is this some kind of euphemism

gyrofry posted:

is this some kind of euphemism

she's going to live in a shitty apartment above a barbershop

[account deactivated]
i meant it as a sex joke ughggggh GOD
[account deactivated]
What neighborhood
will this be your first encounter with a black person?
Thanks for the advan ce warning
Greetings, fellow white male.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
MUSLIM HORDES TAKING OVER YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD

And if we keep our distance, we can easily observe the fascinating behaviour of the white young professional. Winter is coming and it’s time to find a nest. Unable to locate one in her traditional territory, she makes the risky but necessary decision to bed down in a neighbouring valley. But now comes the most interesting behaviour of them all: Realizing that she is imposing on somebody elses turf, she begins to feel “guilt”, an incredibly complex behavioural pattern amongst young white humans that biologists are only just beginning to understand.

This behavioural impulse will govern her behaviour, and that of her children, for the rest of her life. It can make her despondent, weak, too tired to forage for a traditional diet, living only on discarded cigarettes and monster munch. Luckily, evolution has forced a mechanism to deal with this, prevent suicide, and perpetuate the species. Using a mechanism called “Ironic self deflection”, she pupports to peers and sceptical neighbours that she is aware of this function of guilt. This incredible turnaround thus allows her to neutralize the impulse and settle down without the crippling negative side effects that it otherwise would have bought.

Scientists are only just beginning to uncover the tricks of survival and deception amongst this species. They are, it seems, truly extraordinary

discipline posted:

Groulxsmith posted:

What neighborhood

bed-stuy and I'm gonna live in a basement for $700

That's more than I pay and most of the minorities around me are of the model variety

Groulxsmith posted:

discipline posted:

Groulxsmith posted:

What neighborhood

That's more than I pay and most of the minorities around me are of the model variety

yea well not everyone can fit into dorkasaurus rex's pocket

[account deactivated]

Crow posted:

Groulxsmith posted:
discipline posted:
Groulxsmith posted:
What neighborhood

yea well not everyone can fit into dorkasaurus rex's pocket

boston is super segregated and its not like there's been any legal protections to keep it that way recently, people just like to stay among their own kind. stuff 2 think about, OP.
the only reason i'd be upset about living in a gentrifying neighborhood is al lthe white people
CROW LET ME OUT I DID THE THING
i bought a house in a predominantly immigrant neighborhood and it was about half the price compared to a similar house anywhere else in the city. i'd say im gentrifying the area but the only few white people here are blue-collared workers. not a single hipster in sight. its kinda funny because all the white "progressive" yuppie/hipsters/hitlers people wont live here because of the "crime". even though the crime is comparable to the rest of the city. and yet the rural-minded conservative white folk don't mind living amongst the immigrants at all.
what a crazy messed up backwards world we live in.

hey posted:

i bought a house in a predominantly immigrant neighborhood

catchphrase

black ppl are loud just a heads up

hey posted:

its kinda funny because all the white "progressive" yuppie/hipsters/hitlers people wont live here because of the "crime".

mebbe hitlers cant find other young hot hitlers and so arent attracted to that area. macht ya think

pretty sure the effects of white-flight are a lot worse than gentrification is
boohoo money's being brought into the neighbourhood along with the possibility of jobs and economic recovery. this is going to be bad for my insular sense of community and love of non-functioning public utilities
it'll be cool living in a black neighbourhood. the old wise men playing chess. the hilarious group brought together by the barber shop. the drug dealers yelling "five oh" when a cop car drives by. a real community.
far from being a 100% social evil, high crime rates among poor minority communities give them the benefit of dissuading potential gentrifiers. the occasional murdered gang member or bulletproof glass gas station is a small price to pay for manageable rents and communities that remain cohesive over years and generations
http://nickelbackracist.ytmnd.com/
i dont understand why it is a controversial statement to claim that most people prefer to live in an area near their families, with people who look like them and share their same language and culture. it's true of every ethnicity, even today the extremely-assimilated irish and italians still have clusters of segregated neighborhoods in most major northeastern cities.
same with the jews, they barely live anywhere in america except new york city, south florida, boston, DC and LA

Goethestein posted:

i dont understand why it is a controversial statement to claim that most people prefer to live in an area near their families, with people who look like them and share their same language and culture. it's true of every ethnicity, even today the extremely-assimilated irish and italians still have clusters of segregated neighborhoods in most major northeastern cities.

lol i don't know the relevance of this, who are you talking to

ppl downvoting my poast.

swirlsofhistory posted:

boohoo money's being brought into the neighbourhood along with the possibility of jobs and economic recovery. this is going to be bad for my insular sense of community and love of non-functioning public utilities

the main problem is that the increases in rent displace low-income groups.

how does this rate against the time you genderfied the trans community

karphead posted:

how does this rate against the time you genderfied the trans community

wow.