I don't need it to graduate, I loathe the course in principle and fact, economics courses are nonsense, it costs money I don't want to waste, and, oh yeah, it starts at 8 am and I'd prefer to just sleep in all day for the next month or so. On the other hand, uh... it might bring my grade up (probably not though) and I haven't yet skipped any part of a summer session, which at this stage I'd have to do to drop it. What do you guys think I should do?
college economics courses are the first step toward libertarianism and mental illness. drop that shit asap
take a finance course instead
leave your door open
its effectively a free credit so it depends if getting up early is really that big a deal to you, op
wtf c-boy. get up early, stack paper, get women now. rely on the hustle and notn ur murdered grandma
yeah i took a first year psychology course and they were like oh you know this is the part of the brain that does this or whatever and i just muttered "bullshit" and left. i've been getting into phrenology lately which seems a lot more socially progressive but mainstream psychology is pretty much a cult. like one of the main assumptions in psychology is that your brain is economic and like you do things to get rewards. but how do psychologists explain altruism? people do things that don't fit into that model all the time. so you have to sit through all these lectures about these right-wing concepts like "classical conditioning" or whatever (which sounds fascist). sure i haven't taken a psychology course before that but i feel i know more than all psychologists.

- what heterodox economics students actually believe
doing psychology modules is a great way to meet hundreds of gorgeous teenagers who will probably need their printers carried, to say the least
leave your mind open, like your dorm room door, and take a few tabs of LSD

cleanhands posted:

its effectively a free credit so it depends if getting up early is really that big a deal to you, op

literally the only thing on earth worse than waking up early is being indoctrinated into mainstream American economics. DROP

like if youre going to bother getting up with the sun and learning insane programmatic bullshit youd be better off joining an actual cult and maybe getting laid for a change
my advioce 2 u cyclone bwoy is Shotgun Five Cans Of Keystone Lite, Like, Right Now
course status: dropped

Cycloneboy posted:

yeah you should probably make your life an echo chamber for marginal and confused beliefs, that'll work out well.

getfiscal posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

yeah you should probably make your life an echo chamber for marginal and confused beliefs, that'll work out well.

economics courses don't teach anything of substance.

pictured: the cyclone bizzle

Cycloneboy posted:

economics courses don't teach anything of substance.

yeah maybe if you're a clown idiot.... for fucks sake

now that you don't have class anymore you can come rage w/ me cycloneboii also watch this video so you can get familiar w/ the proper protocol for partying or PPP

LVSSqnOfw3k

i've already taken other economics courses anyway.

Cycloneboy posted:

i've already taken other economics courses anyway.

oh never mind then yeah you probably know the ins and outs of economics now and can make huge economic arguments that buck the entire profession based on being able to draw a supply and demand graph. fucking leftists....

cycloneboy you must be open to new experiences, including sex. dont allow yourself to become bitter and determined! the rhizzone believes in you!
congrats on your E/N thread, cycloneboy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3494598

I'm 16 years old, male, and I feel like I'm turning into a ridiculously stunted adult.

My childhood was defined by three things:

1. I was awful at making friends.
2. I spent way too much time on the Internet.
3. I was smarter than most people my age.

#1 and #2 kind of fed each other: I turned to the Internet for social interaction because I didn't have anyone else to talk to, but then all of my interests were informed by the Internet and no one else could really relate. During grade school and middle school I was in pretty much complete social isolation, aside from internet forums: I can count on my fingers the number of times I visited a friend's house, or they visited mine. The only exception were two "cousins," who were really just the children of family friends, who came over every weekend, and we got along pretty well - even though they wouldn't talk to me at school. In high school, I managed to get a social life after I came out of the closet, thanks to the only other out gay kid taking an interest in me and introducing me to his friends. Since then, I've been gradually gaining social skills, and I have a great group of friends at college as well.

Unfortunately, I still harbor a bitterness that made me cling way too tightly to #3: my intelligence. Objectively, I realize that my intelligence is utterly unremarkable on any practical level: I got good grades but not the best, my high school teachers gave me an award for being my class's best English student but I nearly failed physics, and my writing might come off as a bit precocious but only when I communicate in an affected, literary way. I ended up getting into the University of Chicago, where I thought I'd get to have my perfect life of intellectualism without having to worry about practicality, but due to financial issues I now attend a school that values job skills above academic curiosity. (And I'm already getting snobby with this.) But this misguided belief in my remarkable intelligence leads me to alienate myself from most people: I like analyzing them from afar, but actually building up any kind of intimacy between myself and other people has been pretty much impossible.

It's especially hard with other men. I feel like every relationship with a man has me feeling ridiculously inferior: either because of my height (5'5''), my insufficiently masculine interests, or my sexuality. But I've carried on this mentality of "I'll dismiss you as less intelligent than me before you can criticize me" to pretty much all of my interactions. I know it's a distorted way of looking at things, and I know I'm only harming myself. But as much as I try to give people a chance, the vulnerability scares me to death and I snap back into my old aloof, snobby patterns.

I'm working on finding therapy but I live in an expensive city and I need to make sure I can afford my housing costs for next semester. I'm just wondering if there's any advice people have for dispelling this kind of poisonous narcissism.

You bang any foxxy sorority sluts yet OP?

Meursault posted:

WOW. You do realize that the age of consent in Texas is 17, right you rapist?

we're all rapists at the rhizzone

deadken posted:

not me, i'm celibate.

Cycloneboy posted:

Meursault posted:

not if you wed them sluts.

Cycloneboy posted:

Meursault posted:

jaywalking is illegal too but you're still supposed to do it when no one is looking, cyguy

quick q: is your door open

Cycloneboy posted:

Meursault posted:

Well to be in a sorority you have to be in college, which means over 18, so all thsoe girls should be of age... Unless in Texas they have like middle school sororities??? Not sure about the regional differences

Cycloneboy posted:

deadken posted:

not me, i'm celibate.

what about your grandmother you sick freak

I LOVE HOW EVERY “FICTIONKIN” ARGUMENT ENDS WITH THE WORDS “YOU ARE NOT KARKAT VANTAS.” WOW. PLEASE. PASSIVE AGGRESSIVELY INSULT ME MORE.

Meursault posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

Meursault posted:

Well to be in a sorority you have to be in college, which means over 18, so all thsoe girls should be of age... Unless in Texas they have like middle school sororities??? Not sure about the regional differences

i'm 16 dumbass.

if you are 16 you are allowed to have sex with a 19 year old girl in tejas. don't you have that AOC app that hooks in with your GPS and tells you who's legal?
I'm 30 stone mate
16 year olds should not be in tertiary education imo
ken you should come to the south
i'm foxxy cleopatra and i'm a whole lotta woman!!
i really wanted to but i ran outta money lol.... i went 2 texas tho

Cycloneboy posted:

lol so the one time anyone takes my advice ever (literally EVER) also happens to be the one time i have no idea what im talking about

srs tho, youre still a growing boy, you need your sleep