[account deactivated]
Here is a message from Canada: stop wearing your fucking shoes in the house.
wearing shoes inside is one of the greatest joys of being american, as well as the super-comfortable, hyper-functional running shoes/jeans combo (not even steve jobs could give that one a bad name)
[account deactivated]
That's a nice closet. Nice.
this lacks class

Lykourgos posted:

this lacks class

that's what's so insane about this

i think you're missing how the patriarchy has brutalized these women into submitting to the wanton sexy footwear demands of men. a $250,000 closet is a survival mechanism
This is all pretty gauche, but I don't see how it's any different than pale skin, Polish plaits, jewelled snuff boxes, or any other status symbol at different points in time. I suppose it's a powerful narrative though- how often did we hear of Kim Jong-il's cognac budget as an indication of his malevolence?

discipline posted:

I'm gonna make a website called nowarbutclasswar and it's going to be pure class-related agitprop like this

Goon project : class war

i'll make the website

fuckyeahclasswar.tumblr.com
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i was thinking last night about how much i'd probably enjoy a business degree. maybe i could get a sweet job and buy my future wife a kick-ass closet. i figure there's a 50-50 chance my parents might buy me a condo by the time i'm 40, so i'll send them a note about closet specifications as soon as i meet my belle.
[account deactivated]
I'm buying a car this weekend but both of my closets remain pretty pedestrian
[account deactivated]
nyc is a place the world would be better off without.
[account deactivated]
those closets all look pretty dated already
maybe i'll buy a condo in NYC once i get into business. i'll watch "wall street" a few times, buy a used corporate finance textbook and bootstrap myself into a world where money never sleeps.

discipline posted:

I knew dork_re x was loaded when he threw a party and all his friends called for cars to get home because the G was just a "hell-hole" or "manhattan is too far". well I ride the G for like two hours of my day you giant weeping babies.

Meh, he'll come around- I once thought unless his dad was in town and a trip to Pete Lugar's was in order that he'd never head up north- he used to earnestly wonder if trains even still ran underground up here. Anyway, one night at Alligator Lounge changed his mind, so maybe you just need to find the right scene. Easy on the stories about making out with PFLP junior political officers at your next dinner party.

True privilege manifests more through ostentatious self-denial than conspicuous consumption.

Edited by gyrofry ()

[account deactivated]

Lykourgos posted:

this lacks class

No war but class war. Anyways, at the party thrown by a billionaires son I noticed that these peopel were a little snobby. Hahaha. Anyone got a "couch" i can stay on next time im taking a month to find myself in Europe
whatever, as long as i get that labour aristocracy paper

Keven posted:

No war but class war. Anyways, at the party thrown by a billionaires son I noticed that these peopel were a little snobby. Hahaha. Anyone got a "couch" i can stay on next time im taking a month to find myself in Europe

[account deactivated]
why do i think i'm right for this job? well i did watch pursuit of happyness starring will smith last night and a few months ago i tooled through a first year investment skills study booklet. my ideal wife is pretty so i'd like to talk about any savings vehicles your firm kicks into for walk-in closet construction.
I don't complain about rich people's parties because they have nice places, nice washrooms, nice couches, nice sound systems, nice drugs, nice liquor, nice girls, nice food and a lot of other nice things. And all those things make up for a really good time.

Groulxsmith posted:

I'm buying a car this weekend but both of my closets remain pretty pedestrian

much like your posting

wasted posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP83EaQgoaQ

wasted posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Availability_heuristic

swampman posted:

wasted posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Availability_heuristic

oh dear

wasted posted:

i like his opinions more when he packs them into some overwritten quip from a black youth to a white adult.

discipline posted:

I'm gonna make a website called nowarbutclasswar and it's going to be pure class-related agitprop like this

please actually do this

Yeah, that's what the sign I carried around during a march in Occupy Toronto. Some ol guy said fuck you to me in the financial district when I was carrying it around! haha. So we knows it pisses off the right people.

Red_Canadian posted:

Yeah, that's what the sign I carried around during a march in Occupy Toronto. Some ol guy said fuck you to me in the financial district when I was carrying it around! haha. So we knows it pisses off the right people.

That's pretty good... Have you considered adapting this story to the rage comic medium?