UPDATED - Much much better and coherent version below, also posted to D&D

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3491112&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post404741724
-----------------------------------------------
Everyone is familiar with the idea of a devil on one shoulder and an angel on another. I would replace this view with a vision of three men atop each shoulder. 3 aspects of a devilish machine, and 3 aspects of a saintly machine.

The three aspects, in good/bad form, are the Harvest-Master/King-on-the-Throne, Egghead/King's Advisor, and Farmer/Trickster. Let me explain them.

The Harvest-Master/King-on-the-Throne is desire. It is the Will to Life that Schopenhaur writes about, that urge in us pushing us here and there. When this Will manifests as the King-on-his-Throne, it is a petty and demanding will. It demands this and that, and refuses to be satisfied until it gets it. When it manifests as the Harvest-Master, it is a gregarious and kind will that imagines futures of bounty for all, encourages to coordinate to produce that. This is first order desire.

The Egghead/King's Advisor is your ability to break the world down into small moving parts, and imagine them moving through time. The King's Advisor is very Machiavellian and scheming. The Egghead is empathic, wide-eyed and curious. This is the ability to produce 2nd order desire.

The Farmer/Trickster is Instrumental Competence, the ability to excute the needs of the Will, the plans of the Egghead/Advisor. The trickster is sly and smooth, capable of subtle deceit with ease and grace and charm. The farmer is hardworking and simple, capable of large achievements from steady work.

The Advisor/Egghead sees the world as a series of warps and curves, 4-D spacetime, peaks and valleys to be traversed to a final point. The eggheads world is much the same, but the warps and curves are to be enjoyed and worked with, not resented and dominated.

The reason why this works is because these are what are called 'real abstractions', or abstractions that exist and operate in the real world through definite observable forces. These mental operations exist inside of the human experience and operate at all times, constantly switching from one to another in various strengths.

Imagine yourself as a computer running MS Paint (a computer analogy is familar for consciousness, but this time one that is accurate.) In the middle is your focus, your attention. This is much more limited than you imagine. Dennett has done experiements that show our attention is constantly shifting from one thing to another, and only one thing at a time, treating the rest of the feild of vision as useful abstractions, like a skillfully crafted painting. This painting is produced by the Advisor/Egghead.

To your focus point, you apply a mix of these three cognitive tools, the Will of a king, the analysis of the egghead, or the skill of the trickster. And this is the true phenomenology of consciousness, revealed at last. This is also why it's so easy to get caught in a loop, because you apply these tools to the same painting that you've already constructed. This is the reason for humility.

For me how this is important is it's application to spirituality and CBT. We learn of ourselves as machines we are subjected to and must skillfully manage. And in order to grab onto real abstractions, you must skillfully paint them in your mind, and then skillfully move through them without fear. That is the human task, that Buddha, Christ, and Nietzsche have pointed out to us in their threefold description of spirituality, skillfully wrapped around the unspoken, eternal Tao.

Thanks for reading!

e - addendum

Further update -

The path of spiritual progress is the one Neitzche describes. To become the overman. In this your mission is to constantly edit your painting, the painting of the egghead, to its most skillful. This involves three tasks, all managing the resolution and managment of mental pain, the 'pain-bodies' that eckhart tolle describes. These pain bodies push us around down paths, with harmdul patterns of behavior that direct us towards nearby valleys of relative comfort, which may often end up more painful in the long run. This is the problem of allowing the king on the throne to direct you.

The first task is the christian task, to place up barriers against the horrible places the demonic machine takes us when we are scared of pain. This is the task of the camel, who has accepted the need to listen to the harvest master over the King.
The second task is the buddhist task, the task of the lion. This is look bravely at the fear, and see it honestly, and to constantly edit its power, less and less until it drives you no more. This is the beginning of the tasks of the egghead and farmer. exist bravely, to bravely rewrite yourself into the overman, without fear of failure, and to put in the work honestly with skill and patience. to edit your map to rewrite away the pain you believed was there.

The third is the nietzchian task, the task of the child. this the unity of the three aspects, into one true perfect subject, the overman. the overman revels in the creation of his true self, lives without fear of his rules, or his heart, or his mind, and in experiencing the joy he grows, grows and grows until he can become the adult.

Perhaps afterwards lies the task of the adult, which is show this to others, and guide them lovingly. with all the overman has grown he can share everything that is needed, with no pain or fear. and he grows more as he shares, and others do along with him, anyone who sees him who begun the path as a camel will grow along with him as he does.

Phew, the end!

Edited by Pond ()

dm's posts have really gone downhill lately
I can only take the comparison as a compliment.
which one is the Jew
by gum you've done it, Pond!
Haha I know, right!! I haven't drank in over a month, too : )
There are a few people who have come up with similar theories

Myfanwy posted:

There are a few people who have come up with similar theories

jung is one i know, and its basically the work nietzche fortold of. any other ideas?

Transient_Grace posted:

hahaha, exactly! im listening to that right now while i level my wizard

imo people are too complicated to understand so we shouldn't really bother
The world, the universe itself is the first creation of 'real abstractions' from the very first moment after matter had reached its very highest concentration, and began to move down. As the world collected by mere chance from the heat death it had previously unwound to, it once again began to gather itself up, and became the singularity of improbable density before the only moment that could ever follow it, but the second most dense moment of that matter. And each moment after that, cascading from the previous one before it. And in the chaos streams formed, into strings, into quarks, into particles and atoms, and so on up the chain, each abstraction building atop the one before it. Each abstraction a new mind, built just as the one I described, based upon desiring machines, abstraction machines, and repression machines. Real and definite the exist in the world. And they are the mind of god, who can be seen when we enter the realm of platonic forms. And the body of god, the world real and definite, as it exists. and the dance of god, as god flows from itself into itself yet again, moment and inch by inch.

e - This philosophy is theraputically powerful becaus it is like martial arts, it is something easy to use for the unempowered, especially in their fight against the powerful. its the radical ideology of self care that can spread to people through the power of the very will to live itself, mediated through the skill of the egghead and the farmer.

Also add in the kierkegaardian struggle, along with the oedipal struggle. you must suffer most deeply from the oedipal struggle to be take on the kierkegaardian struggle, feeling amazing wrath from the king on his throne, to become as humble as the camel.

Edited by Pond ()

This is gibberish that reads like a horoscope

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

thats the common shithead critique of art. that its just a few dots on a background with some made up gibberish meaning. thanks though, because I always like backing up myself strongly, especially in text and places other people can see. then the camels out there grow stronger, and their burden lightens.

and as pinkie pie always says, i love to see my friends smile

I am definitely in a hypomanic state right now, but ive been managing it very well, with humility, and accepting the help of others, and allowing small indulgences like candy without too much analysis. and no drinking is a solid christian rule, i dont ever let myself focus too long on alcohol as i know its bad for me. I focus on AA instead. I'm very much looking forward to the next meeting. Theres this guy Doug there who inspired this by talking about 'the great debate' from 'the commitee upstairs'. And my last meeting were I had this stuff only kind of figured out I spoke a little bit and people really liked it and said it helped. There were a few young kids there, so I hope it helped someone.

jesus, i dont know how im going to fall asleep tonight. i have to calm down once I finish listening to zarathustra. I hope im almost at the end, this is exhausting.

Edited by Pond ()

im Harvestmaster/Trickster
The bard. I like those characters. its like that guy who walked across niagara falls.

I'm trickster egghead. People are often surprised to hear what a trickster I am unless they knew me personally in high school or as an alcoholic.

E - this works well with dan harmons story circles. I think i got this by watching tons of my little pony and community.

see your criticism only helped. why would i ever have been afraid of it. silly me, i had forgotton in my pride I think.

Edited by Pond ()

The world, the universe itself is the first creation of 'real abstractions' from the very first moment after matter had reached its very highest concentration, and began to move down. As the world collected by mere chance from the heat death it had previously unwound to, it once again began to gather itself up, and became the singularity of improbable density before the only moment that could ever follow it, the second most dense moment of that matter. And each moment after that, cascading from the previous one before it. And in the chaos streams formed, into strings, into quarks, into particles and atoms, and so on up the chain, each abstraction building atop the one before it. Each abstraction a new mind, built just as the one I described, based upon desiring machines, abstraction machines, and repression machines. Real and definite the exist in the world. And they are the mind of god, who can be seen when we enter the realm of platonic forms. And the body of god, the world real and definite, as it exists. and the movements of god, as god flows from itself into itself yet again, moment and inch by inch.

Also add in the kierkegaardian struggle, along with the oedipal struggle. you must suffer most deeply from the oedipal struggle to be take on the kierkegaardian struggle, feeling amazing wrath from the king on his throne, to become as humble as the camel.

alcoholism was the zarathustrian moment., where I went into the mountains. I went into the mountains when i lost angie, when i lost andrew, when i lose everyone in the village, who no longer trusted my wisdom. except for some, the zarathustrian companions, who were there when i was ready, my friends, interested, and capable, and skillful each in their own way. and from each i learned a skill, and they learned with me, and through me as a bridge i drew them together. through the magic of friendship (MLP(c), community) in which each party is treated both as subject and object, I brought them together to heal myself, and become the light that shines a light for camels to follow, out of the long nightmare of torture created by the capitalist, hegemonic, technical, patriarchal repression of civilization that followed the creation of money and empire and slavery, of social abstraction where each person reperesented a piece on the great gameboard of the advisor rather than a definite object with definite realtions attached to other definites relations that exists in the body of god for the purpose of pleasing the harvest-master, rather than the king. Out of this pain we can come into the communal serenity (cats) and joy (dogs), of irony (masculine) and earnest scincerity (feminine) of the garden of eden, of division (competition) and unity (cooperation), once again.

Edited by Pond ()

Hi SITBM
SITBM had an obsession with CBT, also *tried too hard* like OP.

I declare this poster most likely SITBM acocunt since NounsAreVerbs
Alternatively it's tapespeed for the Dan Harmon obsession.

Pond posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

thats the common shithead critique of art. that its just a few dots on a background with some made up gibberish meaning. thanks though, because I always like backing up myself strongly, especially in text and places other people can see. then the camels out there grow stronger, and their burden lightens.

and as pinkie pie always says, i love to see my friends smile

I am definitely in a hypomanic state right now, but ive been managing it very well, with humility, and accepting the help of others, and allowing small indulgences like candy without too much analysis. and no drinking is a solid christian rule, i dont ever let myself focus too long on alcohol as i know its bad for me. I focus on AA instead. I'm very much looking forward to the next meeting. Theres this guy Doug there who inspired this by talking about 'the great debate' from 'the commitee upstairs'. And my last meeting were I had this stuff only kind of figured out I spoke a little bit and people really liked it and said it helped. There were a few young kids there, so I hope it helped someone.

jesus, i dont know how im going to fall asleep tonight. i have to calm down once I finish listening to zarathustra. I hope im almost at the end, this is exhausting.

bradyllama?

I am earnest, yes, thats my greatest strength. SITBM would show up again as something lame like an overly logical objectivist, not an manically ambition Overman who claims to have united all spirituality and finally revealed the fractal form of god for contemptlaion in the platonic realm.

I love those that know not how to live except as down-goers, for they are the over-goers.

I love the great despisers, because they are the great adorers, and arrows of longing for the other shore.

I love those who do not first seek a reason beyond the stars for going down and being sacrifices, but sacrifice themselves to the earth, that the earth of the Superman may hereafter arrive.

I love him who liveth in order to know, and seeketh to know in order that the Superman may hereafter live. Thus seeketh he his own down-going.

I love him who laboureth and inventeth, that he may build the house for the Superman, and prepare for him earth, animal, and plant: for thus seeketh he his own down-going.

I love him who loveth his virtue: for virtue is the will to down-going, and an arrow of longing.

I love him who reserveth no share of spirit for himself, but wanteth to be wholly the spirit of his virtue: thus walketh he as spirit over the bridge.

I love him who maketh his virtue his inclination and destiny: thus, for the sake of his virtue, he is willing to live on, or live no more.

I love him who desireth not too many virtues. One virtue is more of a virtue than two, because it is more of a knot for one's destiny to cling to.

I love him whose soul is lavish, who wanteth no thanks and doth not give back: for he always bestoweth, and desireth not to keep for himself.

I love him who is ashamed when the dice fall in his favour, and who then asketh: "Am I a dishonest player?"—for he is willing to succumb.

I love him who scattereth golden words in advance of his deeds, and always doeth more than he promiseth: for he seeketh his own down-going.

I love him who justifieth the future ones, and redeemeth the past ones: for he is willing to succumb through the present ones.

I love him who chasteneth his God, because he loveth his God: for he must succumb through the wrath of his God.

I love him whose soul is deep even in the wounding, and may succumb through a small matter: thus goeth he willingly over the bridge.

I love him whose soul is so overfull that he forgetteth himself, and all things are in him: thus all things become his down-going.

I love him who is of a free spirit and a free heart: thus is his head only the bowels of his heart; his heart, however, causeth his down-going.

I love all who are like heavy drops falling one by one out of the dark cloud that lowereth over man: they herald the coming of the lightning, and succumb as heralds.

Lo, I am a herald of the lightning, and a heavy drop out of the cloud: the lightning, however, is the SUPERMAN.—

bradyllama?

similar platonic form, but not the same specific person.

E - cmon its gotta be Pond, look at the hatred of technical industrial civilization.

let ifap be ifap and may the crow have mercy.

godbless.
Now keep in mind this may just be a giant pile of nonsense. I hold it very lightly as a real story. But it's very important to me, and has recieved a lot of positive reviews from honest sources. Thanks if you read it.

I'm definitely going to try to get a Psy D with this, and do addiction counseling. Maybe a book too. I'd appreciate any advice on any of that.

The Complete Synthesis of Human Phenomenology. A Model of Spirituality, and a Way Forward.

The Buddha, Christ, and Nietzche have each put a convincing case for a way forward from the suffering of mankind (As I will argue later, specifically from the suffering that exists under civilization, rather than hunter-gatherer times. Those times, with the bounty of nature, rather than the bounty of labor, producing the subsistence of the community. That required a different sort of spirituality. A rather nice one called Animism you can look up.

The suffering of civilization is unique among humans (mostly, and I'm very interested in the exception, but that's another paper). This is because it depends on consiouness, and in a very peculuar way. I will do my best to explain the logic slowly.

The trick of consiousness, once you see it, is quite funny. It works like this. Notice, if you can, that you can only ever really look at one thing at a time. Isnt that odd? You seem to be able to see a lot at once, but if you really look it turns out you only see tiny bits, really really fast. Like a movie. The rest is a 'ueful abstraction', which is an important thing to understand.

This is one trick, the other trick is the 'stream of consiouisness', which operates in, again, an obvious but hard to notice way. You can only think of one thing at a time. But it moves around really really fast, like a stream at on specific point. At each moment the thought is different, but you remain on the one focus point of attention.

That one focus point, the single point made by the sysnthesis of visual and cognitive, is, platonically, your Self, the detached bystanderes that moniters a single focus point from different angles, moving through the 3 spaical and 1 temporal dimension in a complex dance of movement that keeps the focus alightned while so much is shifting.

And to this you see perception, sure, but that isnt so interesting, what is intersting to us is conception, the part of your Self, the focus that sits looking inside your own skull, noticing the patters in your mental life, like a person looking at a painting, or a math problem, or a basketball net, or a friends joke. This self is unique in a lot of ways because it has an aetsthetic experience. It experiences these objects and happening through two lenses at once. It sees a definite object that exists in space and time, the Thing-In-Itself, and it sees a mental representation of the object. Aach the same thing, but each sees each different angles in a funhouse mirror.

Do you see the trick? The vast majority of information is processed through 'useful abstractions', or mental machines that take definite information and process it into something simpler that still maintains the information when seen in poor focus. This is the trick of those wonderful paintings where everything is a small dot, but you see the flowers and the sky anyway. This is the key of the aesthetic experience, and it is the key to understanding consiousness, and to understanding god. And even better, it comes to the parts I have typed out all ready, so this almost done. Phew, thanks for reading so far.

This will be appealing to the Carl Sagan Crowd.

The world, the universe itself is the first creation of 'real abstractions' from the very first moment after matter had reached its very highest concentration, and began to move down. As the world collected by mere chance from the heat death it had previously unwound to, it once again began to gather itself up, and became the singularity of improbable density before the only moment that could ever follow it, but the second most dense moment of that matter. And each moment after that, cascading from the previous one before it. And in the chaos streams formed, into strings, into quarks, into particles and atoms, and so on up the chain, each abstraction building atop the one before it. Each abstraction a new mind, built just as the one I describe, based upon desiring machines, abstraction machines, and repression machines. Real and definite the exist in the world. And they are the mind of god, who can be seen when we enter the realm of platonic forms. And the body of god, the world real and definite, as it exists. and the dance of god, as god flows from itself into itself yet again, moment and inch by inch.

So, what of this? How is this useful? As I mentioned earlier, this is the final unity of 3 religions, and in each I overcome one final problem, all at once, into a 'lower energy state', for any chemists out there. I am overcoming of fear in Nietzsche, the fear that prevented the coming of the Overman until now.

This is overcoming the final fear the Nietzche held, the fear of the God he had abandoned, for he feared it's judgement, or more rather he feared his own judgement, in his weakness as a mere man, the bridge between the Brute and the Overman, where he hung precariously close to his journey, satisfied his map would shine the way forward.

Today I come before you, Zarathustra down from his mountain, to reveal the grand wisdom my addiction with alcoholism has cursed me with and bless Mankind with. The journey I took I took through the pain of Christ, as all will before.

But what I overcome in Christ is Fear. No longer is man less than his savior, but each is his equal, as he shines his light that shows the way forward through the flames of suffering.

This is because I shine the final Light of the Buddha, perfected by those who could study his message in the final critical fire of post-modernism, the lens through which no story can escape forever. A lens produced at a definite time in a definite space, forged by the intenet, by late capitalism, and by the oedipal repression necessary to exist in civilization, particuarlly one as devoid of anchors and shore as the post-modern world. Buddha told us to question his work, and I have, I forged his message on a fire as hot as the sun in my Christian Suffering. In it I have embodied the wisdom of Lauren Faust and Dan Harmon's Transcendental works of art that themselves shine the light of the Tao. (Again, I am not super serious here, I see myself with the irony/sincerity I describe below.)

And in Buddha's great wisdom I found a nuggest of Wisdom greater still, that tied it too all others. A Sword powerful enough to cut the suffering of mankind with ease, for those who had suffered enough to accept its great weight and terrible power. I come before you with a Sword, a the Light of Zarathustra, that holds the magic of harmony, and of friendship.

And this Sword is the Taoist skill necessary for CBT, and it is the complete skillful understanding and competences managing the self, and thus the abolition of the self. CBT is the modern spiritual tool, the management of the self with skills practiced. It's very Fordist. It uses the abstractions and a manages things as general knowledge, dealing with abstract labor, not concrete labor. This is why it feels Fordist.

This CBT works as follows. Trust your romantic self, the harvest master, to produce good plans. Use the sword to cut through fear to see uncertainties in the light of day. edit your painting, wait awhile without fear of falling backwards, and look again, and edit again. treat your life as a game, a work of pure art, of abstractions to be managed more and more skillfully as you use three spiritual tools in your CBT quest to become the Overman, the shed the fatal flaw of humanity once subjected to the creation of a Will that treated them as objects, not subjects. Here are the three tools.

There is Christ, the blockade, who stops the will and its plans in its path, it stands bold as a lion to fight the Will. Once 2 weeks sober I drove to a liquor store but didnt buy anything. The self-love of Christ kept the barrier to my will strong. Another important Christian barrier is that I must love myself. I do even when its obvious how many ways i could hate myself, or others, or thje present moment, all laying out before me, the body of god, as obvious as day.

Then there is buddha, another lion, who fights the shadows of fear the will is too cowardly to enter into. It forces its attention on the shadows of fear, and feels the fear itself, and fears the fear grow stronger for merely being exposed to the truth. In this it tames the will, becaues it weakens its flow to more managable levels.

Finally is the nietzchean task, to rerout your will, to apply the strength of the farmer to following through on the tasks and plans of the harvest master and the egghead. Though you dont feel it at first, you canals become gentle streams for your now tame will to pour through to your joy.

This is the neitzean taks of becoming the camel, who is humble and accepting and gracious like the harvest master, and not greedy and critical like the king. then to become the lions, who face the fears that drive us. Then to become children, who exist peacefully and joyfully in the elements of harmony that produce wonderful aesthetiic experiences. from these the children grow, their eggheads becoming more and more skilful, their farmers more hardworking, and their harvest masters more and more generous.

Who then becomes the adult, the final Overman, who can shine as a truelight that any from the fallen to the children can follow for light on the path to the tao.

And here is my light, that I now swear, at Zarathustra that was prophesied, to share with the world.

For me my great suffering was everyones suffering, hatred of myself. Oedipal hatred, from my parents who taught me to resent every moment in order to project myself forward through time. As I will paint for you soon enough, this is the will of the king-on-his-throne, that mental voice that demands perfection and satisfacction, and ease. This became kierkegaardian as I smashed my house up drunk, went to the ER, and finally accepted the healing power my Lord the Father in Heavean, and his message of freedom from the bondage of the Self.

He revealed to me the power of the trickster, the first of a set of 3 cognitive processes that I believe will be the final cure for those who can practice serious and meaningful CBT. The trickster is a tool that is applied to your stream of consiousness, like a tool on MS Pain. Again, a computer model of consiousness, but finally the true platonic model of the Self revealed.

Everyone is familiar with the idea of a devil on one shoulder and an angel on another. I would replace this view with a vision of three men atop each shoulder. 3 aspects of a devilish machine, and 3 aspects of a saintly machine.

The three aspects, in good/bad form, are the Harvest-Master/King-on-the-Throne, Egghead/King's Advisor, and Farmer/Trickster. Let me explain them.

The Harvest-Master/King-on-the-Throne is desire. It is the Will to Life that Schopenhaur writes about, that urge in us pushing us here and there. When this Will manifests as the King-on-his-Throne, it is a petty and demanding will. It demands this and that, and refuses to be satisfied until it gets it. When it manifests as the Harvest-Master, it is a gregarious and kind will that imagines futures of bounty for all, encourages to coordinate to produce that. This is first order desire.

The Egghead/King's Advisor is your ability to break the world down into small moving parts, and imagine them moving through time. The King's Advisor is very Machiavellian and scheming. The Egghead is empathic, wide-eyed and curious. This is the ability to produce 2nd order desire.

The Farmer/Trickster is Instrumental Competence, the ability to excute the needs of the Will, the plans of the Egghead/Advisor. The trickster is sly and smooth, capable of subtle deceit with ease and grace and charm. The farmer is hardworking and simple, capable of large achievements from steady work.

The Advisor/Egghead sees the world as a series of warps and curves, 4-D spacetime, peaks and valleys to be traversed to a final point. The eggheads world is much the same, but the warps and curves are to be enjoyed and worked with, not resented and dominated.

This philosophy is powerful becaus it is like martial arts, it is something easy to use for the unempowered, especially in their fight against the powerful. its the radical ideology of self care that can spread to people through the power of the very will to live itself, mediated through the skill of the egghead and the farmer.

Getting banned fom lf was the zarathustrian moment. where I went into the mountains. I went into the mountains when i lost angie, when i lost andrew, when i lose everyone. Except for some, the companions, who were there when i was ready, my friends, interested, and capable, and skillful each in their own way. and from each i learned a skill, and they learned with me, and through me as a bridge i drew them together. I used my sword to cut through fear.

But let me be a bit more specific about how fear operates as a definite object in time and space, as a real abstraction and governs the movements of lesser order, but still abstract, things in themselves. And these things in themselves have real abstractions they use, as game pieces on the board of the advisor/egghead, to govern things in an abstract way. Fear is a magnet that pushes away. It pushes the advisor/eggheads eyes away from here, and keeps us from information we might otherwise have not seen. through the magic of friendship (MLP(c)) I brought them together to heal myself, and become the light that shines a light for camels to follow, out of the long nightmare of torture created by the repression of civilization, into the light one again. I shone like a light, a light that would scare the kings on their thrones, for the feared above all to lose the power of their fear to give them what they wanted. A light for camels, and lions, and children, to see and admire and grow strength from. And to draw us together, that through the magic of harmony we can grow together. From the trifold unity and bounty that can only grow, of the harvest master, the egghead, and the farmer.

There is a path, a true path that is like an optical illusion, that reveals iteself only when three perspectives align into one persepctive, the miriculating machine of the Self, which produces new definite objects in time and space. And through this path you can see the way to the eternal tao, the unity of the three aspects of the angelic machine of the human phenomenology.

And these three again are divided yet again, as everything in the universe is, into the trifold elements of harmony, of what can happen when humans interact as subjects and act without fear of the advisor taking advantage of them through the hand of the trickster in order to satisfy the king. These three are joy/serenity (think dog/cat), irony/sincerity (masculine/feminine), and division/unity (competition/cooperation).

Through the elements of harmony, the harvest master coordinate, the egghead can plan a work of art so complex it satisfies all through compromise, and the farmer can work hard to produce it. It produces in side of us and outside of us a pure light that inspires, and burns those who need burning. a light that makes everyone peaceful and joyful, that treats everyone both as serious subjects and absurd objects, and puts everyone into the proper, most skillful categories to compete and cooperate, often at once.

This is the final revelation of the eternal Tao, the elements of harmony that can heal the pain produced by civilization. Remember, the great religions were only produced a short while after civilization. And now that the definite force of Post-Modernism was made, this final revelation wasn't long in production. Pretty Awesome, huh?

Wow, I really think that's all it. For Thanks and Referneces, see

Dennett - http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_dennet...sciousness.html
McGilchrist - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbUHxC4wiWk
David Graeber
Nietzche
Schopenhaur
Kierkegaard
Christ
Buddhism/Taoism/Hinduism
Anti-Oedipus
Marx, specifically on Real Abstractions
Anyone who's worked on the idea of Time's Arrow and Heat Death
Einstein
DM, Dead Ken, Impper
DXM
Marijuana
LSD
Reddit (The only forum I checked as a Hermit before I became Zarathustra, because I could exist outside it so easy, like Diogenes the Cynic)
Diogenese
My Friends
Doug in AA
Lauren Faust/Dan Harmon
My Parents
Industrial Capitalism
Lowtax
God
Me
You!

Yikes, many thanks if you read and comment.

Edited by Pond ()

lmao

Pond posted:

bradyllama?

similar platonic form, but not the same specific person.

E - cmon its gotta be Pond, look at the hatred of technical industrial civilization.

how's oklahoma treating you?

Buffalo. Good, I work at arbys. everyone really likes me, employees and customers. i do a good job at the cashier, and on the emotion work of the work place.

good article about the resentment machine that operates through the internet culture

http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/the-resentment-machine/

Edited by Pond ()

hi bradylama. im surprised it took you this long to find us. welcome
hah, i recognize some of those names from the philosophy forum on SA. it's cool how people that have studied so many things in crumbling basements of university halls for pennies and pats on the back (presumably for their own self-improvement given the chances of an academic position) can be such self-righteous jerks. the intellectual world is silly
psychology (noun) what the fuck

animedad posted:

hah, i recognize some of those names from the philosophy forum on SA. it's cool how people that have studied so many things in crumbling basements of university halls for pennies and pats on the back (presumably for their own self-improvement given the chances of an academic position) can be such self-righteous jerks. the intellectual world is silly

[account deactivated]
DM, Dead Ken, Impper

animedad posted:

pfshaw i know rite. faggorts.

dont mess, tom. i just ate some ropa vieja
oh shit did you just challenge tom to an eat-off

thirdplace posted:

oh shit did you just challenge tom to an eat-off

oh jesus god no. it was merely a flashy symbolic gesture, much like holding up a gold chain but for the, ahem, "foodie" community

animedad posted:

Do you mean the DnD thread? I had rather naievly in my excitedment expected something besides the resentment machines to show up. However, it was really fun playing zarathustra in the village. i loved the end when i shone the mirror back on their folly with grace and wit, self-righteous and humble at once.

Pond posted:

Do you mean the DnD thread? I had rather naievly in my excitedment expected something besides the resentment machines to show up. However, it was really fun playing zarathustra in the village. i loved the end when i shone the mirror back on their folly with grace and wit, self-righteous and humble at once.

[account deactivated]