he looks like a 13 y/o in his dad's suit for a wedding
u shdnt cheat on your wife because your not physically attracted to her that's selfish and immoral. u shd cheat on her because she's lazy demanding impetuous and a terrible person
i'm not saying you should cheat, but I mean...

WELL in Spartan society "cheating" was approved by the state and all the participants in certain circumstances. Perhaps general betrayus had this higher moral standard in mind
sparta was also a slave-and-buggery-based society devoted to the most gimmicky form of warfare that was ever practiced with any form of seriousness so maybe it's a bad model for everything!!!??!?
Spartans weren't good at battle. It's just everyone else was really, really shitty.

thirdplace posted:

sparta was also a slave-and-buggery-based society devoted to the most gimmicky form of warfare that was ever practiced with any form of seriousness so maybe it's a bad model for everything!!!??!?

uh excuse me spartan society was not based on slavery and buggery as modern people know it. if modern people adopted ancient spartan social classes, moral leanings, and sexual norms then the world would better thank you very much

general patrayus tried to live up to spartan expectations but the common journos just had to drag him down, a million dogs can slay a lion

he didn't try to live up to spartan expectations b/c if he did he would have gotten owned by horse archers. lol!
scythia, now THERE'S a warrior culture you DO want to emulate!

thirdplace posted:

scythia, now THERE'S a warrior culture you DO want to emulate!

yes and again a nation born of sexual activity that modern man would reject; herakles rooting a half-snake lady out of wedlock under duress and then abandoning his children look it up i put it in wikipedia

edit: also they smoked the weed!

Edited by Lykourgos ()

general papyrus gets fired over bad font choicous

ggw posted:

lmao take a look at his wife and you'll know why he cheated.
There is no way to be physically attracted to that woman in any way.

Lol damn this guy is good. This is a good ass post. Shit.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/fbi-agent-was-barred-from-petraeus-email-investigation-after-allegedly-sending-shirtless-photos/

hhH
i think we all need to be appreciative to the right wing blogosphere for pursuing this story (and unveiling the CIA nefariousness) that the liberal media was so desperately sweeping under the rug to get Obummer re-elected
so now the once-future head of nato is involved in this? somehow??

(sry 4 the on topic post)

SHANK3Neuropathy posted:

so now the once-future head of nato is involved in this? somehow??

(sry 4 the on topic post)

Look you motherfucking retard, I played the piano for 60 years and I am capable of playing every Beethoven sonata and every Mozart concerto for piano there is. And still, you are saying I am an idiot. Pat Metheny Group sucks dicks. It's actually one of the worst bands I ever fucking heard. You better put your fucking ass to listening to Beethoven, Mozart or Bach you fucking pussy.

ggw posted:

lmao take a look at his wife and you'll know why he cheated.
There is no way to be physically attracted to that woman in any way.

maybe for sexual thrills he likes to dress up as marcie since he married peppermint patty

jill kelley ftw

first she gets threatening msgs from this paula broadway lady and contacts the FBI and gets petraeus canned

now the top general and nato commander in afghanistan is under investigation for sending inappropriate connections to her somehow as well.

also the fbi agent she contacted is under investigation for sending her a barrage of shirtless pictures
Jill Kelley owns lmao
she's gonna get an awesome book deal
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/13/us/petraeuss-resignation-highlights-concern-over-military-officers-ethics.html?hp&_r=0

Crow posted:

Look you motherfucking retard, I played the piano for 60 years and I am capable of playing every Beethoven sonata and every Mozart concerto for piano there is. And still, you are saying I am an idiot. Pat Metheny Group sucks dicks. It's actually one of the worst bands I ever fucking heard. You better put your fucking ass to listening to Beethoven, Mozart or Bach you fucking pussy.

oh man, this whole scandal is becoming even more juicy every day

like jeeesus christ my stupid office full of stupid people manage to be more professional than NATO, CIA, and the FBI.
the only thing i know about petraeus is from that adam curtis piece about counter-insurgency and yoga
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/photoshopped-book-title-from-paula-broadwells-gen-david-petraeus-biography-goes-viral-on-web
"It was a regrettable and an embarrassing error. We are mortified this appeared during our 5 p.m. news broadcast. The editor pulled the image of the book cover from the Internet without realizing it had been doctored. We sincerely regret the error and have corrected the story to avoid any recurrence of its broadcast. We are following up internally as well to avoid a repeat of this inexcusable oversight," Harris said.
lmao "all up in my snatch".
"20,000 to 30,000 pages of potentially inappropriate emails"

Poor Holly Petraeus. Not only do you find out your husband of 38 years, resigned CIA director General David Petraeus, is cheating on you with his biographer, Paula Broadwell, a woman 20 years your junior, but you find it out in the most incredibly public way. And then you're basically blamed for it. No one is accusing Holly of being a bad wife, oh no. David has described her as "the greatest source of support, wise counsel, and love that any soldier could have." They've been married for 38 years. But, um, look at her. Says one commenter on an article about her: "She looks like an old granny." Says another: "She looks like his great-grandmother ... She should be at least 75 pounds lighter ... I blame it on her appearance." Are we really surprised by this?

This is the gut reaction when any cheating scandal happens. Blame it on the wife. What did she do to make her husband unhappy? Did she stop sleeping with him? Was she too involved with the kids? Did she "let herself go"?

Women judge other women this way. The idea that, 40 years into a marriage, the man you've built your life with may suddenly replace you with a younger version is so scary that we build up an array of defenses to counteract our fear. This couldn't happen to me because I'm keeping myself up. This couldn't happen to me because I'll keep him happy.

The woman David cheated with is attractive, fit, and has biceps that look like they could go a few rounds with Cameron Diaz. Hmm, goes our minds. Well, of course he cheated. Look at the mistress. Look at the wife.

If a beautiful woman gets cheated on -- and there are plenty of them, like Elin Nordegren, Halle Berry, Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore, Elizabeth Hurley, or Christie Brinkley, to name a few -- then our minds zip around to find other reasons the man strayed: She seems like a psycho bitch. She's too concerned about her appearance and not any fun. She's older than he is. She didn't want children. She was too involved with her career.

We don't look to the man, look to him to be a responsible human being who, if he's sexually unhappy, should talk to his wife about it -- because we fear this would simply fail. We look to the women because keeping yourself trim, or getting plastic surgery, or remaining a sexual dynamo after children and decades somehow seems more "controllable" than expecting another human being to respect boundaries. We can control ourselves -- we can't control others. And that basic truism terrifies us into denial and excuses. Maybe we just don't want to admit the stark truth: Forty years of monogamy is very difficult, I don't care who you are. (Not an excuse, but a reality.)

Holly, who has her own career as the assistant director of service members affairs at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, doesn't seem to be blaming herself, or her gray hair, or her weight. She is said to be angry about the affair. Reportedly David Petraeus himself said of his wife's reaction, "Furious would be an understatement."

She has every right to be furious. And every right not to self blame.

Do you think Holly's looks are at least partly to blame for her husband's cheating? Should looks matter in cheating?
[account deactivated]
internet commentors say mean shit, nice investigative reporting
tbf tho that chick is mad ugly. keep your shit together pls.
its weird that adultery is considered such a social abomination considering how many people do it

Goethestein posted:

its weird that adultery is considered such a social abomination considering how many people do it

its weird that someone married you

Goethestein posted:

its weird that adultery is considered such a social abomination

in civilized countries like france it isn't

lmao adultery is still a court martial offense in the military
What about the opposite like Schwarznegger and his maid.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Its cool when you see fighters who got married before they got famous and how ugly their wives are, and how good looking the women the other guys are dating are, when you consider that they give out proof positive that they're insane damaged retarts 24/7.
idk a lot of the fighters i've known had smoken hot babes humpeng em even as amateurs,