CK2's expansion "the Republic" is coming out on the morrow. Are you hyped? I'm hyped. Fuck yeah.
Fuck off
i played civ5 today for the first time. it was fun.

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

Fuck off

Why is everyone so mean to me?

Cycloneboy posted:

CK2's expansion "the Republic" is coming out on the morrow. Are you hyped? I'm hyped. Fuck yeah.

shut the Ef up

Cycloneboy posted:

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

Fuck off

Why is everyone so mean to me?

Mega Fucker

oh, cool, video games. i--- *muffled sounds of struggle, a sharp crack, then silence*
ive been playing video games by thecatamites the past few days, and they are nice. gas thuis thread. im repping murderdog iv : the trial of murderdog in my av as i speak, its a good game about the justice system . gas it. i highly recomend goblet grotto too, and space funeral.
you guys are my only friends... why are you being so mean to me...
[account deactivated]
play with your dick and balls

deadken posted:

play with your dick and balls

tried it, wasn't very fun.

video games *lets loose an unceasing torrent of p1ss* video games *slams foot repeatedly into piss-sodden wall* video games *eats chunks of plaster* Video Fucking Games
[account deactivated]
it's cool how Cycloneboy's leadership has already skipped to this stage

getfiscal posted:

I like that game

getfiscal posted:

it takes like 15 hours to complete a single game lol

Cycloneboy posted:

Becuse you are idiot

swampman posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

Becuse you are idiot

actually i'm a very intelligent young man.

Don't blame me. I voted ilmdge
I haven't even put anybody in IFAP or anything. What is everyone's problem?

Cycloneboy posted:

swampman posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

Becuse you are idiot

actually i'm a very intelligent young man.

Typical example. you ask a question and then argue with the answer.

Cycloneboy posted:

we thought you'd evolve out of your gimmick if we voted you in and instead you put it into overdrive and it's tiring.

Doppelpöst

Cycloneboy posted:

You should have saved your political capital

getfiscal posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

we thought you'd evolve out of your gimmick if we voted you in and instead you put it into overdrive and it's tiring.

Gimmicks are for fuckers like you and IWC. Real men post earnestly and post hard.

[account deactivated]
To cycloneboys credit king of the hill wouldn't be funny if, after espousing the greatness of propane and propane accessories, hank hill winked and said "lol jk." in this manner his dedication must be admired . . .

Agnus_Dei posted:

Don't blame me. I voted ilmdge

I have AIDS. Fail AIDS.
come on and slam

if

you want to jam

discipline posted:

MESS WITH THE BEST
DIE LIKE THE REST

Seriously, though, what the fuck is the matter with you. I've done just about jack shit to you and you seem to have this ridiculous, and - dare I say it? - histrionic hatred of me. Are you still pissed about that one time back in 2008 or whenever when I called you "precious"? Jesus Christ and all the saints.

lol
I'm afraid you have shown your youth. You'll understand when you're older.

Agnus_Dei posted:

I'm afraid you have shown your youth. You'll understand when you're older.

without you ripoff

Cycloneboy posted:

discipline posted:

MESS WITH THE BEST
DIE LIKE THE REST

Seriously, though, what the fuck is the matter with you. I've done just about jack shit to you and you seem to have this ridiculous, and - dare I say it? - histrionic hatred of me. Are you still pissed about that one time back in 2008 or whenever when I called you "precious"? Jesus Christ and all the saints.

Cycloneboy posted:

Maybe it's because you're a Men's Rights Activist. It's just not a very good "fit" with this community.

Activist

Cycloneboy posted:

How does it feel to know there are like 10x as many people on r/MensRights as there are on r/communism?

Bad

http://reason.com/archives/2013/01/17/6-video-games-every-libertarian-should-p
Until recently, popular storytelling was an essentially top-down art: Novelists told readers how characters thought and felt, playwrights determined what they said, and movie directors subjected captive viewers to their own individual visions. The story you saw was the story someone else imagined, and audience interaction was limited to throwing tomatoes at the stage, or scribbling in the margins of a book. Even popular sports were basically passive: Fans might follow along in great detail, but the plays and their outcomes were determined by the actions of an elite few on the field.

But for the last 40 years, video games have begun to change all that. Games were built around interactivity: Players got what they wanted, not what someone else gave them. And as the technological firepower that makes video games possible has grown cheaper and more abundant, those games have increasingly focused on complex choice architectures designed to let players make their own stories. Game designers still build the playing fields, and some are more constrictive than others. But the arc of game design has bent toward expanding player choice. You are at the center of the experience, and you make it your own. The star of the show isn’t some writer or actor or player on the screen. The star is you.

It’s probably too much to argue that video games offer players freedom from the iron grip of the author—after all, games still have designers, and the old stories weren’t exactly forced upon their readers. But the rise of video games as a popular art form is surely a sign of the way that the broad universalized stories of yesterday have fractured into an array of niche narratives, each designed to serve an individualized interest.

All of which make video games of special interest to libertarians interested in the way the combination of technology, political freedom, and evolving social attitudes has resulted in an explosion of subculture interests and alternative modes of entertainment. So it’s not particularly surprising, then, to find that a number of video games have built in ideas and concepts that resonate with libertarians—sometimes positively, sometimes critically. As the current generation of game systems begins its final year, it’s worth looking back at six games of particular interest to those who like their minds and their markets to be free.