didn't that guy film himself at that party fucking an underage girl?
american humour is based around the structuring model of the wisecrack and the dozens, it is resolutely molar, its flows are restricted and univocal. meanwhile british humour positions itself between the two poles of hatred for all humanity and matrons with big tits, coursing the infinite multiplicity of a single path through the body without organs. hth
american humor is bob saget putting on a nasally voice and narrating some guy talking as he gets hit in the balls with a baseball on grainy early 90s VHS to the cheers of a studio audience
itt most of the rhizzone forgets that black people exist
american humor is laughing at black people
black people are, at best, a rumor
african american culture is generally the best thing about america and that's esp. true when it comes to humor
so you're saying racism is funny?

thirdplace posted:

african american culture is generally the best thing about america and that's esp. true when it comes to humor

counterpoint:
-eddie murphy 1995-present
-like five different wayans brothers
-martin lawrence
-steve harvey
-tim meadows
-"keenan and kel"
-"family matters"

yeah there's a lot of shit everywhere. people shit, we just eat and then spew out shit, so there's a lot of shit. see, e.g., Pixies, the, Shit Machine (Surfer Rosa, 1988). doesn't change the fact that black comedians have been on short-list for "highly influential and innovative and hilarious comedians" in every comedic epoch since the shining and benevolent face of Mr. Dick Pryor first gazed down from the clouds
i forgot chris rock 2000-present and david allan greer

thirdplace posted:

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

oh man iwc you didn't hear about outback bill? Real shame. There's a service on Friday and no, it won't be open casket...

now THAT is some primo American humor

Jeff Dunhams funny as sh!t upvote this post if you agree >:^D

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

if we divorce it from Jewish humour? Does it even exist?

what the fuck is jewish humor divorced from american humor? i don't think jews in polish ghettos were pioneering their circumcision jokes. when's the last time you've heard of an israeli comedian?

basically, what i'm saying is god bless america.

It's pretty cool that even in his thinly veiled YouTube thread iwc is still blandly demanding a shitload of sources he can dismiss out of hand in favor of a blurb from a 2006 Newsweek.
jewish divorce court with judge rosenstein

elemennop posted:

what the fuck is jewish humor divorced from american humor? i don't think jews in polish ghettos were pioneering their circumcision jokes. when's the last time you've heard of an israeli comedian?

actually theres a huge tradition of jewish humour

jools posted:

thirdplace posted:

itt most of the rhizzone forgets that black people exist

i said apart from Jewish humour

and personally huey's too black sounding for me
Can somebody here explain the careers of Matt Lucas and David Walliams?
jokes making fun of homosexuals are screamingly funny when homosexual people make them
also this sort of thing is what originally launched matt lucas on his career observe:

jools posted:

elemennop posted:

of course, what culture doesn't have a tradition of humor? but what IWC is referring to is specifically the american form peformed by jewish comedians that started with vaudeville

elemennop posted:

jools posted:
elemennop posted:

of course, what culture doesn't have a tradition of humor? but what IWC is referring to is specifically the american form peformed by jewish comedians that started with vaudeville

yeah exactly

so what is American humour that doesn't derive from or is heavily influenced by this tradition

elemennop posted:

of course, what culture doesn't have a tradition of humor?

Salafists?

how about image macros, or does the fact that compuserve might have employed several jewish people a concern for you

karphead posted:

how about image macros, or does the fact that compuserve might have employed several jewish people a concern for you

Look you’re being obtuse….i just want some examples of this Natavist American humour…..is it just cornball shit like mark twain and home improvement?

american humour involves the element of surprise. this is frequently structured as a set-up (premise) followed by a punchline. the basic idea is to try to lead you to a particular conclusion and then disorient you by the appearance of an unlikely element. a common way to do this is simply to make the person or situation involve characteristics which are considered shameful by the audience. in american postmodern comedy, the comedian often takes ownership over the shame, making them a sort of endearing antihero. that is, entire careers are built around being seen as strange or morally bankrupt. most american comedies are structured around cliche premises which are known by the audience to be the bones for jokes inserted into the situation. the secondary nature of the plot, and the interchangeability of shows and situations, is often reflected upon within the media itself.
maniac antisemitists jools and IWC once again try to locate and separate the Source of the Jew. Disgusting.

Crow posted:

Source of the Je.

mmmmmmm......Skhug.....

crow how could u not post the best key and peele sketch:

http://vimeo.com/39114507

Keven posted:

I'm not talking about Louis in particular there, theres a SHOTload of fat ugly guys who know they're allowed to talk about rape and McDonalds and plan to do both at length.

I am allowed to talk about rape all the time.

elemennop posted:

of course, what culture doesn't have a tradition of humor?

Salafists?

stegosaurus posted: