Muzzammil S. Hassan, founder and CEO of Bridges TV, expressed belief "that moderate Muslims cannot identify with the extreme stereotypes often depicted in Hollywood productions" and said "They think they are not accurately portrayed...Bridges TV gives American Muslims a voice and will depict them in everyday, real life situations." Hassan also said he hoped the Bridges TV network would balance negative portrayals of Muslims following the attacks on September 11, 2001.
Murder

In February 2009, Hassan was arrested and charged with beheading his estranged wife Aasiya Zubair who also worked for Bridges TV. Her decapitated body was found at the TV station. Dr. Khalid Qazi, president of the Muslim Public Affairs Council of Western New York and a friend of the couple, said that Hassan "was worried about the station's future...He was stressed" and added "Domestic violence is despicable, and Islam condones it in no way whatever." Shortly after the arrest of Muzzammil Hassan, Bridges TV posted the following notice on their website:

Bridges TV is deeply shocked and saddened by the murder of Aasiya Hassan and subsequent arrest of Muzzammil Hassan. Our deepest condolences and prayers go out to the families of the victim. We request that their right to privacy be respected.

In the aftermath of Aasiya Zubair Hassan's death, Bridges TV shut down its news operations for three months, although it continued to present other programming. The news operation has since resumed, and the network continues to operate, although on a smaller scale than previously projected. As of May 2010, the network reported that it was carried in 4 million homes in two dozen markets. Hassan was convicted in February 2011 of second-degree murder.
what is it with muslims and beheading. i mean lots of ppl kill their wives but nobody else feels the need to remove their heads from their bodies 99% of the time
http://i.ur.com/E4Vz0.jpg
damn you gjoey
[account deactivated]
most spree killers are probably some form of christian actually
:alert: BREAKING NEWS :alert:
[account deactivated]
islam is christianity fanfic

Goethestein posted:

most spree killers are probably some form of christian actually

http://www.spreekillers.ch/

post eighty thousand, thank you ladies and gentlemen, it is an honor.
your highness goatstein would u rather live in a christian (evangelical) theocracy a la rick perry or islamist shari'a a la islamic-republican iran
Modern Christians seem pretty ok with booze so probably them. Their women are uglier tho

Edited by Goethestein ()

discipline posted:

atheism is a form of christianity

this is true, it's the best form of it though

thats one way to get a broad to give you head!!
ok, ok, but, um, think of it this way.....his wife was muslim too

so when you really get down to it, isnt this just more anti-Islamic violence?
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

lol you don't know a lot of modern fundamentalist christians if you think they are down with alcohol, but way to show us what's really important to you

who cares

"my religious friend"
I can't speak for Rick Perry but Christianity has always allowed alcohol, Jesus drank (and created) wine, and wine is part of the Eucharist. The Orthodox monks of Mt Athos drink wine every day in a ritualistic fashion as well. Alcohol is a pleasure created by God, but it should be enjoyed responsibly.
"Christianity"
nice job treating a vast multi-ethnic people with a rich and varied history as a single monolithic entity
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
what does that have to do with the forms of Christianity practised by most of the world?

Alyosha posted:

I can't speak for Rick Perry but Christianity has always allowed alcohol, Jesus drank (and created) wine, and wine is part of the Eucharist. The Orthodox monks of Mt Athos drink wine every day in a ritualistic fashion as well. Alcohol is a pleasure created by God, but it should be enjoyed responsibly.

agreed Joel, all the real grimey ass X-tians i know of break bread and drink vodka during christmass

elemennop posted:

what does that have to do with the forms of Christianity practised by most of the world?

yeah, nothing. but who cares this is a dumb argument only being argued by one person

how is your swoliosis progressing, bro

[account deactivated]

AmericanNazbro posted:

elemennop posted:

yeah, nothing. but who cares this is a dumb argument only being argued by one person

how is your swoliosis progressing, bro

good, i decided to just say fuck it and did squats. somehow the pain in my knees immediately vanished. i guess they readjusted? i dunno, but i feel good.

i think it was just the running + jumping from basketball that messed up your knees. running is hell on your joints if you weigh over 200 pounds

how is your diet going?

discipline posted:

elemennop posted:

670 million people practice some form of protestantism, topped only by catholics (protestantism is growing faster than catholicism too afaik)

that's if you're including anglicanism, but either way protestants are still less than 30% of the worlds christians. and of those protestant sects the amount that follow prohibition, is yet smaller

discipline posted:

the majority of american protestant churches are either abstentionist or prohibitionist in their stances towards alcohol consumption. mormons also forbid the drinking of alcohol. this isn't some fringe position; billy graham is an abolitionist

that's really just post-reformation denominations and technically there's more mainline protestants and catholics on the rolls than teetotalers, like a 2:1 ratio

and anyway all those baptists just drink in private where it's sinful and therefore more fun and not at their church cookouts
fyi youre about 10 times more likely to run into a straightedge atheist kid than a Christian that doesnt slam down a case of Coors every labor day weekend
I'm not religious, although I am extremely spiritual..

discipline posted:

alcohol is not allowed at both bob jones and oral roberts universities. students can be expelled and faculty can be fired for drinking it lol

alcohol isnt allowed at any universities. checkmate, (0.0%)beer-gut boy

This crustal around my neck represents the harmony of the universe, as well as cosmic symmetruy
If religion is the opium of the masses then atheism is the cocaine: Not as good as it's made out to be, loved by rich whites and exploits poor people.
oh no they took down the version with pictures of mitt romney