i havent watched past seriers 5 or 6 of the original one but it was still good

MadMedico posted:

What are your guys' take on the Americans, FX's new show about soviet spies in the 1980's?

Really good title

getfiscal posted:

what's shameless about. if it's just about a family then there needs to be a good twist. like two male friends raising a girl. or an old man raising a young black child. basically i'm going to need some combination of unlikely parent and precocious child.

ur in luck, because there's a black baby they assumed was a result of an affair, but it turns out he was the product of 2 white parents but just had a recessive gene from a distant black ancestor! zany.

[account deactivated]

d4ky posted:

ya I like it so far. how many seasons do I need to watch?

watch them until you get bothered by their steady abandonment of looking at poverty through black comedy gives way to absurdity as they refuse to put forward any actual solutions yet still carry on the show or some reason and then turn it off (I think its roughly around series 7 or 8 but bits and pieces come in and out which are nice as it slowly descends into awfulness)

also

MANCHESTER IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD

the north will rise again.

SovietFriends posted:

d4ky posted:

ya I like it so far. how many seasons do I need to watch?

watch them until you get bothered by their steady abandonment of looking at poverty through black comedy gives way to absurdity as they refuse to put forward any actual solutions yet still carry on the show or some reason and then turn it off (I think its roughly around series 7 or 8 but bits and pieces come in and out which are nice as it slowly descends into awfulness)

also

thx sovietfriends. also, lol I will have to keep this in mind if I ever visit the place