I find it very relaxing to comb through used bookstores in Toronto. A recent good find was a collection of pre-WW2 Soviet plays for $3. I have access to a university library but it's fun to do this and cheaper than having a wife and house.
This is a good policy on the supposed burden of refugees from a friend of mine:

31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
32 For if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you?
Even sinners love those who love them.
33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you?
Even sinners do the same.

getfiscal posted:

31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
32 For if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you?
Even sinners love those who love them.
33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you?
Even sinners do the same.

sounds like a cuck

shut the fuck uppppp lgp
lgp reconciled with his wife after her adultery, maintaining the sanctity of the holy sacrament of marriage, what have you ever done?
what should i read before next year? a book by diego gambetta on the sicillian mafia or a book about the construction of objectivity in science?
imo read a decent narrative history of the late mafia like excellent cadavers before something like gambetta

jools posted:

lgp reconciled with his wife after her adultery, maintaining the sanctity of the holy sacrament of marriage, what have you ever done?

we're all sadbrains here, that's just a fact in being a Red in YOOL 2k15, but he's like if an anti-communist middle-aged Eeoyore could post and I think he's like 23 lol

***mopes around*** my wifeeeeeee (((stubs toe)))no one likes my jokes or me <<<eats a piece of raw cabbage by accident>>>> conec be my frienddd

lgp you should listen to hype-music like reggaeton or something more often, that might help your funk

btw started rereading some of the Lil' Red Book again too

[account deactivated]

jools posted:

duhhhhhhhhhhhhh these people largely coming from what was previously a middle-income country with good education have no idea how to wash their balls duuuhhhhhh i am a pork-munching american who can't open a window without an instruction manual and a hydraulic lift to render me vertical

dude you went from defending the syrian proletariat to making fun of the american working class

wow the conecbot is really bad lol

dude you went from defending the syrian proletariat to making fun of the american working class

read http://onkwehonwerising.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/settlers-mythology-of-the-white-proletariat.pdf

[account deactivated]
still, i don't think we should make fun of the contemporary working class

TheIneff posted:

lgp you should listen to hype-music like reggaeton or something more often, that might help your funk

the last person who said this to me was literally On Heroin so no

you dismiss an entire genre of music because the person was on drugs?

methlabretriever posted:

you dismiss an entire genre of music because the person was on drugs?

#justlgpthings

methlabretriever posted:

jools posted:

duhhhhhhhhhhhhh these people largely coming from what was previously a middle-income country with good education have no idea how to wash their balls duuuhhhhhh i am a pork-munching american who can't open a window without an instruction manual and a hydraulic lift to render me vertical

actually i'm making fun of the american middle class, and defending what is mostly the syrian middle class

no just curious

jools posted:

methlabretriever posted:

jools posted:

actually i'm making fun of the american middle class, and defending what is mostly the syrian middle class

there's a middle class?

jools posted:

imo read a decent narrative history of the late mafia like excellent cadavers before something like gambetta

thanks!

idk man maybe like joyful waterfall sounds or andrew w.k. or zoloft or heroin, something. tpaine voice - life's a beach
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

everybody calm the fuck down. obama got this

wb jools
[account deactivated]
wb jools

a book about the construction of objectivity in science?

this sounds good, what's it called?

"objectivity" by lorraine daston (and peter galison i think?)

jools posted:

reading this knowing about stuff like gladio and P2 is really strange because it shows up every now and then but so far seems to be staying on the sidelines which seems very strange to me. its a lot of fun tho!

well, the thing about "respectable" sociology like gambetta is it basically won't appear at all
also watch Il Divo, that's fun, p2 comes up rather more but gladio is completely bracketed out
Land and Agrarian Reform in Zimbabwe : Beyond White-Settler Capitalism

best book on Zimbabwe that I know of (not an expert) and it's all free online:

http://www.codesria.org/spip.php?article1779

jools posted:

well, the thing about "respectable" sociology like gambetta is it basically won't appear at all

do you have any recs on some other sources?

conec posted:

there have been cases of refugees deserting their kids at pharmacies after being told they need to pay a fee for their prescriptions

my uncle in romania told me that gypsies will throw their babies at you, just so they can steal your wallet or purse. then, since it's europe, you are also legally required to raise the demon child as your own.

Thoughts on Defeat of Solidarity?
Is it a good book to impress potential mates with?
Anyone read The Great Leader and the Fighter Pilot?
no. what's it about?
Thanks for asking, white noise sock puppet

Here is a clip I took from the internet:

As Kim ascended from Soviet puppet to godlike ruler, No Kum Sok noisily pretended to love his Great Leader. That is, until he swiped a Soviet MiG-15 and delivered it to the Americans, not knowing they were offering a $100,000 bounty for the warplane (the equivalent of nearly one million dollars today). The theft—just weeks after the Korean War ended in July 1953—electrified the world and incited Kim’s bloody vengeance.

During the Korean War the United States brutally carpet bombed the North, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians and giving the Kim dynasty, as Harden reveals, the fact-based narrative it would use to this day to sell paranoia and hatred of Americans.

Drawing on documents from Chinese and Russian archives about the role of Mao and Stalin in Kim’s shadowy rise, as well as from never-before-released U.S. intelligence and interrogation files,

So its about demagoguery on both sides of the parallel. Obv. written in the west for the west, but with some interesting history as well. I talks about re-appropriated japanese infrastructure and other fun things

ordered this from a leftwing malaysian bookstore and this is the bookmark it came with