[account deactivated]
tbf they killed him in his bed over revolutionary free breakfasts for kids
read my sick ass article anyway now youre around

discipline posted:

Goethestein posted:

224 a week is better than zero, which is the amount that you could conceivably pay them. schooling is a full time job that requires training to be performed competently. how many qualified teachers are you going to get to work in the ghetto for no pay for an extended period of time? same with doctors. conflict resolution is toothless without the threat of violence, and illegal with it. public transportation especially with civilian vehicles is extremely expensive and time-consuming. who is going to pay for these cafeterias and shelters? rent still needs to be paid, food still costs money.

I'm sorry that you live in a world where food has always cost money, rent has always been paid, and threat of violence is the only thing that has ever solved your conflicts

I'm not lol

how did the black panthers fund their free breakfasts
[account deactivated]

littlegreenpills posted:

welfare queenism

extortion?
probably pooling money from their low-paying working class jobs because it was something they were passionate about and dedicated to but i can see why that explanation would allude lf posters..
TO ACHIEVE THIS SOCIETY WE ADVOCATE:

A complete rejection of the present social order and a non-violent revolution to establish an order more in accord with Christian values. This can only be done by direct action since political means have failed as a method for bringing about this society. Therefore we advocate a personalism which takes on ourselves responsibility for changing conditions to the extent that we are able to do so. By establishing Houses of Hospitality we can take care of as many of those in need as we can rather than turn them over to the impersonal "charity" of the State. We do not do this in order to patch up the wrecks of the capitalist system but rather because there is always a shared responsibility in these things and the call to minister to our brother transcends any consideration of economics. We feel that what anyone possesses beyond basic needs does not belong to him but rather to the poor who are without it.

We believe in a withdrawal from the capitalist system so far as each one is able to do so. Toward this end we favor the establishment of a Distributist economy wherein those who have a vocation to the land will work on the farms surrounding the village and those who have other vocations will work in the village itself. In this way we will have a decentralized economy which will dispense with the State as we know it and will be federationist in character as was society during certain periods that preceded the rise of national states.

We believe in worker-ownership of the means of production and distribution, as distinguished from nationalization. This to be accomplished by decentralized co-operatives and the elimination of a distinct employer class. It is revolution from below and not (as political revolutions are) from above. It calls for widespread and universal ownership by all men of property as a stepping stone to a communism that will be in accord with the Christian teaching of detachment from material goods and which, when realized, will express itself in common ownership. "Property, the more common it is, the more holy it is," St. Gertrude writes.

We believe in the complete equality of all men as brothers under the Fatherhood of God. Racism in any form is blasphemy against God who created all mankind in His image and who offers redemption to all. Man comes to God freely or not at all and it is not the function of any man or institution to force the Faith on anyone. Persecution of any people is therefore a serious sin and denial of free will.

We believe further that the revolution that is to be pursued in ourselves and in society must be pacifist. Otherwise it will proceed by force and use means that are evil and which will never be outgrown, so that they will determine the END of the revolution and that end will again be tyranny. We believe that Christ went beyond natural ethics and the Old Dispensation in this matter of force and war and taught non-violence as a way of life. So that when we fight tyranny and injustice and the class war we must do so by spiritual weapons and by non-cooperation. Refusal to pay taxes, refusal to register for conscription, refusal to take part in civil-defense drills, non-violent strikes, withdrawal from the system are all methods that can be employed in this fight for justice.

We believe that success, as the world determines it, is not the criterion by which a movement should be judged. We must be prepared and ready to face seeming failure. The most important thing is that we adhere to these values which transcend time and for which we will be asked a personal accounting, not as to whether they succeeded (though we should hope that they do) but as to whether we remained true to them even though the whole world go otherwise.
i'm really afraid that the answer will turn out to be "bank robberies". not because i have anything against bank robberies but they may prefigure an early end to our shadow-municipality project that is swift and full of incident
And whats the deal with grits, am i right?!

eggplants posted:

TO ACHIEVE THIS SOCIETY WE ADVOCATE:

A complete rejection of the present social order and a non-violent revolution to establish an order more in accord with Christian values. This can only be done by direct action since political means have failed as a method for bringing about this society. Therefore we advocate a personalism which takes on ourselves responsibility for changing conditions to the extent that we are able to do so. By establishing Houses of Hospitality we can take care of as many of those in need as we can rather than turn them over to the impersonal "charity" of the State. We do not do this in order to patch up the wrecks of the capitalist system but rather because there is always a shared responsibility in these things and the call to minister to our brother transcends any consideration of economics. We feel that what anyone possesses beyond basic needs does not belong to him but rather to the poor who are without it.

We believe in a withdrawal from the capitalist system so far as each one is able to do so. Toward this end we favor the establishment of a Distributist economy wherein those who have a vocation to the land will work on the farms surrounding the village and those who have other vocations will work in the village itself. In this way we will have a decentralized economy which will dispense with the State as we know it and will be federationist in character as was society during certain periods that preceded the rise of national states.

We believe in worker-ownership of the means of production and distribution, as distinguished from nationalization. This to be accomplished by decentralized co-operatives and the elimination of a distinct employer class. It is revolution from below and not (as political revolutions are) from above. It calls for widespread and universal ownership by all men of property as a stepping stone to a communism that will be in accord with the Christian teaching of detachment from material goods and which, when realized, will express itself in common ownership. "Property, the more common it is, the more holy it is," St. Gertrude writes.

We believe in the complete equality of all men as brothers under the Fatherhood of God. Racism in any form is blasphemy against God who created all mankind in His image and who offers redemption to all. Man comes to God freely or not at all and it is not the function of any man or institution to force the Faith on anyone. Persecution of any people is therefore a serious sin and denial of free will.

We believe further that the revolution that is to be pursued in ourselves and in society must be pacifist. Otherwise it will proceed by force and use means that are evil and which will never be outgrown, so that they will determine the END of the revolution and that end will again be tyranny. We believe that Christ went beyond natural ethics and the Old Dispensation in this matter of force and war and taught non-violence as a way of life. So that when we fight tyranny and injustice and the class war we must do so by spiritual weapons and by non-cooperation. Refusal to pay taxes, refusal to register for conscription, refusal to take part in civil-defense drills, non-violent strikes, withdrawal from the system are all methods that can be employed in this fight for justice.

We believe that success, as the world determines it, is not the criterion by which a movement should be judged. We must be prepared and ready to face seeming failure. The most important thing is that we adhere to these values which transcend time and for which we will be asked a personal accounting, not as to whether they succeeded (though we should hope that they do) but as to whether we remained true to them even though the whole world go otherwise.

Well I know one thing that needs distributing tubby

is that my boy Chesterton
they didn't kill fred hampton because of breakfast programs. they killed him because he was part of an armed group that routinely threatened to kill police officers and he constantly talked about dying for the cause in a blaze of glory. also the breakfast programs were funded with profits from prostitution, drug trade, extortion, etc. which is fine but like obviously controversial.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

probably pooling money from their low-paying working class jobs because it was something they were passionate about and dedicated to but i can see why that explanation would allude lf posters..

im p sure the working classes eat mud all day when theyre not bein kept drunk and stupid by the man, depends where they live i guess. where do they live, again?

littlegreenpills posted:

Crime profits

on a happier note how did hamas for example fund their early operations
via mossad money
CIA money
hahaha but no seriosuly probably selling falafel at the hummus stand hahahahahaaaaa
thats pretty inaccurate, the BPP funded their programs more by extorting money from people doing that stuff anyway/fat stacks of cash from marlon brando

wasted posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

wasted posted:

another question: how would this hands-on, feel-good volunteerism be any different than what most local churches and shelters already provide?

That's just it, you don't need to invent anything new. In the first few centuries of christiniaty the church provided exactly a 'shadow state' that provided community and welfare services to its members.

i agree, but paul actually provided a universal alternative idea to the existing rule of the roman empire.

paul was dick cheese

littlegreenpills posted:

on a happier note how did hamas for example fund their early operations

busta rhymes rules
lol at the concept of community based conflict resolution. we had that and they called it lynching.
we had that and they called it blood feuds
we had that and they called it tribal lords
the Leviathan was proven objectively correct, dwi anarchobabbies
actually alternative dispute resolution resolves most conflicts.
we wont have any more conflicts after the taco bell pizza hut franchise war

the combination makes my eyes bleed

Crow posted:

we wont have any more conflicts after the taco bell pizza hut franchise war

in shanghai they have "taco bell grande" which is a fairly nice sit-down restaurant taco bell and i honestly got a bit weirded out by it because demolition man is real

I went to a fancy, sit down pizza hut with a spiral staircase in China once. By went I mean, I went inside the front door and walked outside the front door before going to somewhere worth eating.
i went to a fancy pizza hut as well. it was expensive. i was young and foolish.
wow that sounds like a waste of time.

I ate dominos pizza and subway both in taiwan and in korea plenty of times. it was good.
they opened the largest mcdonald's in the world in moscow in 1990, it was like 3 stories. i remember when i was a child a gypsy kid stole my ice cream just outside. namaste

Crow posted:

they opened the largest mcdonald's in the world in moscow in 1990, it was like 3 stories. i remember when i was a child a gypsy kid stole my ice cream just outside. namaste

my dad has a watch they gave away at the opening.

organized crime really presents a more clear, credible and sustainable vision of a "shadow state" than anything to be found in the whole oeuvre of urban anarchism
In Trinidad and Tobago KFC and Church's chicken are really big and mcdonalds tried to expand there but nobody was interested.