women raping men is a wolf in sheep's clothing... is it really a sheep or a wolf? you never know until it's too late.

ggw posted:

women raping men is a wolf in sheep's clothing... is it really a sheep or a wolf? you never know until it's too late.

Probably as good an answer as I'll ever get. Thanks for breaking it down to analogies with child fairytales, rhiz.

Who would not arrive at this conclusion: patriarchy and capitalism
thwart any possibility to love in a way that liberates oneself from the
logic of the couple or from one’s own oppression. To liberate love
necessarily involves the abolition of patriarchy and capitalism. One
52 CLÉMENCE X. CLEMENTINE
cannot opt in or out of these structural relations, and the struggle
against them will be a collective, historical project.

i like this part of the 2nd article. romantic love under capitalism is some ass shit

babyhueypnewton posted:

they've also lost actual materialism and communism in all of this abstraction, since they apparently have no problem begging for money in a capitalist process (Kickstarter)

Engels owned a factory

mustang19 posted:

Probably as good an answer as I'll ever get. Thanks for breaking it down to analogies with child fairytales, rhiz.

what came first, the rape or the patriarchy?

babyhueypnewton posted:

jools posted:
also, what's wrong with the "personal experiences"? do they make you uncomfortable, as a man who has paid for sex?

personal experience is just another word for "anecdotal evidence", except in these cases is additionally infused with self-righteousness. functionally, as it often does, it directly contradicts the overall theory the group is trying to espouse.

their theory(which I agree with mostly) is dialectical and minimizes the power of personal experience to perceive overall structures of oppression and class consciousness. why they throw in stories of rape and such is probably the liberal trend of fearing "science" over experience and emotion.

cool post you made though.

yeah those hysterical bitches amirite? Women need to learn to keep those tears and sob-stories in check if they want to be considered worthy of participating in leftist causes.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

jools posted:
also, what's wrong with the "personal experiences"? do they make you uncomfortable, as a man who has paid for sex?

personal experience is just another word for "anecdotal evidence", except in these cases is additionally infused with self-righteousness. functionally, as it often does, it directly contradicts the overall theory the group is trying to espouse.

their theory(which I agree with mostly) is dialectical and minimizes the power of personal experience to perceive overall structures of oppression and class consciousness. why they throw in stories of rape and such is probably the liberal trend of fearing "science" over experience and emotion.

cool post you made though.

yeah those hysterical bitches amirite? Women need to learn to keep those tears and sob-stories in check if they want to be considered worthy of participating in leftist causes.

this but unironically

no-wonder this place is a known hate site

no-wonder this place is a known hate site

every poster here is male, that bullshit about crow being an ftm is just that. you're all a bunch of pasty neckbeards who splooge on this all-sex-is-rape ideology to feel better about yourself. pat yourself on the back, walking social experiment, but don't wipe your hand on me.

ed wow jeez jk guys

Edited by mustang19 ()

excluding sissy-men from your organisation is a good idea
does it make me a feminist if i got upset when my dad threw out all his indigo girls tapes and records when he found out there were lesbians in 1999
Don't call me a feminist, I've been here for years.
this journal, even when it's actually right, is a steaming pile of arrogant, elitist academic shit that will never, ever inspire anything but utter contempt in the common (wo)man. sorry.
hey guys whats goin on in this thraed

catpee posted:

this journal, even when it's actually right, is a steaming pile of arrogant, elitist academic shit that will never, ever inspire anything but utter contempt in the common (wo)man. sorry.

thank god we have a man here on a gay dead internet forum to tell us what is going to connect with the public lmao

this sad internet refugee camp for a small part of the former leftist community of the somethingawful.com forums being dead and gay doesn't really have anything to do with the fact that another "Marxist" academic journal sucking off Foucault's dead cock literally changes less than voting Obama
everybody seems to be kind of in a bad mood today, miaybe you should look at some pictures of lolcats
[account deactivated]
*seizes up*
hmm this paragraph is kind of confusing, lots of jargon and difficult to tell what it's saying. how does she know that that is a 'necessary precondition' of this? oh hey, there's a reference or comparison I recognize, so I guess I do understand it. yeah, this stuff about 'capital is a totality that is classed, gendered, and raced by virtue of its own internal logic' makes sense... maybe?
btw not directed @ discipline, but the paper
i'm slowly realizing my girlfriend is quite an intense misogynist

discipline posted:

I haven't read anything in the journal yet because I just got home but why are we qualifying "cismen" here haha this is the kind of lazy bullshit that pisses me off about contemporary feminism. that sort of thing just sneaks in under the radar. what does it matter if cismen are excluded and transmen are part of the movement? this implies a lived experience in the female body that transcends ideas of gender. and yet there is a lived experience in the male body that is excused somehow when it comes to transwomen. I'm of the mind that if you exclude cismen but not transmen you should exclude ciswomen as well, because otherwise this is dishonest. this is making an exception for inclusion that is based on cultural gender demarcations that are either arbitrary or inherent, either way if a transman is inherently affiliating theyselves with patriarchal standards of masculinity there is no "fucking" with gender there, this is either a cry for help or the admission that patriarchal standards of masculinity can be rehabilitated when assumed by a female body. it's bullshit and a huge conversation and to just gloss over it in some intro pretends it's not some explosive issue that needs to be addressed. yeah, if you want to smash capital do that. if you want to get into feminism do that. don't half ass one to accomplish the other. of course there are places to intersect, but don't assume you've invented the wheel if you still don't have anything to hitch it to.

nope

not buying it.

i'm slowly realizing my girlfriend is quite an intense misogynist

Well I'm glad the serious discussion on the thread topic is dying down, it was getting a little heated there.

We were reading the newspaper and there was a story about anorexia and body image featuring my ex who is a journalist and my current gf was like “wah boo hoo I’m a white girl I’ve got no problems so I have to make them up by making myself vomit listen to meeeee” and I was a bit taken aback so didn’t tell her it was my ex lol.
i have no doubts that any girl you've been with probably has some sort of issue so a body image issue is definitely believable

discipline posted:

I haven't read anything in the journal yet because I just got home but why are we qualifying "cismen" here haha this is the kind of lazy bullshit that pisses me off about contemporary feminism. that sort of thing just sneaks in under the radar. what does it matter if cismen are excluded and transmen are part of the movement? this implies a lived experience in the female body that transcends ideas of gender. and yet there is a lived experience in the male body that is excused somehow when it comes to transwomen. I'm of the mind that if you exclude cismen but not transmen you should exclude ciswomen as well, because otherwise this is dishonest. this is making an exception for inclusion that is based on cultural gender demarcations that are either arbitrary or inherent, either way if a transman is inherently affiliating theyselves with patriarchal standards of masculinity there is no "fucking" with gender there, this is either a cry for help or the admission that patriarchal standards of masculinity can be rehabilitated when assumed by a female body. it's bullshit and a huge conversation and to just gloss over it in some intro pretends it's not some explosive issue that needs to be addressed. yeah, if you want to smash capital do that. if you want to get into feminism do that. don't half ass one to accomplish the other. of course there are places to intersect, but don't assume you've invented the wheel if you still don't have anything to hitch it to.

i thought "cis" was a prefix that denoted a person implicitly or explicitly supporting the patriarchy through their actions, ideology or what not and it was separate notion from gender

shermanstick posted:

i have no doubts that any girl you've been with probably has some sort of issue so a body image issue is definitely believable

yeah crazy sluts amirite?

the cna article was pretty good though lol if she's that upset only having 8 patients on her shift as opposed to the 15-20 most cnas have

shermanstick posted:

yeah crazy sluts amirite?

i have this ladder theory

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

jools posted:

when i met huey i asked him why on earth he would ever share that story with this community and this is what i found out.

he's always insisted here that it was a drunken mistake, an oversight, and oh yes, that's true. but he had an inkling, even in his stupor. when confronted with the "room fee" he had doubts, doubts he instantly brushed under the heavy carpet of his inebriation, fleeting thoughts he mentally chased away so fast that they were nothing but a blur. but they were there, oh he was barely cognizant of them, overcome with intoxicated furor as he was, but they were there, and that was enough. he had stumbled up those steps lustful and happy and allowed the inertia of that feeling to carry him uninterrupted to bed with this woman and off into the night. but when he emerged from that alcoholic haze a day latr, he felt overcome with guilt. his thoughts were wracked and tortured with the consciousness of his sexual exploitation, and the fact that on some suppressed level, he had known. with a heavy heart he floundered, seeking salvation, wishing to repent, but without knowing how, and ultimately he realized there could be no absolution, that there was no penance that could erase this sin. fully aware of this fact, he finally embraced it. he would wear it like a scarlet letter, he would reveal his wrong-doing to us without fanfare and with a pose of reluctance, but as secret self-flagellation, and with this community as his scourge. and so keeps posting, he continues to engage us, and each time he does so, his crime is flung in his face. and he accepts it, and he persists. we score easy points against him, we gleefully cackle, yes. and with every upvote posts such as yours receives, he silently bows his head in acceptance and shame. this is what i learned. i said to him, "whoa dude, that's pretty heavy" and then i said "im gonna go buy another beer." and i went t othe bar, and i bought another beer.

boo hoo some people made a magazine and decided who could be involved in it. why cant men do it why can transmen do it. ken and khamsek are SO upset about this magazine!!!
this FUCKIN magazine man. im gonna write dozens of words about this GOD DAMN magazine!!!
[account deactivated]

ilmdge posted:

jools posted:

when i met huey i asked him why on earth he would ever share that story with this community and this is what i found out.

he's always insisted here that it was a drunken mistake, an oversight, and oh yes, that's true. but he had an inkling, even in his stupor. when confronted with the "room fee" he had doubts, doubts he instantly brushed under the heavy carpet of his inebriation, fleeting thoughts he mentally chased away so fast that they were nothing but a blur. but they were there, oh he was barely cognizant of them, overcome with intoxicated furor as he was, but they were there, and that was enough. he had stumbled up those steps lustful and happy and allowed the inertia of that feeling to carry him uninterrupted to bed with this woman and off into the night. but when he emerged from that alcoholic haze a day latr, he felt overcome with guilt. his thoughts were wracked and tortured with the consciousness of his sexual exploitation, and the fact that on some suppressed level, he had known. with a heavy heart he floundered, seeking salvation, wishing to repent, but without knowing how, and ultimately he realized there could be no absolution, that there was no penance that could erase this sin. fully aware of this fact, he finally embraced it. he would wear it like a scarlet letter, he would reveal his wrong-doing to us without fanfare and with a pose of reluctance, but as secret self-flagellation, and with this community as his scourge. and so keeps posting, he continues to engage us, and each time he does so, his crime is flung in his face. and he accepts it, and he persists. we score easy points against him, we gleefully cackle, yes. and with every upvote posts such as yours receives, he silently bows his head in acceptance and shame. this is what i learned. i said to him, "whoa dude, that's pretty heavy" and then i said "im gonna go buy another beer." and i went t othe bar, and i bought another beer.

woah...

can you post an article here, i dont feel like clicking anything