Impper posted:

u would like downers NazBro

if you can't listen to darude - sandstorm on the drug, then it's garbae

post your "'art projects"' (in double parathesis)
(( ))
i gave up weed while i was living in california and had basically open access to certified legal kush. fuck that noise. i watched revolutionary road which is a not awful film imo + drinking jameson
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

my reputation is that of an Arrow. deadken, rumoured arrow

yeah, a broadheaded fletched shaft ahaha bULLseye

i dont take drugs and im not going to, unless i move to london and get a deece connection

TG posted:

having first-medical-now-legal weed owns, buying specific strains really helps with the side effects mentioned above. i haven't had bad paranoia from weed in years and the right strain will keep you more energetic so you don't turn into a mute zombie

nah that's just placebo effect

AmericanNazbro posted:

post your "'art projects"' (in double parathesis)

https://vimeo.com/64516246

[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

drwhat posted:

personally whatever introspective nightmares i have happen because there's something nightmarish to be introspective about, and when i am basically at peace there's nothing terrible to worry about in the least. it just lets you into things you're fucked up about

lol not really, when i was in a sexually fulfilling relationship it had me convinced it was a hollow sham, now i'm getting my work published it makes me worried it's awful, basically i smoke weed and just feel rly negative about whatevers put in front of me but unable to express it. weed makes me wddp + Fuck That

weed makes me think liberalism isnt so bad

actually its capitalism that makes you paranoid, dear ken

discipline posted:

I meant with budget cuts, online teaching and gutting of faculty you'll be lucky if there are even universities in 6 years

Maybe, but if that's coming I haven't seen any signs of it in economics departments yet. Unlike most academic disciplines, in economics a lot of people with money care about your research, so as long as your research has policy relevance or could turn a profit someone's going to be willing to pay you an assload of money, even if your teaching skills aren't as marketable.

I know the job market is really grim for people in the humanities and even the sciences with the whole postdoc limbo thing but if you're doing an econ PhD at a decent private school or flagship state school a bad placement is a tenure track position at a lower tier satellite state school, and you can always get a cushy job at a central bank or in consulting, should you get denied tenure. It's a pretty good gig if you don't mind selling your soul.

ilmdge posted:

adjuncts arent assistant professors though

actually adjuncts arent even relaly considered part of the faculty and get paid less than the GRAs lol

Apropos of this, I just found out that, as a grad student, I'm getting paid more than twice the national average for adjuncts to teach intermediate microeconomics this summer, a class I have never taught before (nor have I ever taught anything else) and that I got a B in because I decided rewatching Dragonball Z was a better use of my time. Someone find a wall to put me up against.

economics owns.

Impper posted:

that is my exact reaction to weed. silent, withdrawn, feeling stupid, and then paranoid that everybody is judging me for being so

lol if u care that someone is judging you for making a conscious choice to temporarily dumb yourself down for 6 hours?

i want to create a public affairs show for an extremely in-depth discussion of testicular health issues. it'll be called balls deep

LaserJew posted:

Impper posted:

that is my exact reaction to weed. silent, withdrawn, feeling stupid, and then paranoid that everybody is judging me for being so

lol if u care that someone is judging you for making a conscious choice to temporarily dumb yourself down for 6 hours?

i dont... except for when i'm on weed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Breakfast
i went back to school and got a white-collar job at a big company in atlanta and i'm dead inside, hth
(yes i am on amphetamines)
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
http://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/334656775196393473

daddyholes posted:

i went back to school and got a white-collar job at a big company in atlanta and i'm dead inside, hth

well good thing you found the rhizzone. since you know what lf is i'm sure you understand how marxist roleplay works? looking forward to good stuff

my antidepressants kind of act like amphetamines but everyone cool here is on them so i wonder what that means/is like/are they addictive? internet peer pressure ftw

NoFreeWill posted:

my antidepressants kind of act like amphetamines but everyone cool here is on them so i wonder what that means/is like/are they addictive? internet peer pressure ftw

what do you take?

drwhat posted:

daddyholes posted:

well good thing you found the rhizzone. since you know what lf is i'm sure you understand how marxist roleplay works? looking forward to good stuff

its in the bag

gyrofry posted:

http://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/334656775196393473

what a child

[account deactivated]
i did meth all of one time. felt totally different than cocaine. as though i was just completely under control and completely on top of everything, like i could run the world. it was amazing. i did end up having the thought "oh man what if I'm actually just barely functional and completely depressive and there are people that feel like this all the time? successful people? oh god." i'm glad i'm not the kind of person to get really into a drug because i would get addicted in a heartbeat. if there is ever an asteroid coming to hit the earth we should probably just open up the vaults and feed the entire scientific community all the meth they can handle
they're already doing piracetam

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

.custom150330{}NoFreeWill posted:my antidepressants kind of act like amphetamines but everyone cool here is on them so i wonder what that means/is like/are they addictive? internet peer pressure ftw
what do you take?

i'm on wellbutrin I was really reluctant to take drugs but it has been real helpful. they started me on a really low dose 200 mg and taht was too much (hallucinations at one point) so i am on pretty much the lowest possible 100mg. it's not chemically similar at all to amphetemines i just meant in the sense that it gives you energy or whatever. and i'm lazy sso maybe i should be on ritalin or someth

[account deactivated]
what amphetamines are actually around or whatever? like obviously don't do meth, so what is there? dexedrine? ritalin/all those drugs? or just straight speed taht's clean/good?
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i dont take medicines, please do not filter your reality, all
[account deactivated]
so adderall is the good one?

NoFreeWill posted:

so adderall is the good one?

yes