getfiscal posted:

what's wrong with bombing countries. we've got like 7 billion people on the earth. what's a few million here and there.

what's wrong with me emptying out your bank account? there's like trillions of dollars in the worldwide economy. what's two dollars?

Cycloneboy posted:

what's wrong with me emptying out your bank account? there's like trillions of dollars in the worldwide economy. what's two dollars?

please don't poorshame.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

lol you got downvoted for that

i have to admit, the amount of vitriol directed at people who make up such a fraction of the world's population makes it obvious that anti-Semitism is still a powerful scourge.

i guess you're always going to get people who blame their own failures on scapegoats though

lol Jews literally invented scapegoats

or perhaps the jews are literally invented scapegoats?

Seth Schwartz in “Imperialism and Jewish Society, 200 bce to 640 ce” (Princeton, hb 2001, pb 2004) argues that it was only after the Christianisation of the Roman Empire and the promulgation of Christian imperial law codes for the provinces that ‘the Jews’ became defined as a formally distinct people, because Christianity as an ideology required them to become this, as a counterfoil to its supposed new dispensation. Only at this time (post 380 ce) did the empire accord authority over ‘the Jews’ to the rabbis, whose influence until then had been informal and rather limited. The Christian empire required ‘the Jews’ to become what the so-called New Testament said they were, viz ‘stiff-necked’, law-dominated, devoted to the minutiae of Torah, etc., and charged the rabbis with the task of making them so.

babyfinland posted:

milkholes

im trying to give up jerking off pls dont post thigns like this

Superabound posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

lol you got downvoted for that

i have to admit, the amount of vitriol directed at people who make up such a fraction of the world's population makes it obvious that anti-Semitism is still a powerful scourge.

i guess you're always going to get people who blame their own failures on scapegoats though

lol Jews literally invented scapegoats

uh actually i think you'll find that *boom, girardsplosion, headsplode, scattered entrails, wailing women, threat of blood feud, pharmakos*

lol yitzhak shamir is dead. good.
if i weren't already drunk i would celebrate by getting drunk
never speak ill of the dead - the quran