Crow posted:

[account deactivated]

The_Schliski posted:

What wasn't coincidental, however, was my distended abdomen, bloating beneath the ribcage of an otherwise nominally ungross, skinny tall person.

The McRib is Back, baby!!

The_Schliski posted:

I started exercising again but this activity's resumption's temporal proximity to artifactual cultural norms was coincidental.

What wasn't coincidental, however, was my distended abdomen, bloating beneath the ribcage of an otherwise nominally ungross, skinny tall person.

stop drinking beer or soda

Do you keep it really warm in your house... the body has to work harder to keep you warm when it's cold. Thats why you have to eat a diet of 8000 calories of whelk blubber when you go to the Pole or a mountain. You will lose weight faster and in less time if you are in a colder habitat.
taco bell causes diarrhea and pizza hut causes constipation. so in theory if you eat both mixed together you will create a quantum singularity in ur butt allowing u to metabolize unlimited amounts of matter

littlegreenpills posted:

taco bell causes diarrhea and pizza hut causes constipation. so in theory if you eat both mixed together you will create a quantum singularity in ur butt allowing u to metabolize unlimited amounts of matter

there's no taco bell or pizza hut in downtown montreal. why did i move here.

drwhat posted:

I dispute your claim of nominal ungrossness, rhizzone poster

wtf!!

AmericanNazbro posted:

stop drinking beer or soda

drinking soda at lunch no matter what but having decaf, weakly-sweetened tea for dinner isn't bad which was surprising and eventually no sugar in the tea will help a little bit too ~watch and weight goons~

Here is how i avoid eating bad food, i try to compromise and reason with myself for a while as a stalling tactic, then finally i say ok Once youve got done this other thing then you can go to the bakery and buy a dozen eclairs and eat them standing in the doorway of the bakery in case you want more later. Then once i do the thing and walk to the bakery Im like "Deal's off idiot!" and go into the bodega and buy a granola bar. And my past self who i broke my promise to is furious but cant do anything because he doesnt exist anymore. Dont believe me check it out im 5'6" 320 pounds i can benchpress 1175 pounds Every morning before logging onto my computer I do 1100 pushups into a bowl of scrambled eggwhites. I use 1 bottle of bronzer per day, no exceptions. And i inject myself with powerful steroids they normally give to racing camels. And all because of this little psychological trick I learned from The origin of consciousness in the breakdown of the bicameral mind.
my 2013 resolution is to smoke more often
[account deactivated]

gastarbeiter posted:

my 2013 resolution is to smoke more often

I hope you mean smarties. That's what I smoke., is smarties instead of weed, but nobody ever means smarties. its a lonely life i lead, smoking smarties and talking about them on message board, instead of doing that with weed. sometimes i think i've made a terrible mistake.

so far my new years resolution to stay inside more and use twitter more while i should be writing an essay of Freud & The Enlightenment Tradition (Featuring Entirely Gratuitous Use Of The Word 'Aufheben') has gone BOFFO just BOFFO

Crow posted:

my NY resolution is to do lots less cocaine. try steroids. go to australia and kill a kangaroo. shotgun more beer. be more gay. be less gay. be as gay as you can fucking be.
I was gay. I am gay. I will be gay. I'm not gay.
i ate kangaroo. in a restaurant in the french alps. Weird,
exercise update: still at it, tabata thrusters, jumping rope and walking up hills. intermittent fasting, one meal a day on average and staying hungry all the time. id kill for a chip or two. i should get a thrift store duffle bag and fill it with sandbags filled with sand and then use it to lift and then eat the sand. die adipose tissue.
take some amphetamines dude

deadken posted:

i ate kangaroo. in a restaurant in the french alps. Weird,

Hahaha what did you think? I personally really like it but i wouldn't trust the fucking Swiss to cook it.

Also i got like a takeaway fried rice and chicken in switzerland and it was like 23 dollars that place is retarded

it was nice i guess. like beef but tougher... i mean a couple of days later i had a bleu steak and i can kinda see why cows are widely farmed meat livestock and kangaroo aren't.... you're right though, i don't know if a bunch of savoyards are the best people to be preparing it
the only place ive ever been to in switzerland is geneva airport and lemme tell ya that place SUCKS
we drove to the airport just as the season was really starting and it was incredible, the other lane on all these narrow mountain roads was choked with parisians sitting in their cars and hooting, i don't think the traffic jam moved an inch between peisey and the motorway
how do you do kangaroo in australia. do you throw a kangaroo steak on the barbie

deadken posted:

it was nice i guess. like beef but tougher... i mean a couple of days later i had a bleu steak and i can kinda see why cows are widely farmed meat livestock and kangaroo aren't.... you're right though, i don't know if a bunch of savoyards are the best people to be preparing it

Come to Australia and I’ll cook some for you properly on the bbq.

More people should be eating it tbqh, it’s orders of magnitude less ecologically destructive than beef for a start.

yea ok

deadken posted:

we drove to the airport just as the season was really starting and it was incredible, the other lane on all these narrow mountain roads was choked with parisians sitting in their cars and hooting, i don't think the traffic jam moved an inch between peisey and the motorway

I re-read the map and the territory recently and had forgotten that basically the climax of the book is Jed going to Switzerland, commenting sourly on the place then beating up a woman who works at the assisted suicide facility and catching a train back to Paris lmao.

hahaha yeah lol

its weird that the map & the territory was the one that finally got houellebecq recognition from the literary establishment, its far from his best work. that bit was cool tho, and the stuff about the policeman and his childless dogful economics-discussion-y marriage as well
Yeah the policeman and his wife’s relationship, cooking rabbit and tending to each others difficulties in an understanding way was really sweet. Houllebecq wrting himself as this ridiculous drunkard who lives in filth was hilarious too.

What have you been reading recently? I tried a bit of Will Self but it might just be a bit too English for me……….Nazi literature of the Americas by Bolano was kewl
which one? what i like about self is his un-englishness i think, he's openly indebted to celine and his works lack the mildness that blights our culture.... i suppose its different if youre not from here. i just finished exams so ive mostly been reading course texts... it was on modernism but didnt delve into the avant-garde, dubliners rather than ulysses kinda thing.... one of them was good morning midnight by jean rhys which i really enjoyed, it had the Bitterness, some of it read a lil bit like imppers stuff lol
just bought a bunch of new books though, including a collection of essays by althusser *licks chops in a really weird perverse kinda way* Yum

deadken posted:

which one? what i like about self is his un-englishness i think, he's openly indebted to celine and his works lack the mildness that blights our culture.... i suppose its different if youre not from here. i just finished exams so ive mostly been reading course texts... it was on modernism but didnt delve into the avant-garde, dubliners rather than ulysses kinda thing.... one of them was good morning midnight by jean rhys which i really enjoyed, it had the Bitterness, some of it read a lil bit like imppers stuff lol

The Butt, but I was in a shitty post-New Years Eve mood when I started reading it so i'll keep it up

lol isnt that the one thats a satire on australia

deadken posted:

lol isnt that the one thats a satire on australia

Yeah but it’s not Australia it’s like a weird morphology of Australia with some Asian or African country and I can’t quite get my head around it.

deadken posted:

the only place ive ever been to in switzerland is geneva airport and lemme tell ya that place SUCKS

geneva? nah mate i just met 'er!

lol
I don’t know why there’s so much handwringing over the fiscal problems of the EU when the obvious solution is just to invade and occupy Switzerland and use their gold to balance the budget. Like sure they’ve got their “militia” or whatever but some French and British bombing runs followed by EU cleaning squads comprising of unemployed Iberian and Greek youth would make light work of their little mountain wonderland.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

I don’t know why there’s so much handwringing over the fiscal problems of the EU when the obvious solution is just to invade and occupy Switzerland and use their gold to balance the budget. Like sure they’ve got their “militia” or whatever but some French and British bombing runs followed by EU cleaning squads comprising of unemployed Iberian and Greek youth would make light work of their little mountain wonderland.

also take one of the cantons and make it a Roma Homeland lol

I re-read the map and the territory recently and had forgotten that basically the climax of the book is Jed going to Switzerland, commenting sourly on the place then beating up a woman who works at the assisted suicide facility and catching a train back to Paris lmao.

ive never read houellebecq & dont know his works but somehow knew that was to whose writing you referred

in my head i imagine he is kind of a dilettante, brand-name-dropping-in-a-hipstery-version-of-friedman-kinda-way 'french' counterpart of mishima which is exactly what that little snippet seems to evoke

The Butt

Why don’t you read one of his books and find out