GoldenLionTamarin posted:

Lessons posted:

gyrofry posted:

look at this nub who can't get horney from friction alone

did you know that was a bhpn post? seriously, that account was later outed as a bhpn parachute.

two accounts said that, and evne if they were both bhpn hes stupid enough to actually mean that and its still funny. Scram,

i'm saying it's funny bhpn said that, shit for brains

stupid fucking monkey
[account deactivated]
tpaine did you like Live, back in the 1990s,?
"
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

not really notable

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516351&pagenumber=55#post410473139

wt f why are they so scared of you

Lol no one is allowed to address getfiscals pointz
[account deactivated]

Lessons posted:

stupid fucking monkey

Im sorry man. im sorry

deadken posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

It makes sense, and they then navigated lf towards the hysterical identity politics of wddp, the same leftist-duping sleight of hand the CIA did with the modern art movement back in the 50s.

nah wddp developed organically, if you put a bunch of chronic depressos together its inevitable that they'll end up making a thread for them to post 500 times about how much they want to kill themselves in. the cia created the rhizzone to misredirect the energies of any serious revolutionaries towards cocaine, poetry, and youtube videos of fat people

how do you explain ycs

Meursault posted:

getfiscal posted:

not really notable

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516351&pagenumber=55#post410473139

wt f why are they so scared of you

The beauty of the democratic systems of thought control, as contrasted with their clumsy totalitarian counterparts, is that they operate by subtly establishing on a voluntary basis--aided by the force of nationalism and media control by substantial interests--presuppositions that set the limits of debate, rather than by imposing beliefs with a bludgeon. Then let the debate rage; the more lively and vigorous it is, the better the propaganda system is served, since the presuppositions (U.S. benevolence, lack of rational imperial goals, defensive posture, etc.) are more firmly established. Those who do not accept the fundamental principles of state propaganda are simply excluded from the debate (or if noticed, dismissed as “emotional,” “irresponsible,” etc.).

- Noam Chomsky

mustang19 posted:

you guys should make this an SA vet only forum and ban all the assholes like me who stumble into it via serious internet political discussion forums

there's serious internet political discussion forums?

peepaw posted:

mustang19 posted:

you guys should make this an SA vet only forum and ban all the assholes like me who stumble into it via serious internet political discussion forums

there's serious internet political discussion forums?

yes, and they're hilarious

Vladimir Putin in D&D is the worst

You're an asshole who speaks with almost no compassion over the HUMAN cost of sequestration cuts will be inflicted on people who are financially responsible for others. And you're a fucking moron who cheers on us going over the 'fiscal cliff' while you have no idea what that actually entails.
His positions are basically Obama needs to cut a "deal" with Republicans in hopes that the deal will preserve his tax break. He is willing to raise Medicare to 67, retirement to 67, etc. in order to keep the tax break. He believes the Greeks have to pay for their sins and accept austerity because "they deserve it." He always brags about going to a college that taught him how to critically think about things and didn't take dumb state school courses. He's also alluded to the fact that he's up to his eye balls in debt, makes over 50k a year and is seriously struggling to get by and stuff.

Edited by ggw ()

Vladimir Putin posted:

I don't have any fucking defense industry buddies you fucking idiot. My background is in academia in STEM where I got my PhD. I have contacts throughout academia and government agencies and they are scared shitless from the admin pukes to scientists who are worried which grad students or postdocs they have to let go when their grant money ultimately gets cut.

Willa Rogers posted:

Now, now... no reason for invective. I thought you'd mentioned that your buddies were worried about defense cuts and I apologize if that wasn't the case.

But my point still stands: If you want your friends to keep their jobs, then stop moaning if you'd have to pay slightly higher taxes for that with your current income level. Besides, Obama has proposed cutting something like $400 billion in non-discretionary spending to preserve your tax cut, so even if he gets everything he put into his first offer to Boehner this month, your friends might lose their jobs.

Hell, grad students were stripped of forebearance so that Obama could extend the "Bush" tax cuts through this year. That's what happens when tax rates are at historical lows. (And one of the reasons why the "stimulative effect" of tax cuts might not be worth it, in the long run, given what's been ceded to get them.)

eta: "admin pukes" is a nice touch in demonstrating your empathy level for others.

Vladimir Putin posted:

I wonder if you have any idea what a asshole this makes you sound like.

Are you fucking serious? You are one of the least empathetic people I have seen posting on this thread. You just don't give a fuck about people getting laid off with families. "Oh fuck them if you they want to keep they jobs go blah blah blah"

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm a huge asshole to say that upper-middle-class earners like you should be willing to pay more than a historically low 9.5 percent tax rate if they want government funding to continue for their peers?

I'd say I'm a huge realist.

Vladimir Putin posted:

You're an asshole who speaks with almost no compassion over the HUMAN cost of sequestration cuts will be inflicted on people who are financially responsible for others. And you're a fucking moron who cheers on us going over the 'fiscal cliff' while you have no idea what that actually entails.

unless you're living in manhattan if you can't get by on 50k even with a family you're a colossal fuckup and i'm assuming wifey brings home a lil' bacon as well so even more so you'd think dr. STEM phd there would have some basic financial skillz

then again if you're only making 50k with a phd in a science you're probably not working in your field but managing a foot locker

Edited by peepaw ()

he's in the top 20% middle class bracket or whatever and STRUGGLING TO GET BY.

My background is in academia in STEM

d&d.txt

another funny thing about these types of forums is the emptiness of the support they provide, like if somebody is like "i feel so fat and worthless all the time and today my mother told me that she was throwing me out of the house because she hates me and i'm so depressed all the time and i want to kill myself" and the responses are " ", " *hugs* ", and "): "
i dont know which notion is more deeply horrifying: that someone really believes that a suicidal person will be helped by some anime avatar posting ":-(", or that it probably has
i have a phd in 'stuff you wouldnt understand'
the problem is content preceding form. the idea that you as a subject can change through self-referential thinking without the force of action. like somehow you can think your way out of depression without a transformation of your daily practices. doomed to the life of the beautiful soul.

wasted posted:

the problem is content preceding form. the idea that you as a subject can change through self-referential thinking without the force of action. like somehow you can think your way out of depression without a transformation of your daily practices. doomed to the life of the beautiful soul.

the problem is trying to use individualism to solve a problem caused by individualism, imo

im gonna write a script to just post that in every guardian comment thread and reap all teh upgoats

cleanhands posted:

i have a phd in 'stuff you wouldnt understand'

my undergrad was in $#*! my dad says and my mfa is in bam margera presents: where the #$&% is santa (2008)

getfiscal posted:

The beauty of the democratic systems of thought control, as contrasted with their clumsy totalitarian counterparts, is that they operate by subtly establishing on a voluntary basis--aided by the force of nationalism and media control by substantial interests--presuppositions that set the limits of debate, rather than by imposing beliefs with a bludgeon. Then let the debate rage; the more lively and vigorous it is, the better the propaganda system is served, since the presuppositions (U.S. benevolence, lack of rational imperial goals, defensive posture, etc.) are more firmly established. Those who do not accept the fundamental principles of state propaganda are simply excluded from the debate (or if noticed, dismissed as “emotional,” “irresponsible,” etc.).

- Noam Chomsky

How apropos dude.

Willa is funny because of how angry and hateful she makes everyone with her posts

Meursault posted:

Willa is funny because of how angry and hateful she makes everyone with her posts

willa is cool but at the same time she's been at this game a long time and she still believes in liberalism. like she's debated evilweasels for years and years and she still hasn't embraced communism.... sigh.....

I think Willa would fully embrace communism if it were actually a thing.
Medicare, Social Security, and Medicaid are the three best social programs this country has going for it and preserving and expanding those programs are arguably the most irrationally practical form of American activism an old like Willa can do. So it makes sense for her to do that stuff instead of posting on twitter all day about animes, cats, and dropping the occasional "lol fuck america why do you hate women omgz im literally shaking"
[account deactivated]

Meursault posted:

there's more to her than just being a woman on the internet though

[account deactivated]
I listed several specific things I disagree with. GPS is also now a civilian thing: I am not willing to include things as military spending just because the military uses it. We decommission the military entirely tomorrow, and we still fund GPS. We also still fund State, still fund the DHS, we still fund spy satellites, etc. The interest number is hard because that comes from the same source that produced most of those numbers using what I consider an illegitimate definition of military spending.
I AM HIPSTER HITLER WHO WANTS TO BE IFAPPED???

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

Lessons posted:

stupid fucking monkey

Im sorry man. im sorry

s'ok

its cool that D&D is so bad that you can get banned for being a moderate social democrat