Ironicwarcriminal posted:

aerdil posted:

tpaine posted:
dark magic keeps the majority of my fellow floridians alive, and i don't just mean old people, i mean white trash too stupid to avoid having killed themselves through folly

whoa, i didnt even consider that you actually lived anywhere tpaine i assumed u were merely a disembodied consciousness that soaked in jokes, youtubes, and music

totally, i'm a bit disappointed in finding out you've been territorialized

this is almost as bad as the times i found out the Tom wasn't actually fat, and that Impper is a paraplegic in a wheelchair

those are old pics

you gonna fast for the 'dan over the next month?
[account deactivated]

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

you gonna fast for the 'dan over the next month?

yep. 330 AM - 9 PM lol

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

easy. just get a night job and sleep during the day and eat your ass off ont he job. allah status: fooled bitch.

i enjoy fasting

[account deactivated]
its spelled feasting tom
words mean different things to the rest of society, tom. "fasting" isn't simply "fast eating" to down 12 mcribs under 2 minutes
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

babyfinland posted:
tpaine posted:
easy. just get a night job and sleep during the day and eat your ass off ont he job. allah status: fooled bitch.
i enjoy fasting

well then its not really a sacrifice is it? allah status: fooled bitch.

haha

mods change my name to allahback girl
If marx is so smart whycome did all revolutions happen in places other than developed capitalist societies, where he did said they would naturally take place. Why come.
leninsplaining

tpaine posted:

babyfinland posted:

tpaine posted:

i enjoy fasting

well then its not really a sacrifice is it? allah status: fooled bitch.

its not really supposed to be

Remember when ankles claimed that sexism is a natural outgrowth of capitalism stemming from the world-historical defeat of the female sex. Oh man. Marx really hung around with some fat homo nerds. No offense or whatever but I bet belthooks would have a thing or two to say about that.
read belthooks
the other day i turned on the radio and they were playing bob avakian reading a poem it was pretty surreal

http://soundcloud.com/allplayedout/all-played-out-avakian-parker-mp3

get this through your head you jew motherfucker you, you only exist out here because of me
Me and a muslim bike messenger dude were talking the other day about how it sucks to be a professional athlete because it makes it almost impossible to do ramadan... You can drink water if you're 'in fear for your life' or w/e but that doesn't mean you can do it if you're not going to make the next drop because you're too dehydrated to pedal. I work go to work at 5 but I can't imagine riding the 9 miles thru manhattan traffic without having drank water in the last 12 hours...

Not that this is anything wrong with Ramadan, more like my lifestyle in fact, but I'm jus' sayin'. More excuses.

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

Me and a muslim bike messenger dude were talking the other day about how it sucks to be a professional athlete because it makes it almost impossible to do ramadan... You can drink water if you're 'in fear for your life' or w/e but that doesn't mean you can do it if you're not going to make the next drop because you're too dehydrated to pedal. I work go to work at 5 but I can't imagine riding the 9 miles thru manhattan traffic without having drank water in the last 12 hours...

Not that this is anything wrong with Ramadan, more like my lifestyle in fact, but I'm jus' sayin'. More excuses.

In the world today there are many nations. A nation, as a reminder, is a territory with people in it which is run by its own government. Today most of these nations are friendly or at least neutral toward one another. How did this arise, and why is it important?

First we must thank liberalism, and in so doing criticize communism. The old empires of pre-liberal colonialism hit their final end during World War I. World War I, foolishly named to imply a sequel, was a war that occurred mostly in Western Europe, so it wasn't really a World War either so there's that. Even worse "WWI," as it was called at the time, did not involve any fighting at all in the western hemisphere, aka, the bestern hemisphere.

The horrible destruction of human life, property and proper nomenclature in World War I made the Europeans very angry, and they honked at each other in mutually unintelligible languages until enough pantomime and map-pointing made them agree that Germany was at fault. Germany was sent to its room and then punched a hole in the wall, metaphorically. This wall-hole was Adolf Hitler.

Since the much-better sequel, which by the way was still NOT a World War, the world has been in a state of relative peace, as detailed by Steven Pinker in the book "The Better Angels of Our Nature." Since "WW2," interstate wars have dropped dramatically, and interstate wars amongst great powers have dropped to almost zero.Even better, after communism inevitably collapsed their ceased to be nearly as many wars, civil wars, revolutions, and too ended the threat of nuclear war.

Today we live in a state of international friendship. Countries solve their disputes through economics, diplomacy, or in the worst case with proxy wars involving the lives of relatively small numbers of foreign expendables. And the world we see is one of wonders.

Why is this international friendship so important? Well, the first reason is the most obvious: Saving the lives of so many. Most of us have never seen a war, or even known someone who has died in one - here, in the most militaristic country on earth! Even today, wars like Iraq killed, what, a million people? Snooze. That's what, one-seventhousandth of the human race? Prior wars killed upwards of five percent of humanity, yet today we declaim about this statistical irrelevance.

More importantly than human life is the benefit it has had to capitalism. As Thomas "Milton" Friedman correctly said, no two countries with a McDonalds have gone to war against one another, and here too we see the benefit of this friendship. Without war and with cooperation, economic growth is steady and new markets are being constantly opened. There are more wealthy people on the planet than ever.

So we see why international friendship is so important. First in saving lives, but also in making money. Without the nations of the world throwing their blood and treasure down the pit of violence, we are all freed to build the great zigguraut of capitalism. Rejoice!

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

hakeem olajuwon played better during ramadan

[account deactivated]
maybe you should be hakeem olajuwon of bicycle message delivery
There was a player on the Vikings who observed during training camp a few years ago
they should consider christianity a performance-enhancing drug because the knowledge that christ has redeemed us for all eternity certainly puts an extra kick in my step

getfiscal posted:

they should consider christianity a performance-enhancing drug because the knowledge that christ has redeemed us for all eternity certainly puts an extra kick in my step

http://www.meetup.com/minnesota-atheists/events/67413952/#description-tab

check out this picture of mulcair

such a bear
oh boy the state fair is little more than a month away can't wait to get my fried funnel cake on a stick

innsmouthful posted:

oh boy the state fair is little more than a month away can't wait to get my fried funnel cake on a stick

same, except also look at cool animals

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

Yeah Amir Kahn's pro boxing career has been kind of messed up by the fact that he observes ramadan so he basically loses a season each year, and fights have to be done either before or into mid winter to give him time to train

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Myfanwy posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

Yeah Amir Kahn's pro boxing career has been kind of messed up by the fact that he observes ramadan so he basically loses a season each year, and fights have to be done either before or into mid winter to give him time to train

KAAHHHNNN!!!

Kahn is really awful to watch, he doesn't fight like other british fighters that have fought internationally in the last 10 years. He fights like a big stupid baby, like prince naseem hamed without the showmanship.

[account deactivated]
how did muhammad ali deal with the 'dan
Hey all. I'm starting to work on a card game that's (loosely) based around five year plans. I want to do a bit of historical research. I found a list of the first plan on Wikipedia, but haven't found a ton of info on other plans.