on a serious note getfiscal: there's some british military dude in the D&D thread on this issue who opposes an independent Scotland because it probably wouldn't join NATO and Scotland is "the frontline against Russia" going into the 21st century.
[account deactivated]

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

on a serious note getfiscal: there's some british military dude in the D&D thread on this issue who opposes an independent Scotland because it probably wouldn't join NATO and Scotland is "the frontline against Russia" going into the 21st century.

canada got totally suckered into that whole thing and is investing huge amounts of money to "secure" the arctic by putting bases up there and buying more icebreaking destroyers and shit.

actually they got this huge contract for f-35s from the US and it's obviously a bogus arms deal thing and they were like we need them for arctic defence and reports came out that were like umm you can't even really use these for arctic defence and they will probably cost a huge amount more than you told people and you knew that and lied and the whole thing stinks and i lol

[account deactivated]
one thing that happened in like 2006 - 2009 or so was the government announced huge amounts of military equipment purchases, basically the military would ask for anything and the government would be like yes we definitely need a fuckload of jeeps or whatever, and over the past few months they have been quietly killing a bunch of the deals or sending them to review because it turns out that's a bad way to spend money.

i'll be a happy happy man if australia and britain finish behind kazakhstan and the DPRK
[account deactivated]
the 100 metre moan
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
synchronized hooliganism
[account deactivated]
oi a dingo fancied me baby and nicked it mate
[account deactivated]
the mayor of london said the reason GB is losing for the fail is that british people are restrained and decent.

getfiscal posted:

the mayor of london said the reason GB is losing for the fail is that british people are restrained and decent.

He's also backtracking because he was warning of travel chaos and throngs of tourists and foreign dollars coming to London and the capital and it's shopping arcades are like totally empty lol

getfiscal posted:

canada got totally suckered into that whole thing and is investing huge amounts of money to "secure" the arctic by putting bases up there and buying more icebreaking destroyers and shit.

actually they got this huge contract for f-35s from the US and it's obviously a bogus arms deal thing and they were like we need them for arctic defence and reports came out that were like umm you can't even really use these for arctic defence and they will probably cost a huge amount more than you told people and you knew that and lied and the whole thing stinks and i lol

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/us-bid-for-multibilliondollar-nuclear-aircraft-carrier-strike-group-in-perth-20120801-23emq.html

lol good timing for this discussing, US military announced today that they wouldn't mind sticking a carrier fleet in Perth

https://dangleboris.wordpress.com/

getfiscal posted:

dats fukken gay

http://thenewinquiry.com/blogs/zunguzungu/flag-waving-and-drowning-on-the-new-branding-policy-of-ukaid/
Ryan Lochte: I Peed In London Olympic Swimming Pool

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/08/03/ryan-lochte-i-peed-in-london-olympic-swimming-pool/

and i go on one night stands, was told not to wear my $25,000 grill to the medal podium, and my biggest olympics 2008 regret was having a girlfriend at the time
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i peed in the london olympic swimming pool too. And they all got my AIDS lmao.

Is the pool closed?

Rocks, paper, succor.......
Olympics spectator with Parkinson's wants 'exoneration' after arrest
Mark Worsfold, 54, says he was handcuffed by Surrey police officers 'for not smiling' while watching men's cycling road race

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/08/olympics-spectator-parkinsons-arrest-smiling?newsfeed=true
The Liberal Love Fest That Is The 30th Olympic Games
Opinion

By KAYLEIGH MCENANY: Subscribe to Kayleigh's RSS feed
August 9, 2012 4:02 PM EDT

It's hard to ignore the liberal love fest taking place at the 30th Olympic Games in London. Maybe you've heard the accusations that the opening ceremony was a leftist propaganda campaign. That's true, but it goes far deeper than that.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
apparently she's one of those scary zombie women on foxnews
London Games Bid Spectacular Farewell
The surviving members of the rock band Queen, The Who and the Spice Girls entertained millions watching around the world.
sporty spice isn't allowed to be paid for her performance at the closing ceremonies because the olympics only allows amateur athletes
Kayleigh McEnany legs 12/9/11 - YouTube
She's right though, i don't think you could watch the opening ceremony without coming away that it reflects the liberalism that is the dominant, transatlantic if not global ideology.

They had a choir singing Imagine at the closing ceremony, yuk yuk yuk
capitalism is having closing ceremonies as well. there have been a lot of fireworks and great music.

They had a choir singing Imagine at the closing ceremony, yuk yuk yuk

imagine there are no countries, it's easy if you try.

wait, not during the olympics! we need you clapping it up for advertisers whenever your country wins a coca cola gold medal

Crow posted:

The Liberal Love Fest That Is The 30th Olympic Games
Opinion

By KAYLEIGH MCENANY: Subscribe to Kayleigh's RSS feed
August 9, 2012 4:02 PM EDT

It's hard to ignore the liberal love fest taking place at the 30th Olympic Games in London. Maybe you've heard the accusations that the opening ceremony was a leftist propaganda campaign. That's true, but it goes far deeper than that.

please please tell me theres documentation of her fawning all over the literally communist 2008 ceremony