Cycloneboy posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

how can a person who methodically planned a mass murder suddenly stop being dangerous?

humans are amazing and complex beings capable of all kinds of incredible things, and clearly you have underestimated the glory of your creator.

humans are a shambling mounds of flesh of basically identical ability and any genius thereof exists at such a low incidence as to be statistical noise

Goethestein posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

how can a person who methodically planned a mass murder suddenly stop being dangerous?

humans are amazing and complex beings capable of all kinds of incredible things, and clearly you have underestimated the glory of your creator.

humans are a shambling mounds of flesh of basically identical ability and any genius thereof exists at such a low incidence as to be statistical noise

humanity is statistical noise in the universe.

Keven posted:

Breivik ruled "Last Sane Man in an Insane World." "Society will naturally create antibodies, the same as you or I will when we are ill" stated the Judge, "It is my belief that Breivik is one of these - A living, breathing cure for modernity created by the very situation of modernity." Breivik was given a ceremonial miter and scepter and was shipped to Siberia, where he will hone his Will before being returned to the west, stronger than ever and beyond all our laws and morals.

[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

yeah but my posting

animedad posted:

if nothing else we could collect tpaine's greatest hits and make a book of philosophical aphorisms with a fake introduction by pg wodehouse

more liek pg-13 wodehouse heyoooo

Breivik's actions have shown that ultimately a single white guy playing video games is a lot more dangerous than multiculturalism and a hundred mixed race babies.

Edited by Transient_Grace ()

Transient_Grace posted:

Breivik's actions have shown that ultimately a single white guy playing video games is a lot more dangerous than multiculturalism and a hundred mixed raced babies.

agreed, life is so precious, also i endorse torture and executions

A guy endorses tortures and executions once...
like the concept of torturing and executing a mass murderer is really antithetical to 'appreciating life'.

Transient_Grace posted:

like the concept of torturing and executing a mass murderer is really antithetical to 'appreciating life'.

until someone is convicted of a crime they represent an infinitely precious spark of life which must be protected. once they are convicted of a crime bring out the pliers and the long knives.

And to make this a triplepost,

guidoanselmi posted:

Would executing him make a martyr of him sufficient to warrant a greater threat? like has there been anything done in the name of avenging McVey?

I dunno, why aren't you also questioning the ramifications of the lenient punishment to his unforgivable crimes? why are you more worried about possible martyrdom than you are about people who share breivik's views and would now feel like they can pull off massacres and get light sentences?

reminder, once again, that Breivik is not a "criminal"; enforcement does not factor into the effectiveness of punitive measures if the person wants to make a public statement and expects to be apprehended.

Edited by Transient_Grace ()

Tsargon posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

until someone is convicted of a crime they represent an infinitely precious spark of life which must be protected. once they are convicted of a crime bring out the pliers and the long knives.

'a crime'

Tsargon posted:

ok no knives. how about an icepick instead? would you be opposed to him receiving a rehabilitative lobotomy? it would not be torture, as he would feel no pain. it would simply rob him of his previous personality and proclivities, which themselves are the source of the problem. his 'precious spark of life' would be maintained. he would serve his sentence and be released at the appropriate time. but the world would be safe from him. when you think about it, its no different than neutering a cat to keep his animal instincts from driving him towards misanthropy and self-destruction. you dont hate the cat, youre helping the cat, and as a result you are left with a docile but otherwise healthy animal that is ready to integrate itself into its shared and loving society.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
the cool part is that pretty soon Breivik will be back to playing MMORPGs full time.

If only WoW wasn't so dull in the first place maybe this whole tragedy could've been avoided.
Dostoevsky on Breivik: http://pastebin.com/r32Bm7hm

discipline posted:

I'm against the death penalty 99% of the time (Especially under capitalism and kafir law) but what breivik did was literally a crime against humanity

a crime against humanity is wearing socks with sandals. killing a dozen trots would just be a productive weekend.

Edited by AmericanNazbro ()

Superabound posted:

it would simply rob him of his previous personality and proclivities, which themselves are the source of the problem. .

much like your posting

gyrofry posted:

Superabound posted:

it would simply rob him of his previous personality and proclivities, which themselves are the source of the problem. .

much like your posting

Norwegian prison would actually be a measurable step up from my current surroundings

discipline posted:

I'm against the death penalty 99% of the time (Especially under capitalism and kafir law) but what breivik did was literally a crime against humanity

lol every islamic country is crazier about the death penalty than america

"hey you killed five people so after 15 years of trials we're going to poison you" vs. "hey looks like you kissed another dude so here's your father to behead you"

those aren't real islamic countries because reasons
if it had been a norwegian conservative party youth conference islamic convert al-breiviki had shot up you sanctimonious pricks woulda been herping and derping about how they all deserved it

Transient_Grace posted:

- noted zionist evil jeff j

wiat this is better:
lol
[account deactivated]

Tsargon posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

Breivik's actions have shown that ultimately a single white guy playing video games is a lot more dangerous than multiculturalism and a hundred mixed raced babies.

agreed, life is so precious, also i endorse torture and executions

Tsargon posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

Jesus "rape" Christy

Superabound posted:

Tsargon posted:

ok no knives. how about an icepick instead? would you be opposed to him receiving a rehabilitative lobotomy? it would not be torture, as he would feel no pain. it would simply rob him of his previous personality and proclivities, which themselves are the source of the problem. his 'precious spark of life' would be maintained. he would serve his sentence and be released at the appropriate time. but the world would be safe from him. when you think about it, its no different than neutering a cat to keep his animal instincts from driving him towards misanthropy and self-destruction. you dont hate the cat, youre helping the cat, and as a result you are left with a docile but otherwise healthy animal that is ready to integrate itself into its shared and loving society.

damn your stupid

Goethestein posted:

discipline posted:

lol every islamic country is crazier about the death penalty than america

"hey you killed five people so after 15 years of trials we're going to poison you" vs. "hey looks like you kissed another dude so here's your father to behead you"

Transient_Grace posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

see, i would point out that this is a fairly reasonable standard of justice, that indefinitely imprisoning him if he's not dangerous in two decades (he will be) serves no one at all, but unfortunately i believe in a "benevolent" sky wizard who dishes out infinite punishment for finite sins, so i believe that he should be tortured and wounded and burned forever and ever amen.

you're making plenty of mistakes about what i believe in, but in anyway, how do you plan on ascertaining whether ABB is still dangerous in 20 years? how can a person who methodically planned a mass murder suddenly stop being dangerous?

I think he needs to be tortured for a short period of time and then executed, that's all, I think it's a fair punishment for his crimes and I think it's a mockery of justice to presume he has any place in prison or to think he can be corrected in anyway.

that's fair. Thoughts?

lol. Save the poor man breivik

Impper posted:

Superabound posted:

Tsargon posted:

damn your stupid

"you're"

lol

littlegreenpills posted:

if it had been a norwegian conservative party youth conference islamic convert al-breiviki had shot up you sanctimonious pricks woulda been herping and derping about how they all deserved it

youre right, if it had been a totally different situation we all would have reacted to it differently. and i bet many conservative websites would be having multiple page long debates about whether or not Al-Breiviki deserved the death penalty as well. thanks for the observation

"on a long enough timescale, everyone receives the death penalty" - john maynard cains