also, british humor is basically mutually intelligible with american humor and there's nothing vaguely jewish about british comedy - unless you think the englishman is a "culture jew" or some such. and british people on the whole tend to be funnier than american people, though that could just be due to chris morris skewing the results. it's still too early to say. for further analysis, i recommend 'oy gevalt or oy gestalt?: on alienation and the immanence of irony in western consciousness' by university of london historian shrobert schraubenthal.

KilledInADuel posted:

also, british humor is basically mutually intelligible with american humor and there's nothing vaguely jewish about british comedy - unless you think the englishman is a "culture jew" or some such. and british people on the whole tend to be funnier than american people, though that could just be due to chris morris skewing the results. it's still too early to say. for further analysis, i recommend 'oy gevalt or oy gestalt?: on alienation and the immanence of irony in western consciousness' by university of london historian shrobert schraubenthal.

The English and the American types of humour are in one way directly contrary. The most American sort of fun involves a soaring imagination, piling one house on another in a tower like that of a sky-scraper. The most English humour consists of a sort of bathos, of a man returning to the earth his mother in a homely fashion; as when he sits down suddenly on a butter-slide. English farce describes a man as being in a hole. American fantasy, in its more aspiring spirit, describes a man as being up a tree. The former is to be found in the cockney comic songs that concern themselves with hanging out the washing or coming home with the milk. The latter is to be found in those fantastic yarns about machines that turn live pigs into pig-skin purses or burning cities that serve to hatch an egg. But it will be inevitable, when the two come first into contact, that the bathos will sound like vulgarity and the extravagance will sound like boasting.

Suppose an American soldier said to an English soldier in the trenches, 'The Kaiser may want a place in the sun; I reckon he won't have a place in the solar system when we begin to hustle.' The English soldier will very probably form the impression that this is arrogance; an impression based on the extraordinary assumption that the American means what he says. The American has merely indulged in a little art for art's sake, and abstract adventure of the imagination; he has told an American short story. But the Englishman, not understanding this, will think the other man is boasting, and reflecting on the insufficiency of the English effort. The English soldier is very likely to say something like, 'Oh, you'll be wanting to get home to your old woman before that, and asking for a kipper with your tea.' And it is quite likely that the American will be offended in his turn at having his arabesque of abstract beauty answered in so personal a fashion. Being an American, he will probably have a fine and chivalrous respect for his wife; and may object to her being called an old woman. Possibly he in turn may be under the extraordinary delusion that talking of the old woman really means that the woman is old. Possibly he thinks the mysterious demand for a kipper carries with it some charge of ill-treating his wife; which his national sense of honour swiftly resents. But the real cross-purposes come from the contrary direction of the two exaggerations, the American making life more wild and impossible than it is, and the Englishman making it more flat and farcical than it is; the one escaping from the house of life by a skylight and the other by a trap-door.

Back in the old United States, there was a joke:

A man reading twitter on his iPhone tells his friend: "Oh, I have good news and I have some bad news." And his friend says, what is it? "Well, good news first: Romney lost." That's great! Well nothing could be better! What's the bad news? "The bad news is Obama won!"

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Oh, you'll be wanting to get home to your old woman before that, and asking for a kipper with your tea.

what is this moon language

american humor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWzI_Wn0ZwM
andrew dice clay is the pinnacle of zionist jew humor
nothing funnier than dissecting comedy, oy vey
british humour is a function of the general british malaise of awkward maladroitness, it serves to cover the humourist by cloaking his vulnerable self in a thick shell of irony and self-deprecation. all hipsters are essentially englishmen, thats why i think i got on with them so well
andrew "dice" clay is fundamentally jewish in his overwhelming and constant hatred.
british humor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stAwE2FbDXA

deadken posted:

british humour is a function of the general british malaise of awkward maladroitness, it serves to cover the humourist by cloaking his vulnerable self in a thick shell of irony and self-deprecation. all hipsters are essentially englishmen, thats why i think i got on with them so well

is that not exactly the description of jewish humor?

[account deactivated]
o lol dice man really was jewish. Holey shit
Fuckin a nti semites/
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

american humour is based around the structuring model of the wisecrack and the dozens, it is resolutely molar, its flows are restricted and univocal. meanwhile british humour positions itself between the two poles of hatred for all humanity and matrons with big tits, coursing the infinite multiplicity of a single path through the body without organs. hth

YANKEE noun
In Europe, an American. In the Northern States of our Union, a New Englander. In the Southern States the word is unknown. (See DAMNYANK.)

Is Charlie Chaplin an English or American comedian?
hey tpaine http://y2u.be/P_-YZ6aABrs#t=01h8m
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
ghosts can't eat
what happens when you hug a jew too hard?

you get juice!

haha. jewish comedy.

now lets see what happens when we take the jew out of it and make it american

what happens when you hug an american too hard?

An erection!

haha. american comedy.

i think all comedy is funny. thats why they call it comedy haha!
[account deactivated]
British and American humor are completely different unless you mean like russel brand or something which isn't 'humor.' what the fuck are you talking about killed in a duel...
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
the nature of american humor

The naEthertghg
porkin' across america is getting really dark. dont know if that counts as jewish humor (might be more muslim)

Crow posted:

porkin' across america is getting really dark. dont know if that counts as jewish humor (might be more muslim)

omg is this a new onion series? after sex house i gotta get on this, thanks brah

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Crow posted:

omg is this a new onion series? after sex house i gotta get on this, thanks brah

it's even better, it's so brutal

Our hero thus Far:

Spoiler!

hoooly shit

all the new onion series are great
if you're having trouble understanding something, think of some things that exemplify it. the most modern and advanced american comedy is probably some average of jimmy fallon's neil young, brad neely's wizard people, and das racist
Chevy Chase is leaving Community