist or exploitative purposes if you omit actual historical material analysis. this seems like its the apogee of that rhetoric since it ended in the sexual abuse of a disabled black man, while the abuser is an ethics professor who talks about disabled rights and white privilege.

i literally deleted my new york times quick link and no longer click any gawker, vice, nyt, etc. articles

also beastiality and whatever that woman did which was probably really bad are also permissible and possibly OK if u are not an idiot about things. im not going to argue on behalf of disabled/differently abled people or make crazy claims, but, uh, idk

someone link me something to get from the libary that is about the toyota war/libyan rev?

it ended in the sexual abuse of a disabled black man, while the abuser is an ethics professor who talks about disabled rights and white privilege.

you had me at ethics professor... that's a sign they should be fired into the sun immediately and left there for 400 years.

please don't fuck animals

conec posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

conec posted:

Gerard Prunier`s Africa's World War: Congo, the Rwandan Genocide, and the Making of a Continental Catastrophe

I recently read Prunier`s book on Darfur, which was good enough

Prunier seems accurate enough but there are some who view him as pro-US imperialist for acknowledging that the anti-Tutsi genocide happened. they say this in spite of the fact that he harshly criticizes the US-backed Kagame regime for its backing of proxy militias in the DRC and its illicit plundering of mineral resources.

why would acknowledging Rwandan genocide make him a pro-US imperialist? The US were more interested in saving the silverback gorillas and the Tonya Harding controversy than they were concerned with genocide in Rwanda. is it because the US had supported Tutsis prior to the genocide? The US had full information of who was orchestrating the genocide, and had even been in contact with them, but still didn't do anything. I don`t really view Prunier as a "pro-US imperialist" but I suppose I haven`t actually read why people think this about him.

Actually the US created the 'genocide' which in reality was an invasion by U.S. backed contras of a sovereign African nation which was attempting modest programs of redistribution and national independence. They then used 'hutus' and 'tutsis' as time-immemorial groups to justify the slaughter as the natural result of African savagery. I hope this sounds familiar since Rwanda was in many ways the model of Libya and Syria.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/03/21/the-real-lesson-of-the-rwandan-tragedy/

[account deactivated]
i'll buy babyhueypnewton a ticket to rwanda to say that to some rwandan's faces if he wants...

also i'm reading + signing a copy of Playing at the World for my old Dungeon Master/Game Master who i'm meeting for lunch

also my revolutionary ARG/LARP/party of one, table to dance on for 3 is already in total fucking unstoppable motion,

and my dad just told me "our lives are on hold until you get treatment" lmao like i didn't go to 3 fucking different psychiatrists just for my anxious overprotective mom...

alright fuck the USA

im still in Los Angeles

but may be moving soon

if i don't get 7 jobs, one for each day of the week

and start making cash on cash

to send in the mail to the proletariat or people like you who deserve it too.

LETS SELLOUT TOGETHER

anyways

roll 3d6

the number is how

much

love there is for everyone, including you

someone get me tpaines address so i can send him the beer i owe him

thats true, but you can be thrown in jail for lots of things. for instance, if i were to advocate for the overthrow of the united states federal government, id be violating a law that was passed so long ago that a social democrat held office
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

it`s just false information. if any western power was culpable in orchestrating the rwandan genocide, it would be france - who directly supported the rwandan army, as well as the interahamwe. they provided arms, training, and logistical support - france also blocked the international community/the UN from intervening in rwanda. french soldiers even took part in the killing.

all white people countries are defacto satrapies of the USA tbf

NoFreeWill posted:

and my dad just told me "our lives are on hold until you get treatment"

your crazy posting just got a lot more depressing :/

the datura may have been a bad idea.

littlegreenpills posted:

all white people countries are defacto satrapies of the USA tbf

France had a history of seeking a somewhat independent path in foreign affairs from the US & UK before Sarkozy entered office. granted this often just meant supporting a different set of right-wing dictators...

ilmdge posted:

NoFreeWill posted:

and my dad just told me "our lives are on hold until you get treatment"

your crazy posting just got a lot more depressing :/

the datura may have been a bad idea.

Hi, I'm forums poster liberalstomper58

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
im looking for books or websites that talk about something kind of specific. the liberals i talk to all have a really stupid dream-version of europe in their heads (scandinavia and the netherlands come up a lot) and they constantly invoke it as proof that capitalism cant be the root of social ills because look at the netherlands, they have the highest Happiness Quotient and they have capitalism etc. etc. and they all use it to argue that liberal reformism is the light Vote Sanders and so on. are there any books that talk about why these places are actually hell holes. or are they not hell holes?? are they just bourgeois European paradises built with third-world blood?
[account deactivated]

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/magazine/the-strange-case-of-anna-stubblefield.htmlim reading this insane thing

talk about "manufacturing consent"!

conec posted:

they are hell holes now bcos of all the immigrants there lmao. sweden is now the "rape capital" of the world. germany`s economy will suffer immensely in the years to come bcos of all the asylum seekers - currently the government is paying 1,000 per month for each immigrant

please tell me this is a mustang hack.

HenryKrinkle posted:

conec posted:

they are hell holes now bcos of all the immigrants there lmao. sweden is now the "rape capital" of the world. germany`s economy will suffer immensely in the years to come bcos of all the asylum seekers - currently the government is paying 1,000 per month for each immigrant

[account deactivated]
sweden is the world's "rape capital" because the police are trusted and women report rape way more than virtually any other country. the real increase in rape is obviously impacted by immigrants from violent countries, but it owes much more to comprehensive police data than the barbaric muslim hordes
e;fb
obviously an influx of asylum seekers causes societal problems, but the same could be said about germany's tiny population growth rate and shrinking labor force. germany is rich but lacking in cheap labor, so paying now to build up foreign laborers follows. it's like the us paying off the taliban rather than fighting them: it obviously won't work in the long term, but throwing your excess of money for a short return is comparatively "rational" in neoliberal terms