- the person with a uterus doesn't have to risk death or serious injury from having a baby! good for them!
- no long, boring process of trying to conceive a child! no worrying every time a menstrual cycle continues unabated!
- pre-screen your child for downs! no risks of nonverbal autism (unless you're cool with that)! with adoption, you don't have to worry about any of the various genetic disorders which make raising your child even harder (homosexuality not included)!
- skip the "shit everywhere, cry all night" stage of childrearing! get right to the good part in the beginning by adopting kids who are potty trained! it's a miracle!
- your atrocious DNA is kept from continuing within the species!
- give loving and tender care to a child who might otherwise have missed out on it, rather than creating a new one for little-to-no reason.

okay, y'all keep going. i'm gonna eat some taco bell.
to paraphrase doug stanhope, as i often do, the main reason people don't adopt a child is because if that child hits a home run in the world series you don't want to turn to the person beside you and say "that's my boy - kinda"

if it isn't actually a piece of your own body then you can't take full credit if you completely shock the world by parenting well.
gave up on the ramen already eh?
feels kinda selfish to let a familial line end with oneself. it's like yeah 1.2 billion years' worth of parents gave everything to get me here but ~~~~~~bfort~~~~~~

getfiscal posted:

to paraphrase doug stanhope, as i often do, the main reason people don't adopt a child is because if that child hits a home run in the world series you don't want to turn to the person beside you and say "that's my boy - kinda"

if it isn't actually a piece of your own body then you can't take full credit if you completely shock the world by parenting well.

so ur saying iz all natura no nurtura?

- Three decades of invasive and costly licensing and agency procedures to be cleared as a fit parent when you could have otherwise suffered through a glorious night of drunken debauchery.
i actually had argument w/ my gf about this the other nite and she was like 'you mean you dont care about continuing ur bloodline??' lol

getfiscal posted:

there is no kinda

thirdplace posted:

feels kinda selfish to let a familial line end with oneself. it's like yeah 1.2 billion years' worth of parents gave everything to get me here but ~~~~~~bfort~~~~~~

most of that's shared with every other human being on the planet (including your potential adopted child) anyways you big baby.

cycloneboy you are 100% correct. do NOT pay attention to the trolls itt.
bloodlines own
case in point: Bush
you're right but for us mere mortals who cant rival the greatness of the bush bloodline, our offspring can be only a disappointments in the face of HW and W's achievements...
i really don't understand how your brain works cyclopteen
unless you're 100% sure that they are going to be invited to join the skull and bones there's really no reason to raise children at all, adopted or not

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

i really don't understand how your brain works cyclopteen

very well, thank you very much.

what about hitler

gyrofry posted:

what about hitler

what about him.

gyrofry posted:

what about hitler

yeh my granddad was a 'high achiever' but look at me. proof that the bloodline theory is bunk??

my nonbiological granddad was an IRS agent. my biological one was a lawyer for Exxon. fucked up but true.

Cycloneboy posted:

gyrofry posted:

what about hitler

what about him.

don't dodge the question

gyrofry posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

gyrofry posted:

what about hitler

what about him.

don't dodge the question

i don't understand the question. did hitler adopt a kid or something.

you know what he did

gyrofry posted:

you know what he did

i don't see how the porrajmos relates to adoption.

Cycloneboy posted:

my nonbiological granddad was an IRS agent. my biological one was a lawyer for Exxon. fucked up but true.

and your biological grandmother was a poor innocent woman whos life was taken before her time because of the evil schemes of a greedy relative she loved and trusted

you can lie to everyone else but you can't deceive yourself cycloneboy

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

and your biological grandmother was a poor innocent woman whos life was taken before her time because of the evil schemes of a greedy relative she loved and trusted

nah, it was cancer.

nazis pioneered fast-onset cancer as a tool of assassination

gyrofry posted:

nazis pioneered fast-onset cancer as a tool of assassination

they were the first to discover that cigarettes were carcinogenic...

Are singles allowed to adopt? What about the unemployed? If not, this will be the next civil rights movement.

gyrofry posted:

what about hitler

good point. if hitler's parents had just adopted the holocaust never would have happened.

isn't this argument better presented to teenage girls? the people who post here aren't exactly going forth and multiplying
actually hitler's dad was adopted (by a guy named hitler)
Hitler Dad should have continued the tradition. A non-bloodline, so to speak . . . adoption papers are thicker than water

swirlsofhistory posted:

Are singles allowed to adopt? What about the unemployed? If not, this will be the next civil rights movement.

singles are allowed to adopt nowadays. unemployment is not inherently a take you off the list deal, though it might make things more difficult if you're not financially secure.

however, you do have to be at least 21. ageism...

uhh 14 year olds can have kids, so why the f*ck can't they adopt a cambodian baby? legalize it already
can a 21 year old adopt a 17 year old
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-25/foster-family-in-uk-loses-kids-due-to-political-views/4390846

A British couple who acted as foster parents for three children have had them removed from their care because of their political views.

A local authority in northern England said it took the decision after discovering the foster parents supported the right-wing UK Independence Party (UKIP).

It said it was concerned about the party's policies on immigration and the fact the children were not white.

Speaking to the BBC, Joyce Thacker, strategic director of children and young people's services at the council, said she had to decide whether some foster placements were appropriate for particular children.

"These children are from EU migrant backgrounds and UKIP has very clear statements on ending multiculturalism, not having that going forward, and I have to think about how sensitive am I being to these children," she said.

UKIP's leader Nigel Farage condemned the council's move.

"We are a non-racist, non-sectarian political party... They (the couple) were giving those children love and stability and all the things they need," he said.

"They have been discriminated against.... on the basis that they support a party that says we shouldn't be part of the European Union and we should control our borders and that is the most appalling prejudice."

lol at euroskepticism and racism being conflated. euroskepticism is known as rationalism to those of us in the enlightened West (USA, China). yeesh...
A British couple that are noted activists against child sexual abuse have just had their children taken away by the state, since their children were the products of the rape of a 14 year old girl.
oh yeah, just remembered another advantage of adoption:
- you get to avoid participating in the gross, unhealthy, unsafe and quite frankly embarassing activity of piv sex. thank god.
LesbianGayBiTransQuestioningIntersexAsexualPrimitivistEurosceptictIncelAnticapitalistVegan activists are all discriminated against by the racist misogynist society of Amerikkka and We$t

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()